It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegetables! the ultimate conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Vegetables are not that good for you. Though the nutrition in some vegetables is good here are some interesting stories I have come along

First:

www.time.com...

Basically the nutrition of the vegetables is on a steady decline as well as the flavor as stated in this article

Second: GMO - enough said

Third:

abcnews.go.com...

This is a report about about the pesticides inside and outside of vegetables.

Fourth:

www.disinfo.com...

Eating only vegetables is bad for your brain and overall health.

Fifth:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I like this one especially.
If you ask me, these foodstuffs are liver (good for all vitamins and packed with minerals), sardines (for vitamin D and calcium), eggs (all-round super-food with vitamins A, B, D, E and K, iron, zinc, calcium and more), sunflower seeds (magnesium, vitamin E and zinc) Add milk (good for calcium, vitamins A and D), porridge oats (magnesium, zinc and B vitamins) and cocoa powder (magnesium and iron) and, hey presto, you’re provided with the full quota of every vitamin and mineral our bodies need.

Ok so my point is I think this whole "EAT YOUR VEGGIES NOW" attitude the media and others shove down our throats has an agenda. One is The people making money off of vegetables second is with all the toxins being sprayed on these veggies and lets not forget GMO food could this be the population control we all fear. could this be a huge contributor to cancer?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sorry to tell you, but this isn't the ultimate conspiracy. Guava is way ahead of you with his/her political thread...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

You would be very, VERY close if you knew the true meaning of the pod people.

Otherwise, not the ultimate, but close.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I predict you will go far! One of the best "Do I have to eat my vegetables?" arguments I have ever read. Present this to any Mom and she will have to cave. Congratulations! I am not a fan of them either. Home grown negates all of your arguments, soooo, keep away from doing that or visiting Farmers Markets and you'll be fine.

I agree it is an insidious and long lasting conspiracy. We must stop it now!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Haha the title was suppose to be sarcastic in regards to all the thousands of similar threaded titles on this site. Just figured I would shed a little light on the possibility vegetables are harmful rather than healthy this day and age

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If vegetables are grown PROPERLY then they are definitely good for you.

However, you also need to offset a vegetarian diet with some sort of protein otherwise you'll be in trouble pretty quickly.

There are many species in the wild that only live on vegetables and thrive.

The biggest conspiracy to me is this. If every American were to eat the vegetable and fruit portions that are recommended by the Government's own organizations, such as the FDA, there are not enough vegetables and fruit grown inside North America (including Canada and Mexico) to feed Americans if they ate properly.

The Government NEEDS people to make unhealthy choices. More than half of the arable land in the United States is growing crops that can't be eaten (corn for high fructose corn syrup and ethanol) and if everyone ate healthy, there wouldn't be enough food. The USDA (US Department of Agriculture) pays farmers subsidies to grow crops that can't be eaten - now that's mind blowing.

This thread won't stop your parents from making you eat your spinach. Sorry.
edit on 18-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I agree with the points you make when it come to big box store veggies.
My backyard is all veg garden and I know none of those points work with my garden!!!
Mine are heirloom variety, with no chemicals and eaten fresh. It doesn't get any better then that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

However, you also need to offset a vegetarian diet with some sort of protein otherwise you'll be in trouble pretty quickly.

Yes this is true and the protein that you need is a
Rump of beef on your plate veg gravy maybe a yorkie pudding
I call this Sunday dinner best of the week and will provide all
The protein you need

Cran

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Obviously, one of the main reasons that veggies are not as nutritious, is that we don't rotate our crops or let our fields rest.
Factory farms plant the same crop season after season in the same field, as a general rule.
Certain plants will deplete a field of certain nutrients. Others will add those very same nutrients back to the soil. You need to rotate the crops.
Also, any good gardener knows that you have to feed your soil to maintain it's health. Where I live, the soil is called gumbo. A mixture of clay and sandy soil. It's crap. It's taken me years of adding compost and manure to my garden to make it healthy.
Compost
Recycling at it's best.
My 2cents

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What you have claimed about vegetables, in fact all grown foods, is absolutely true. When you macro-fertilize you make things look decent on the outside, but an apple, carrot or head of cabbage from even 25 years ago is far better than the food being grown today. The micro fertilization that is missing from our food chain is leaving produce empty and void of nutritional value. This is exactly why I (living in northern ontario, while no place is safer, the local fish are a little better off) catch red fin sucker and make a nice slurry for my garden each year. This replenishes the micro nutrients and allows me to grow fantastic produce.

It is indeed part of the program to malnourish and enslave the species. Without question.

Research the real operatives behind the scene, the Codex Alimentarius.

Codex

These are the people that now manipulate the food chain for the entire planet, and have been strengthening their position since the inception in '63. These are the folks that made it mandatory for all countries belonging to WTO/IMF/WHO to inject hormones in beef. These are the folks that have outlawed micro nutrition and labelled it as toxic.

MSM is certainly going to bastardize the real story and convince millions of people that they can indeed seek refuge in fortified foods.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

I am in the same boat there. Huge garden in the backyard, just tilled the compost into the soil today, almost time to plant. Nothing like fresh from the garden, or canned properly with no preservitive crap in it. I also prefer to eat mostly hunted meat, fish and lobster off the local boats, buy my cow from a local natural farmer....

I want to start doing my own chicken farming soon too, maybe even a pig

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

HA even when I was still living at home my parents couldnt make me eat veggies. Im lachanophobic and cant bring myself to eat them. Maybe my body and brain know better. Most likely its denial though haha

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
Obviously, one of the main reasons that veggies are not as nutritious, is that we don't rotate our crops or let our fields rest.
Factory farms plant the same crop season after season in the same field, as a general rule.
Certain plants will deplete a field of certain nutrients. Others will add those very same nutrients back to the soil. You need to rotate the crops.
Also, any good gardener knows that you have to feed your soil to maintain it's health. Where I live, the soil is called gumbo. A mixture of clay and sandy soil. It's crap. It's taken me years of adding compost and manure to my garden to make it healthy.
Compost
Recycling at it's best.
My 2cents

Try some permaculture techniques. Namely hugelkultur and mulching. Soil will reach healthy and balanced state earlier with less effort. With mulching water consumption drops significantly. I'm testing it this year for first time so no first hand experience yet but what I read about it is logical and scientifically based.

top topics

join