It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 LEMONADE STAND

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Great story and a great cause. Not so great will be the IRS knocking at the door looking for a little lemonade payment. It may sound funny but I have absolutely no doubt that it will happen.
www.mega949.com...

Young Drew Cox knows how to make lemonade out of lemons – and then some. The 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy reportedly took in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his sick dad. Read more: www.mega949.com...

Damn! Just when I lose faith in humanity, some do-gooder goes and writes a huge check for a stranger!

Drew opened his stand for business outside his home on Saturday morning, charging 25 cents a cup. Word of his benevolent venture spread quickly, with some customers coming from dozens of miles away. One person wrote a $5,000 check and by the end of the day, Drew raised more than $10,000. Read more: www.mega949.com...

Remember, if we can all do something like this...we win. Maybe not $5,000 but it sounds like many people drove out of their way to throw a few dollars to the cause.

And to the person who bought a $5,000 cup of lemonade....Thank you from all of us!

Screw ObamaCare...This is HumanCare!

Peace

edit on 18-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh once obama heres about this they will arrest the kid for being a domestic terrorist and for impeading and stealing buisness from the union factories that make lemonade with chemicals in it.

You do realize seriously that the cops will be called on this kid for not having a peddlers permit.. a sterile government approved kitchen.. no buisness liesnce...

If the kid is lucky he wont get fined more than the ten thousand he took in

Stories like this are what use to make america such a great place to live when it was a free country.

star and flag for you sir

[

editby]edit on 18-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
Oh once obama heres about this they will arrest the kid for being a domestic terrorist and for impeading

Either that or he'll seize the stand and make the kid work for 10% of the take while Obama takes 90%

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is how our health care system should work....people helping people....We don't need some BS government healthcare system to make sure everyone has healthcare, we need more people that care.
edit on 18-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Great story !

S&F !

Just goes to show you,that their is still kindness,and generosity,in America.

Real Americans,who still believe in this Country. God bless this kids family,and those who helped.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well keep that stand open kid. Sadly 10,000 isn`t that much when you are talking medical bills. Making that affordable would be a good start in a healthier America not making Health Insurance mandatory which is laughable. Like in this story the father has health insurance but still owes thousands. Why?

Great story of a great kid now just hope it pays off for the youngster and father.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
See now if anyone could just up and start doing stuff like this then we would have a shot at the american dream but they have the system set up to where everyone stays at the bottom unless born into a family that can afford to start businesses.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Actually if the money is all donations then he is not a business they need to make it clear the lemonade is free and donations are voluntary.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Great Story!! This reminds of a 9 yr old kid in my area named Jack..

Jack is an 9-year-old boy who has been a frequent patient at SickKids for most of his short life because he used to suffer from a severe form of epilepsy. Jack's seizures started when he was a baby and despite all medical interventions, his seizures persisted and worsened. In January 2010, with no other options, Jack underwent a series of brain surgeries, which involved over 24-hrs of surgery and the removal of a significant portion of his brain. After the last surgery, his seizures stopped. His recovery included relearning how to walk and talk and today Jack is a healthy boy. His story is a miracle and he is alive today because of SickKids and the incredible doctors there. Jack is now in grade 4 and is living life to the fullest. He attends school at Wildwood Academy in Oakville and his favourite activities are playing with his younger brother Christopher, reading, and swimming at the YMCA. Since 2007, Jack has been selling lemonade to help other children at the hospital and he takes great pride in his lemonade stand, which he built with his dad. He knows that he is making a difference in the lives of other children and is proving that illness doesn't need to be a barrier to achievement. Jack's Mom and Dad are incredibly proud of him for how he has handled all of his medical challenges with such grace and resilience over the years. His gentle and compassionate spirit has taught both of his parents many life lessons.

With the help of his community he raised over $13,000 in his first year and it has been increasing annually since...this year the goal is $250,000!!

Source;www.jackslemonade.com...

S&F OP!
edit on 18-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: fix link

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Actually if the money is all donations then he is not a business they need to make it clear the lemonade is free and donations are voluntary.

With that much money they will say that he's not registered as a charity.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by hawkiye

With that much money they will say that he's not registered as a charity.

Peace

Hes not a charity he is raising donations for his families medical bills. This is why people need to know and understand the codes and statutes. Even if you are a charity you don't need to be registered it is right in their own rules. However these people may get slapped down simply because they are ignorant of these things.
edit on 18-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Also, if the kid set up the stand and didn't have a permit to do so, they're really gonna get fined. Yes, you need a permit in many places now. Permit for a lemonade stand, permit for a garage sale or yard sale, permit to sell your car in your OWN driveway, etc. It's insane.

You can bet the IRS will get to this kid, if they haven't already. But also, I bet he gets another knock on the door by Big Brother.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Oh once obama heres about this they will arrest the kid for being a domestic terrorist and for impeading

Either that or he'll seize the stand and make the kid work for 10% of the take while Obama takes 90%

Peace

Spend a million dollars to do it and presto a new job created.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I need to stop reading things like this. Today has been a water shed for my frustration. Great story, well, like you said WAS until some scum bag decided to follow the rules to the determent of a 6 Y/O trying to help his sick dad.

I say if the rules are unjust they are not rules they are tyranny. Rules are meant to protect those that fall under them. When they actually hurt people they are not rules since we need to agree to them as a whole. The vast majority if not all people would be against legal action against this kid. Yet our benevolent Government seems to think that it is a just cause to take issue with this kids
F-ing lemonade stand. Who care how much money he raised, he is trying to feed his family.

I have to sign off. I am starting to get angry beyond the point of no return.

good night ATS...be well.

US government.....screw you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Op have you any updates on your story?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Op have you any updates on your story?

I've actually checked around but haven't found any follow-ups to it. If the Govt. does get nasty I'll guess that it'll be even bigger news than it is right now.

I'll keep watching tho.

Peace

new topics

top topics

active topics

join