It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Raids Herbal Distributor Over Cancer Remedies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Indeed, the FDA, known benefactors of big pharma, have been succeeding in their rampage across natural health remedy stores, and they could be coming to your town next.

After an alleged complaint against the ‘Notion-n-things’ store in Missouri, the State department of Health and Senior Services managed to embargo the company’s herbal products. Only as recently as three weeks ago did the district judge sign the order for seizure of those products.

Source

So is this really about ‘misbranded’ and ‘false’ products or is the FDA seizing these alternative,natural products because of what associate commissioner for regulatory affairs Dana Corrigan stated here in the article -

The FDA, spoken for by Dara Corrigan, admitted that the administrations’ concerns with these three products, and many others like them, is that cancer patients will choose them over their own ‘effective and proven’ treatments.

Do they really care about what people freely choose to put in their bodies or is it about money & control? in other words the public has no freedom of choice in the matter.

Here is a link to the original sourced article from caldwell county Federal Marshals raid store; seize salve containing chickweed and comfrey

Another source with more information - FDA assault on herbal cancer products continues with raid on Missouri distributor

What do you personally believe and think? Should a individual be able to make their own decisions of what they want to treat their diseases & ailments? what they want to put into their bodies?

Does the FDA have the right to strip people of personal choice regardless of whether the remedies work or not?

If some of these natural remedies truly do work you can see the conspiracy & control issues that would surround such seizures and violations of personal choice and freedom.

What do you think? where do you stand on these matters? I look forward to your responses.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

"Effective and proven"...yeah, effectively poisonous and proven to take twice as long as the stuff we grow in our gardens.

You can keep your expensive horse pills. I'll go with my grandma's herbal tea, thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
well gee.

Its real snake oil.....pressed it themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This kind of stuff makes me crazy. We have no freedom of choice in America. We are controlled and told what to eat, wear, say. I see a revolution coming down the pike.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Despite all the fears every supplement and vitamin is still on all the store shelves. They just can't claim medicinal benefits without proof. That is all this about. They are not banning the supplements.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What the!!! when will it end? I bet they have a cure for cancer but they won't ever give it to the public, because it's much more profitable for them to keep people sick!!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Would the business be saved if they put a label on their products that said, "May help keep cancer away"?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
People should be able to take whatever remedy they like..PERIOD....BUT...Pyramid scams and bogus products should not promise to cure cancer unless it REALLY helps..,,juicing cannabis leaves is the new thing for cancer..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Despite all the fears every supplement and vitamin is still on all the store shelves. They just can't claim medicinal benefits without proof. That is all this about. They are not banning the supplements.

They are not still on the shelf hence the seizure.

This is about only three alternative supplements/treatments being seized,nothing else but from what the article says,yes,they were removed.

At least that is what I gathered.

Originally posted by KibbleChild

What the!!! when will it end? I bet they have a cure for cancer but they won't ever give it to the public, because it's much more profitable for them to keep people sick!!

You got that right.

I honestly believe there to be a cure for not only cancer but many other destructive,fatal diseases and ailments...Unfortunately for us the ones in power & control would rather kill a few million with one stone by keeping the public in the dark all the while making billions/trillions off of so called treatments and cures.

They get rich and reduce the population all in one swipe.

Originally posted by avatard
People should be able to take whatever remedy they like..PERIOD....BUT...Pyramid scams and bogus products should not promise to cure cancer unless it REALLY helps..,,juicing cannabis leaves is the new thing for cancer..

I agree,the natural remedies should do what they say but the same goes for mainstream FDA approved cures and treatments.

You will have to forgive me for saying that I do not trust the FDA one bit or the real puppet masters writing their checks.
edit on 19-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
comfrey & chickweed salves for healing - raided.

yet FDA has no problem with Rockefeller Institute Cancer fund collecting $$$ and estates from its cancer treatment victims before they CROAK...

and using the funds to sponsor terrorism.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

It is truly criminal when you get right down to it.

If it were up to me,I would fire the whole bunch and start over...Elect some 12 years olds in their place,probably do a better job than the jokers and scum that are in there right now.

edit on 19-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Their treatments may be proven to help cancer in some cases, but they are not by any means safe. If a person has a terminal disease it is their choice how they medicate!! This is an outrage. The FDA is not looking out for our well being they are protecting their investments and making sure no one tries any alternative treatments.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

While I am not so stupid as to think the FDA is only looking out for me, there are many people looking to benefit from people suffering from terminal illnesses. Marketing something as a cure for cancer without extensive, scientifically reviewed proof, should not be allowed.

In this case I have to support what was done. I am open to proof, and support Burzynski.

top topics

join