It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Tribute to a True American....the late Mr. Dick Clark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Please join in and let's celebrate the life of the late Mr. Dick Clark....a True American!

It's hard for me to find the words to sum up Dick Clark...but one word for sure is "Iconic". Dick Clark, was one of the first to bridge the racial barriers when it came to music. He not only gave an opportunity for African Americans to show the world their music, but he also made it okay for blacks and whites to stand side by side in a time when racial tensions were at their height. Because of American Bandstand...all races together, enjoyed the incredible art that we call music.

As a kid growing up in the 1970's I remember seeing some of my favorite artist perform. Although it preceded the era of music videos, American Bandstand was the epitome of live performance on television that every American (and soon the international community) could depend on every Saturday morning for decades to get the musical fix of their choice. After my cartoons were over, I waited patiently to hear the famous theme to American Bandstand...this was my cue....I knew it was time to pay attention to my most favorite art of all time...music.

As an accomplished entertainment manager, I owe a lot of my success to Mr. Dick Clark. American Bandstand was IMO, the beginning of MTV, BET, VH-1 and the likes (even though had it not been for Michael Jackson, MTV never would have made it). I must also honor the genius of Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5, while I'm at it. As someone who has worked closely with MJ and who has a family member currently touring with Cirque Du Soleil's Michael Jackson "The Immortal Tour", the rhythm guitarist Jon M. Clark, from the Bad Tour, I am proud that Dick Clark gave both Michael, his family and my brother, their time to shine and so many others.

I would like to post some of my favorite memories of American Bandstand. Here's to you Mr. Clark. Some of the sound quality is very low.....sorry. You'll really love the last two videos!

[yvid]9Tg46EO8GFQ[/yvid
]

This video deserves special mention IMO, of the awesome hi-hats....off tha hook!

So again, here's to you Mr. Clark for decades of entertainment, defining American Music, Ingenuity, Fashion, Culture and all the many barriers you tore down

I absolutely LOVE IT and I love you all...I really do

Please add your favorite American Bandstand moments for us all to share.
edit on 4/18/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

join