It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatasicanholes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The Vatican has launched a crackdown on the umbrella group that represents most of America’s 55,000 Catholic nuns, saying that the group was not speaking out strongly enough against gay marriage, abortion and women’s ordination.

The directive, which follows a two-year investigation by Rome, also comes as the Vatican appeared ready to welcome a controversial right-wing splinter group of Catholic traditionalists back into the fold, possibly by giving the group a special status so that they can continue to espouse their old-line rites and beliefs.

Therefore, what is the issue… like, not fully understanding this...crackdown!

Gays have rights.

A Woman’s body is her God given right at birth.

FURTHER MORE, a Woman’s Ordinance…well…I have no freaking idea what that is, but it sounds like that is there rights to.

Why is this happening, what’s really going on, they are probably calling them back for other reasons, I think they know something is about to happen.

Rome also chided the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) for sponsoring conferences that featured “a prevalence of certain radical feminist themes incompatible with the Catholic faith.”

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 18-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Women's ordination: Women becoming 'ordained' ministers / preachers / etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I'm not sure I get your point here? If a person does not like the Catholic Church, they can simply quit. Are you opposed to religious freedom and freedom of speech and choice?

I'm not a Catholic and don't really care for that church, but I'm all for their right to exist and believe and say whatever they want. If they loose that right, everyone looses the right to their beliefs as well; even you. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah, none of those women are chained to their books and rosaries. All it takes is two word:

"I quit."

And they can walk right through those doors and have lustful relations with the first drunk they encounter. Not a single person is stopping them.

However, if they want to be part of these organizations, they need to follow the rules that outline the beliefs one must uphold to be a member. If an organization makes exceptions, they are no longer an upstanding organization, are they?

These women know what to do. If they choose the Church over their rights as human beings, that's their choice. Such is the price of faith and "salvation".

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"not speaking out strongly enough against gay marriage, abortion and women’s ordination. "

it is annoying when their beliefs and opinions effect laws.....

cant they keep their beliefs to themselves? why dont they speak out against pedophilia and corruption?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is just another case of the Primary Stooge at the top forcing its opinion on a number of subservient Stooges in lower positions of power who are trying to control other Stooges in even lower positions with the Primary Stooges opinion. I was under the impression that people had the freedom to chose and have their own opinions. I guess I was wrong, our opinions must be given to us by "reliable" Stooges in power and on the MSM. What was I thinking?

"not speaking out strongly enough against gay marriage, abortion and women’s ordination. "

cant they keep their beliefs to themselves? why dont they speak out against pedophilia and corruption?

Because down is up, white is black, good is bad and left is right.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/18.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have one thing to say about this thread:

We complain about religion being taught in schools, but now we're complaining about religion being taught inside its own church?

Pick your fights, people...pick them carefully.
edit on CWednesdaypm151534f34America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

I think that the Catholic Church is concerned that they are not speaking out about anything.

The Catholic Church wants them to make their moral choices known. It's part of the Church's message.

Another part of their message is that if you are feeling guilty, you can be absolved because God loves and cares for you.

They aren't hating on you.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm not sure I get your point here? If a person does not like the Catholic Church, they can simply quit. Are you opposed to religious freedom and freedom of speech and choice?

I'm not a Catholic and don't really care for that church, but I'm all for their right to exist and believe and say whatever they want. If they loose that right, everyone looses the right to their beliefs as well; even you. You can't have it both ways.

Are you opposed to religious freedom and freedom of speech and choice?

The only thing I oppose, is a little under a hundred people gathered around some stupid table thinking they have the right to control 4 billion some people, that’s what I oppose, a gay person has the right to be gay, and woman have the right to choose, period.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Like I said, if you take their Rights away, you take your own away. You simply cannot have it both ways. You silence them, your silenced also. You see that's how Rights work, everyone has them or nobody has them.

Censorship is one of the greatest threats to Freedom there is. If you wish to censor those you don't agree with, you cannot also claim to be for Freedom of Speech.

The Catholic Church should not be forced to be what you want them to be. That makes you a Dictator.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Like I said, if you take their Rights away, you take your own away. You simply cannot have it both ways. You silence them, your silenced also. You see that's how Rights work, everyone has them or nobody has them.

Censorship is one of the greatest threats to Freedom there is. If you wish to censor those you don't agree with, you cannot also claim to be for Freedom of Speech.

The Catholic Church should not be forced to be what you want them to be. That makes you a Dictator.

ok i see,,,, butttt,, their beliefs and speech sometimes have a way of effecting other peoples rights,,, is that true in any sense?

what im saying is why dont they just have their church and stay out of the matters of people who are not affiliated with the church?

can i be for freedom of speech most of the time?? should i be allowed to tell you i want to and am going to kill you? I also dont see any real need for the ku klux klan to exist?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Gays have those rights now, at least in the US. No Gay person is forced to be Catholic.

You are saying you want the government to take their Rights to believe as they wish away from them correct? But, you want those same Rights yourself, correct? You can't see the hypocrisy, let alone the dangers of religious censorship in that?

Rights either apply to everyone or nobody. That's just the way Freedom is. The alternative is to remove Freedom from the equation as countries like China has done. Imagine being Gay in Iran for instance under a Theocracy that gives no Rights to any non-Muslims and kills Gays for being Gay if they are found out.

Gays have it pretty good in the US now. There are plenty of churches available to Gays. The only reason to demand that the Catholic Church have their Rights taken away to their beliefs is vengeance and a desire to dictate to others what they should or should not believe.

It's always a slippery slope when one group addresses hate with hate against another group instead of simply accepting that each has the Right to believe as they wish.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

"You are saying you want the government to take their Rights to believe as they wish away from them correct? But, you want those same Rights yourself, correct? You can't see the hypocrisy, let alone the dangers of religious censorship in that? "

no i dont want the government to take their rights away... i dont want the church to be able to effect the government,, the neutral body of a nation which dictates and orders the rights and laws of the people.... separation of church and state,,,, i understand the slippery slope and fragility of rights and hate groups... I just want everyone to get along,,, i dont want others beliefs to infringe upon others lives,, freedom of speech is great but theres no reason to use that to insult other people or oppress them, everyone can have their church and go to it,, why do they need to advertise this to the world/ take it over?

"The Vatican has launched a crackdown on the umbrella group that represents most of America’s 55,000 Catholic nuns, saying that the group was not speaking out strongly enough against gay marriage, abortion and women’s ordination"

the reason they want them to be outspoken,,, is to effect peoples opinions on matters,, and then somehow,,, abortions are illegal and gay marriage is illegal,,,

also im not gay,, and i didnt think this topic had that much to do with the gay thing....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

what im saying is why dont they just have their church and stay out of the matters of people who are not affiliated with the church?

But yet you feel obliged to enter into their realm of the Church and tell them what to do? Kinda' a ironic don't you think?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"But yet you feel obliged to enter into their realm of the Church and tell them what to do? Kinda' a ironic don't you think?"

no not at all............. ajknfjksfnkjsdjkngfdjknsfkjns.......... They as the church,, have a story in the newspapers,, they have press ,, they try to convert people, their ideals and morals get caught up in public policy, the laws,....

how did i hear about this garbage? ive never been to their church, yet they have armies of nuns to speak out against things.... who are they speaking out against,, and too who? if what you say is true, they should only be speaking out against this garbage in their church,,,they can do whatever they want to do..... abortion is illegal because of religious overtones, gays cant marry because religious overtones,,, they view it as a game or a war,,, seperate church and state, they shouldnt be allowed to play that way.
edit on 19-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

"But yet you feel obliged to enter into their realm of the Church and tell them what to do? Kinda' a ironic don't you think?"

no not at all............. ajknfjksfnkjsdjkngfdjknsfkjns.......... They as the church,, have a story in the newspapers,, they have press ,, they try to convert people, their ideals and morals get caught up in public policy, the laws,....

how did i hear about this garbage? ive never been to their church, yet they have armies of nuns to speak out against things.... who are they speaking out against,, and too who? if what you say is true, they should only be speaking out against this garbage in their church,,,they can do whatever they want to do..... abortion is illegal because of religious overtones, gays cant marry because religious overtones,,, they view it as a game or a war,,, seperate church and state, they shouldnt be allowed to play that way.
edit on 19-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

They are allowed a voice, just as you are.

Your post is your opinion, their "armies of nuns" (what a bizarre concept) have their opinions.

If they can't speak their mind, then neither should you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In mho it is rather difficult to take anything Pope Benedict is saying from his papal throne named Lucifer's Throne. Besides that he was defenestrated (lost his papal cap by a strong wind) by an act of God.

Also, it is proficied that Benedict is the next to the last pope so he has to get his agenda published before his retirement or death - he is 89yo and won't last much longer.

new topics

top topics

join