It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting find in country music, Laura Bell Bundy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Laura Bell Bundy

Laura Ashley Bell Bundy (born April 10, 1981) is an American actress and singer who has performed in a number of Broadway roles, both starring and supporting, as well as in television and film. Her best known Broadway roles are the original Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray and the original Elle Woods in the musical version of Legally Blonde. She signed to Mercury Records Nashville and released her first country music single, "Giddy On Up," in early 2010. The album's second single, "Drop on By", was released to country radio on August 9, 2010.

and well take a look at the videos gives you a better idea

some looks and some talent with experience- played on Broadway as Elle Woods

interview
yes she was on Gerardo years ago

country broken heart song

like the opening sequence... and the vocals awesome

I have to agree with a poster here-- amazing use of vocals and stage presence...

the last one was the best demonstration of talent...

Pre-reqs are all there-
10 plus years experience
Looks
talent

lets see if luck is there

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can't stand her! Especially the giddy up song. It's people like her that ruined country!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
She does have a voice and she does know how to use her body to attract viewers but.......not my cup of coffee. I saw the "giddy on up" video on MTV a few months back and thought to myself "You GOT to be kidding". Although the "Drop on by" song is one I would love a certain someone to dedicate to me. I have to admit.

There are a few new female country acts that I like, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood for example, but for the most part I don't think a lot of new acts like Sugarland and The Band Perry represent country music the way I feel it should be represented. Sincere. Kinda like me I guess.You don't have to be all moody and down about it but you don't have to "shake it" for the camera either. I just don't think it's very tactful.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
I can't stand her! Especially the giddy up song. It's people like her that ruined country!

MEOW!! Kitty has claws today.

Maybe you're more the George Strait and Martina McBride type? In all fairness though country music isn't ruined. If you want to find the really good stuff you have dig a little.

As far as female artists go, Miss Roberts is more my style.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Go back a little further...I'm talking Loretta Lynne, Patsy Cline, Conway Twitty, etc.
There are some good newer artists though. I like what you posted. Love the Band Perry.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

Te Band Perry is OK for what they do. It sounds like they learned folk music first and turned it into their own brand of country. I like most kinds of music but I'm picky about what I'll listen to ALL the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yea, me too. I never even listen to country unless I'm with my husband. I used to hate it, but then had to develop a tolerance to live with him, which eventually turned into me liking some of it. I'm personally a 90's grunge kinda girl.

new topics

top topics

join