It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA installs undercover agents on Texas busses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What do you say to my one incident scenario? You can't defend your stance against it because your logic is flawed.
edit on 18-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

"One Incident" could happen anywhere there are more than a handful of people in one spot. For example, a bus (as you say), a train, a plane, a traffic jam on the freeway at rush hour, a mall, a grocery store, a concert, a bar, a religious service of most any denomination, a school, a wedding, a funeral, a professional sporting event, a little league game, a convention, a seminar, a restaurant, a gas station, in short - darn near anywhere.

Can the government protect us from "One incident" anywhere? No, not unless everyone gets a check, a pat down and surveillance from the time they leave their house till the time they get home.

That's why I don't buy the argument either. It can't be just about that because that doesn't make any sense as there are literally 1000's of other places "one incident" could happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can promise you this is about gun control, not terrorism. I'm familiar with who Sheila Jackson Lee is and what her stance is on our second amendment. A Google search will tell you all you need to know about her views.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Either way, whatever the tsa's reason for placing agents on public transport to do searches or checking id's seems like it would be unconstitutional. . . or maybe not with this supreme court. Maybe I should look for a teaching job in another country once I graduate. I don't want to give up my liberties just to feel safe or help the government save itself from blame if an attack happened again.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by amongus

Where does the article say you will be detained? Did you bitch about the increased security measures launched at airports?

The article didn't, Obama's NDAA says it though. Go read it sometime.
And yes I bitched about the airport scanners and groping, I was even on Alex Jones show as a caller talking about it all, especially the scanners' terahertz waves damaging DNA. So yeah, I'm outspoken.

Life is not a guarantee of safety. We have to take personal responsibility and risks in this life, and the government's job is not to hold our hands and grab our groins wherever we go to make sure we're safe. Those exploding elderly and young baby's diapers that the TSA found sure did save our lives.

"we have to take personal responsibility and risks in this life".

How subjective can you get? If only this world was based on such opinions......

I stand by my posts.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I wonder what would happen if they tried to search the wrong person or perhaps someone with a CCW permit, that would be an incident.

I would expect more incidents to arise after the TSA goes around fondling people for no reason.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by queenofswords

I wonder what would happen if they tried to search the wrong person or perhaps someone with a CCW permit, that would be an incident.

I would expect more incidents to arise after the TSA goes around fondling people for no reason.

You will find out eventually. As was stated in the video of the news broadcast "This is a national pilot program.."
It will go national.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Many folks here know what I'm saying and agree. We can't be kept "safe and secure" everywhere and at all times, that is unless we lived in FEMA camps and/or have a TSA agent in our homes all day. Maybe cameras in our homes will you make feel safer, but not I.

Anywhere and anytime a "terrorist" can do whatever they want, gasoline and matches are everywhere and a teenager can obtain them. You can't put everyone on in-sight 24/7 unless you want and Orwellian society police state.

Regardless, the only folks taking away our freedoms are the domestic terrorists in office. The muslims didn't profit from 9/11, Halliburton and their subsidiaries did. The muslims aren't even a slight threat to our freedoms, the politicians are. I say bring it on Al CIAda, come to our shores and New Jersey, Massachusetts, N & S. Caroline, RI, CT, and Maine will take care of them before they get off the boats like the beaches of Normandy.

We can take care of ourselves FAR better than the gov't ever has.

edit on 18-4-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Overkill? You say that now, but the first time a suicide bomber gets on a bus and kills dozens, you will be the first to be pissed at the government for doing nothing.

Yeah because we have had so many suicide bomber on buses lately oh wait we've never had any such thing and bus crime is ridiculously low. However the dumbed down sheeple will go along for the most part rather then assert their inherent rights.

42 USC § 1983 - CIVIL ACTION FOR DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
www.law.cornell.edu...

PS and you should probably read this guys story of how he defied the TSA and got through without having to be groped or scanned noblasters.com... Scroll down to "My TSA Encounter"

edit on 18-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Overkill? You say that now, but the first time a suicide bomber gets on a bus and kills dozens, you will be the first to be pissed at the government for doing nothing.

--

Yes its overkill....random searches on the street is complete overkill....im not against them protecting people who use public transpo but there has got to be a better way than hassling everyday citizens....just because some people are criminals it doesnt meant you have treat everyone like their criminals.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Lucky for me I am already in Houston so I don't have to wait. I was really happy that there is little to no DHS presence here, I guess thats all about to change.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

We can't be kept "safe and secure" everywhere and at all times,

I'm not being antagonistic. I actually respect your posts here on ATS. bUT, if you were the POTS, how would YOU deal with the threat? Knowing that one incident would jeopardize your re election?

Like I said, I respect you. I don't want to engage in a pissing match...but knowing that we do NOT live in a utopia, what steps would you take to cover your bases?

Doing NOTHING is just ignorant.....

Sorry for the italics

edit on 18-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Yeah because we have had so many suicide bomber on buses lately oh wait we've never had any such thing and bus crime is ridiculously low. However the dumbed down sheeple will go along for the most part rather then assert their inherent rights.

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
www.law.cornell.edu...

PS and you should probably read this guys story of how he defied the TSA and got through without having to be groped or scanned noblasters.com... Scroll down to "My TSA Encounter"

P.S.S. Because we have had so many planes flying into buildings?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Like I said, I respect you. I don't want to engage in a pissing match...but knowing that we do NOT live in a utopia, what steps would you take to cover your bases?

No but soon we can all live in a communist Utopia while holding hands and singing kumbaya by the fire as we turn our plowshares into pruning hooks.
edit on 18-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by amongus

No but soon we can all live in a communist Utopia while holding hands and singing kumbaya by the fire as we turn our plowshares into pruning hooks.
edit on 18-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

I understand what the premise is here. But, I'm just saying that the OPs topic is just a step to cover their asses. Right, or wrong. It is what it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I don't see how this will help anyone cover their ass or get re-elected. All it's doing at this point is pissing people off. Maybe you could explain that better.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm not being antagonistic. I actually respect your posts here on ATS. bUT, if you were the POTS, how would YOU deal with the threat? Knowing that one incident would jeopardize your re election?

I know the above wasn't directed at me - I hope you don't mind if I give my answer thou.

What we are doing now is just treating the symptoms of the problem. Its like putting on band-aids or taking aspirin. We aren't curing anything. Heck, we may even be making the underlying cause worse as it gets driven deeper underground and festers.

I would find out the "why". Like, "Why do people want to blow us up?" You have to eliminate the root cause of the problem or you'll never get rid of it by just treating symptoms. For starters I'd pull us out of Afghanistan - we've been there too long as is and go from there.

We can't spy on each other and feel each other up all day long to make us safe - because that won't do it. We have to start getting rid of the reasons people want to blow us up in the first place.

Anyway - that's what I'd do.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

I know the above wasn't directed at me - I hope you don't mind if I give my answer thou.

What we are doing now is just treating the symptoms of the problem. Its like putting on band-aids or taking aspirin. We aren't curing anything. Heck, we may even be making the underlying cause worse as it gets driven deeper underground and festers.

I would find out the "why". Like, "Why do people want to blow us up?" You have to eliminate the root cause of the problem or you'll never get rid of it by just treating symptoms. For starters I'd pull us out of Afghanistan - we've been there too long as is and go from there.

We can't spy on each other and feel each other up all day long to make us safe - because that won't do it. We have to start getting rid of the reasons people want to blow us up in the first place.

Anyway - that's what I'd do.

People want to blow us up because we are a nation built on war. And we are the most powerful nation in the world.

SO, knowing why people want to blow us up, what measures would YOU do to prevent rogue terrorists from entering our country?

Thx frogs

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I honestly never thought the day would come when I would consider emigrating to another country. But this is too much. How do we the people get our country back?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

www.law.cornell.edu...

P.S.S. Because we have had so many planes flying into buildings?

So why don't we just have DHS and police randomly knock on doors search homes, cars, and strip search everyone just to make sure no one is planning a terrorist attack? I don't care how many planes fly into buildings Opps its only been the one incident none of this makes us safer. Isreal has random suicide bombers and they do not even go to this extreme geeze... If you want to live in some police state because bad things happen sometimes and think you safer that's your problem however don't tell me I need to give up my rights because of your ignorance and stupidity!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by jude11

I honestly never thought the day would come when I would consider emigrating to another country. But this is too much. How do we the people get our country back?

It's past the point of no return because of

1. Too many people are unaware of what is going on around them.

2. Too many people don't believe it will happen.

3. Not enough people care enough to get off their asses to take on the Govt.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join