It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Coming In?- What the ... ..??? Tin Hat Time! Or?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I think its obvious the OP figured out what happened on the first page...or it seemed that way to me.

The shaking of the camera was caused from the explosion off the Sun. www.Spaceweather.com also says the instruments may get a glancing blow... so.... looks as if they did.

Thanks OP!

The SDO satellite, from which this video comes, is in geosynchronous Earth orbit at a height from us of about 36,000 kilometers.

The light itself from the Sun takes approximately 8.3 minutes to reach us here on the Earth because the Sun is 149.5 million kilometers away from us. So, when we see a large flare, or the CME that usually follows it, we are looking at what happened at the surface of the Sun in the past.

With the actual physical content that is blasted out of the Sun (and which would carry a pressure wave that potentially might affect things), it can take a significant time to reach us.

It normally takes two hours for protons emitted from a Solar Flare to reach the Earth. Most of the other particles can take a couple of days to get here.

But over a distance of 149.5 million kilometers, I'm sure you can see that the shock wave and the matter itself will have spread out so thinly that it would not be able to buffet a satellite around like this.

What is shown in the video is a calibration check on the camera system. The camera is moved from being centered on the Sun and moved to another point where the intensity of the light is a known fixed value (actually a point of a blend of total sunlight to the darkness of space). This is repeated at another off axis location to verify the reading. When this is measured, the camera intensity readings (over several spectral bands) can be adjusted and the camera can then be re-centered on the Sun and we can be confident that the camera intensity readings are correct.

The video is sped up the actual calibration probably took about five minutes (look at the time code across the bottom of the video).

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Soooo, something unseen and really, really big, is playing bouncy ball with our sun?

Cool.

I like this comment from the youtube page

No worries. It's just our sun dancing to universal dubstep. :p

edit on 18-4-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

Seriously? No not the sun the spacecraft (SOHO) maybe but that was not the sun moving...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

SPACE EARTHQUAKE INCOMING.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Dutch has predicted doom in every one of his videos.
He has NEVER been right so far.
Why would Dutch be right this time, law of averages?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Sorry to come in late, but it looked to me as if there may have been some energy fluxes which affected the video quality? Kind of makes you wonder if that same energy surge will have an effect on earth, animals or even people in some subtle way. Good time to reflect and lay low.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
there seems to be more solar flares this year than in the past. They have not affected any of my electronics very much, maybe a dropped call or two.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Yes, yes there is more solar activity this year than last. This is because we are approaching solar maximum.

Solar activity doesn't really have much effect on cell phone communications. If, on the other hand, you are talking about satellite phones (pretty rare) there would be some effects.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by earthdude

Yes, yes there is more solar activity this year than last. This is because we are approaching solar maximum.

Solar activity doesn't really have much effect on cell phone communications. If, on the other hand, you are talking about satellite phones (pretty rare) there would be some effects.

Well,then,I will blame my service provider and hope they don't blame it on solar flares,if they do,I'm referring them to you,phage.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
That is beyond a what the # moment. I cannot wait to hear the explanations for this.

You just got your first rational answer...right above your post!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join