It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythology & Legends: True or False?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hello to all ATS members. I wanted to post a thread on the credibility of the mythologies and legends. (Some more advanced details will be provided in a soon thread, in a couples of days).
A popular proverb in our family goes: "There is no smoke without fire."
From this proverb, I began to look at legends, mythologies, urban legends, and other descriptions of either events or people; there must have been a reason why they existed. Was it possible that certain legends or mythology actions were simpler explanation of true events or people? This is only hypothesis; I do not try to say that it should be the truth.

Let's take Greek mythology first.
First, there was Gaia, the first God ever; then she married her son Ouranos (Uranus in the Roman mythology) and they gave birth to the Titans and Cyclops. The son of Ouranos, Cronos (a Titan, and named Saturn in the Roman mythology), mutilated his father, and proclaimed himself God and master of everything. He had seven children, but he killed them all at the exception of Zeus (creator and protector of humanity, Jupiter in Roman), and the latter overthrown his father.
It is quite similar to the Draconnians and Vegan story of our existence: There is a Supreme God (Gaia) that created everything. The Dracconians (Cronos/Saturn) were giants (fitting the Titans) and after being banned from their universe (after having overthrown their creators? [Cronos mutilating his father Ouranos]), proclaimed themselves master of our universe. They had several creations (most of them failed, or enslaved) but one creation called the Vegan rebelled against their father, became as powerful as him, and became our creator and protector (Zeus?). Would it be then that Yahweh, Allah, God, are in fact Zeus/Vegan, and that Satan/Lucifer are Saturn/Titans/Draconnians?
Clue: the Christians take Sunday as their day off ("Day of the Sun"), while the Zionists, worshipper of Satan/Draconnians, take Saturday ("Day of Saturn") as their day off, and tries to make Saturn a star (Project Lucifer).
Now, these two stories are almost similar to the Scandinavian mythology: the Frost Giants (similar to the Titans) gave birth to Odin/Wotan (similar to Zeus), the creator and protector of humanity, and he rebelled against them and became "God".

Let’s look now at more minor characters of mythology and legends. (gr. m. = Greek mythology; sc. m. = Scandinavian mythology; gm. m. = German mythology).
In all the mythology and legends, the snake is representative of evil (and we have right now a group worshipping a snake/dragon, whose purpose is to take power over Earth [Zionists]);
- gr. m. The Hydra, a snake whose heads would always grow back when killed, was evil and killed (the Zionists take proud that they always survive and make another plan if they get discovered);
- gr. m. Medusa, a woman with snake-hairs, had a hypnotic and petrifying stare (the priest cast of the Draconnians were expert in hypnotic stares);
- sc. m. Jotunground, the snake born of Loki and a Frost Giant, circled the Earth (the Zionist metaphorical symbol of its purpose is a snake circled around the Earth);
- gm. m. A greedy man shape-shifting himself in a dragon, killed by Sigmund;
- St-Michel kills the evil dragon in Europe's legends.
- and no evil snake symbolism would be complete without Dracula (Son of Dragon); Dracula seems a perfect symbolic representation of a priest or soldier cast of the Draconnians: shape-shifter, drinks blood to stay alive (the Dracconians would need blood for the chemicals/hormones/adrenalines that the blood contains), takes the souls (another favorite activities of the Draconnians: it keeps the population obedient).
- And, of course, we also have to mention the famous snake of the Eden Garden, giver of knowledge, but take from humanity its immortality and divine qualities (look at the Zionists: gave us science, but took from us spirituality).

Let’s look now at other characters.
- sc. m. Loki: if we consider that mythological characters could have been aliens, or an ancient civilisation, Loki would have been a Sirien; it was said that Loki was almost the only magician in the Gods. The Siriens are the most advanced civilisation in our galaxy, and advanced technology could have been considered as magic. The other Sirien characteristic in Loki was his friendship to both the Frost Giants and the Gods. He would mischievously help both parties, in order to cause chaos to both parties; the Siriens would sell weapons to both the Vegan and Draco Empire, so that both parties could resist to each other.
- sc. m. Hela, the daughter of Loki and a Frost Giant, goddess of a underground Hell; it is said that after a great war, the Reptilians went underground, and lived there.
- The elves, or fairies: they are described as tall, slender, blond, almost immortal, and liking to stay hidden from us, but still willing and happy to help a person in need. They are most of the time joyful, and lover of nature.
This description would fit the ones used for certain species of Nordics aliens; they could have lived in recluses forests, hidden of us, but still kinds.
- Dwarves: I have thought that the dwarves would have been representation of small people, but it didn't explained why they were given crafting skills beyond ours in the mythology and legends. I am still confused about if the dwarves were more skillfully taught into crafting than taller people (for what reason?), or if the dwarves were another civilisation, where it was their average heights, and naturally skilled in crafting.

I wish now to look on a more dreaded story: the Apocalypse. I believe that 90% of what is described in the St-John Apocalypse already happened, almost one thousand years ago, when Genghis Khan was at 1/3 of controlling the entire Old World. Nostradamus said that Satan will come from Mongolia, and that afterwards, Satan will be bound for one thousand years before being released. What if the entire Rapture, the Seven Seals, everything (except when Satan is released after one thousand years and there will be one big war between God and Satan, and then peace), already happened, and that "Satan" was Genghis Khan (the Zionists, worshipper of Lucifer, are of Mongolian blood; they come from Khazaria, an country now located in Georgia. They then made as if they were Jew, so that they could take over Israel and control the world [the False Prophet])? After all, the Scandinavian myth of Ragnarok make it sound as if it already happened, and that our age is from when Odin and Thor's sons rebuild the world after the war. What if the supposed End of the World in 2012 will be faked in order to scare us and control us?
Food for thoughts.

I will upgrade the thread when more legends and mythology characters will come in my way.
Please, keep your comments civilized.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

just wanted to corect a few things with your greek mythology, there are a lot of variations of it but this is what i've found studing it.

First, there was Gaia, the first God ever

Gaia was a daughter of Eros god of love and procreation, commonly mis reprisented as Qupid/Amore. Eros was born in the creation of the universe and suposedly the first god, but Nyx the godess night, who was born from nothing/not of the universe, also claims to be the first god.

Chaos is also claimed to be the first god but Chaos is the universe, not a god.

and proclaimed himself God and master of everything

Kronos and Zeus were gods of the sky and rulers of the earth and all the gods and creatures that inhabited it, the primodial gods (Eros, Nyx and a few others) ruled the rest of the universe.

It is quite similar to the Draconnians and Vegan story of our existence

you are quite right there, but the draconians are decendants of Nyx and humans are the decenants of Eros

the Draconians in greek myth would be the Keris and the titans and olympians would the vegans, peladians etc, etc.

Would it be then that Yahweh, Allah, God, are in fact Zeus/Vegan

no, Zues was prophicised to be over thrown by a younger god, which it seems he was

and became our creator and protector

Zeus was cruel and arbitrary in dealing with humans, our creation was started by Kronos, continued by Zeus and finished by Prometheus. Zeus damanded that humans be subserviant to the gods and damanded tribute as payment for our lives. It was Prometheus that protected humanity against Zeus and his attempt to keep us as cavemen.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
An interesting take to say the least, i am interested to see what else you come up with i will keep my eye on this thread...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I would suggest The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth (www.amazon.com... )

It is exactly along the lines of what you are describing and includes examples of 'inspiration' in art and historical events.

Also supported by much more modern and popular literature such as Mothman Prophecies.

Your on in, keep going!

PS

The Constitutions of the Free-Masons (1734). An Online Electronic Edition.
digitalcommons.unl.edu...

James Anderson A.M., Right Worshipful Fraternity of Accepted Free-Masons
Benjamin Franklin, Grand Master of Masons of Pennsylvania
Paul Royster (editor & depositor), University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Paz
edit on 18-4-2012 by MasterGemini because: 101

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah...this is a little farfetched, even for my taste.

I do appreciate the amount of effort you put into compiling that list and making all of those connections, though.

Thinking outside the box is good for chattel-in-training...or even old chattel.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You might add mermaids and sirens to your list after watching this - www.youtube.com...
edit on 18/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Hello and welcome to ATS

To answer your title first i would like to say that the mythology/legends contain little bit of both,meaning they are based on real events that were enriched with creative imagination and been altered through the centuries.

Since you like mythology you must have noticed that mythologies around the world are similar and sometimes the only difference is the names.Although if you search the etymology of the names or the power/rank of the gods you will find that they are the same characters.

This only should tell us that some events happened globally,there is no other explanation for civilazations that supposedly had no contact,but they share same stories about their gods or events.

In all the mythology and legends, the snake is representative of evil

In Greek mythology Apollo killed the python/snake that terrorised the Delphi area.Also the orthodox christian legends has it that saint George was the one that killed a dragon.

Although the serpent represents evil there are many worshippers,long before the zionists exited.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.lifeinthefastlane.ca...

Even today in some regions of Greece,while they don't worship the serpent,snakes are considered to bring good luck and when they find them in a house they never kill them.

the Apocalypse

One thing that all the "end of the world" mythologies,including the Apocalypse ,have one thing in common:The sun goes dark/eaten/disappear from the sky.The ancients having the knowledge that without the sun every life on earth will eventually die,knew that the end will come when the sun disappear.

I don't know if they had the knowledge we have today that eventually our sun,like every star,will go supernova and destroy the earth(aka in a few billion years).If we accept the ancient alien theory(i do) maybe advanced aliens told them that one day the sun will explode and destroy everything.Maybe they gave each civilazation a "picture"they could understand or those who recreated the story of a dying sun,made up some details according to the beliefs of the people.

What if the supposed End of the World in 2012 will be faked in order to scare us and control us?

I don't believe that the world will end this year.I like to read about it,even make fun comments about it,but if we take literally the end of the world mythologies we have to wait for about 5 billion years until the sun disappear from the sky.Of course i agree with you that with all the fuzz about 2012,some groups can take advantage of it and create an "end of the world" in demand event for control and all the other conspiracy theories about the NWO.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wow, this is way too complicated. Catholicism is much less complicated. Three Gods in one, done!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RokNinja

just wanted to corect a few things with your greek mythology, there are a lot of variations of it but this is what i've found studing it.

First, there was Gaia, the first God ever

Gaia was a daughter of Eros god of love and procreation, commonly mis reprisented as Qupid/Amore. Eros was born in the creation of the universe and suposedly the first god, but Nyx the godess night, who was born from nothing/not of the universe, also claims to be the first god.

Chaos is also claimed to be the first god but Chaos is the universe, not a god.

and proclaimed himself God and master of everything

Kronos and Zeus were gods of the sky and rulers of the earth and all the gods and creatures that inhabited it, the primodial gods (Eros, Nyx and a few others) ruled the rest of the universe.

It is quite similar to the Draconnians and Vegan story of our existence

you are quite right there, but the draconians are decendants of Nyx and humans are the decenants of Eros

the Draconians in greek myth would be the Keris and the titans and olympians would the vegans, peladians etc, etc.

Would it be then that Yahweh, Allah, God, are in fact Zeus/Vegan

no, Zues was prophicised to be over thrown by a younger god, which it seems he was

and became our creator and protector

Zeus was cruel and arbitrary in dealing with humans, our creation was started by Kronos, continued by Zeus and finished by Prometheus. Zeus damanded that humans be subserviant to the gods and damanded tribute as payment for our lives. It was Prometheus that protected humanity against Zeus and his attempt to keep us as cavemen.

Thank you for that!

I am happy to see that you were familiar with the Draco/Vegan history

Although that i sould debate that Prometheus was kind of worshipped by the Zionists (worshipper of Draco/Satan) and the Zionists tries to make us believe that God/Zeus was unkind.
But i admit that there might be the possibilities that you are right, for there is much unknown about the Zionists and their goals.
Thank you for the civilized and polite comments
; it is much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
An interesting take to say the least, i am interested to see what else you come up with i will keep my eye on this thread...

Thank you, crimsongod21!

Hope i'll find more and update the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I would suggest The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth (www.amazon.com... )

It is exactly along the lines of what you are describing and includes examples of 'inspiration' in art and historical events.

Also supported by much more modern and popular literature such as Mothman Prophecies.

Your on in, keep going!

PS

The Constitutions of the Free-Masons (1734). An Online Electronic Edition.
digitalcommons.unl.edu...

James Anderson A.M., Right Worshipful Fraternity of Accepted Free-Masons
Benjamin Franklin, Grand Master of Masons of Pennsylvania
Paul Royster (editor & depositor), University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Paz
edit on 18-4-2012 by MasterGemini because: 101

Thank you for your informations and support.
I am glad to see that the book in Amazon was almost following my line of thought; i was wondering if my thread was a little up there.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Yeah...this is a little farfetched, even for my taste.

I do appreciate the amount of effort you put into compiling that list and making all of those connections, though.

Thinking outside the box is good for chattel-in-training...or even old chattel.

I will take it as a compliment

I admit that it is a little unbelievable, but i couldn't help noticing the ressemblances.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Hello and welcome to ATS

To answer your title first i would like to say that the mythology/legends contain little bit of both,meaning they are based on real events that were enriched with creative imagination and been altered through the centuries.

Since you like mythology you must have noticed that mythologies around the world are similar and sometimes the only difference is the names.Although if you search the etymology of the names or the power/rank of the gods you will find that they are the same characters.

This only should tell us that some events happened globally,there is no other explanation for civilazations that supposedly had no contact,but they share same stories about their gods or events.

In all the mythology and legends, the snake is representative of evil

In Greek mythology Apollo killed the python/snake that terrorised the Delphi area.Also the orthodox christian legends has it that saint George was the one that killed a dragon.

Although the serpent represents evil there are many worshippers,long before the zionists exited.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.lifeinthefastlane.ca...

Even today in some regions of Greece,while they don't worship the serpent,snakes are considered to bring good luck and when they find them in a house they never kill them.

the Apocalypse

One thing that all the "end of the world" mythologies,including the Apocalypse ,have one thing in common:The sun goes dark/eaten/disappear from the sky.The ancients having the knowledge that without the sun every life on earth will eventually die,knew that the end will come when the sun disappear.

I don't know if they had the knowledge we have today that eventually our sun,like every star,will go supernova and destroy the earth(aka in a few billion years).If we accept the ancient alien theory(i do) maybe advanced aliens told them that one day the sun will explode and destroy everything.Maybe they gave each civilazation a "picture"they could understand or those who recreated the story of a dying sun,made up some details according to the beliefs of the people.

What if the supposed End of the World in 2012 will be faked in order to scare us and control us?

I don't believe that the world will end this year.I like to read about it,even make fun comments about it,but if we take literally the end of the world mythologies we have to wait for about 5 billion years until the sun disappear from the sky.Of course i agree with you that with all the fuzz about 2012,some groups can take advantage of it and create an "end of the world" in demand event for control and all the other conspiracy theories about the NWO.

Thank you for the informations. I'll looked them up, and update if necessary the thread, when i'll find other legends.
Indeed, i've noticed how the mythologies are almost the same everywhere. That is what gave me the idea that they might have a little bit of credibility.

edit on 19-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Wow, this is way too complicated. Catholicism is much less complicated. Three Gods in one, done!

Yep, that is why i also believe that Catholicism and religions might have been the next step (and less complicated) to explain our history.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

You might add mermaids and sirens to your list after watching this - www.youtube.com...
edit on 18/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

Very interesting

I will make more researches on that subjects, and see if i can add it to the list.
Thank you very much!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All the mystery religions are based on DIRECT contact with the spirit world.

Currently their (spirit) influence is severely weakened and they are mostly limited to space for direct contact like they used to possess. (Freemasonic ritual on the moon anyone? Life found on mars anyone?)

Jesus was born after a very unique (one time only) alignment of jupiter, saturn, venus, some moons, in Aries around 6-4 BC. He was the Sun god returning to spiritualize the world that Materialism (Saturn) was seeking entirely for itself. Jesus was essentially opening up the internal world for all mankind instead of the Djed or the Pharisees holding it for themselves alone.

Saturn separates the individual from the whole and gives humanity the potential for a sense of self and thus free will.

Venus is more closely associated with giving humanity the ability to want/desire. (Saturn also acts as Kronos, or the Lord of the Rings, Ahriman, etc . . .

All the planets let off certain frequencies (on a solar/cosmic scale) and they are believed to have material and spiritual impacts on humans.

History is all about the expanding consciousness of humanity and the 'spirits' help us in that.

It is largely based on the idea of planetary intelligences and spirits and as you go deeper it moves on to galatic, etc . . .

I also suggest reading Abramelin and the Keys of Solomon.

I don't want to go too far into this, you are really supposed to put most of this together yourself, but you are clearly way ahead of the pack amigo!

Ah really excited for you! Don't be afraid to go Skydiving
!

PS

www.esotericastrologer.org...

Forum for Esoteric Astrology

Through articles and essays which explore the many hints given on the subject, this rich resource is continually building as a ready reference for all students.There are many sides to this multi-faceted jewel, also called the "Science of all sciences".

Various astrologers have been drawn to concentrate in one particular area as the subject is so vast, hence the only way to really precipitate the inherent wisdom is on a global scale - with many individuals contributing to the greater whole of understanding.

To this end the World Wide Web is a revolutionary tool, and was probably hinted at by the Master D.K. when he stated the types of teaching to emerge that would precede the Aquarian Age: "Revelatory, emerging after 1975...to be given on a worldwide scale via the radio." (Rays & Initiations p.275) As the term 'internet' was not in use over 60 years ago, this prediction about 'radio' can be read as 'internet'.

What is esoteric for some can be quite mundane for others, therefore it can be stated here that the specific "Esoteric Astrology" referred to is that which is based upon the writings of the Master Djwhal Khul, or "The Tibetan", who wrote a number of books with Alice A. Bailey in the first half of the twentieth century. Augmenting these teachings, and somewhat more foundational are the writings of H.P. Blavatsky via "The Secret Doctrine". However the writings of Master D.K. through Alice Bailey in “Esoteric Astrology” hold the major keys for discussion in this forum. The subjects are numerous:

edit on 19-4-2012 by MasterGemini because: Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Listen, if you can't get the video ... the most significant part in it was old cave paintings that illustrated humans shooting bows and arrows at mer-people. It was an Animal Planet video so maybe that will help. Or, just search for cave paintings and mer-people or mermen or mermaids.

The video also had a part (audio) that connected the Greek mythology sirens ... basically mer-people with some rather unique abilities.

I do hope you get to see the whole video though.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Thank you very much, i appreciate your informations; you gave me sources that i didn't saw before.
I wish to know your thoughts about the link between Kronos/Saturn and the Lord of the Rings.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks. I'll look up these cave paintings and try to look at the video in whole.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart
reply to post by MasterGemini

Thank you very much, i appreciate your informations; you gave me sources that i didn't saw before.
I wish to know your thoughts about the link between Kronos/Saturn and the Lord of the Rings.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the most classic and well known version of Greek mythology, Cronus or Kronos[1] (Ancient Greek: Κρόνος, Krónos) was the leader and the youngest of the first generation of Titans, divine descendants of Gaia, the earth, and Uranus, the sky. He overthrew his father and ruled during the mythological Golden Age, until he was overthrown by his own son, Zeus and imprisoned in Tartarus.

Cronus was usually depicted with a sickle or scythe, which was also the instrument he used to castrate and depose Uranus, his father. In Athens, on the twelfth day of the Attic month of Hekatombaion, a festival called Kronia was held in honour of Cronus to celebrate the harvest, suggesting that, as a result of his association with the virtuous Golden Age, Cronus continued to preside as a patron of harvest. Cronus was also identified in classical antiquity with the Roman deity Saturn.

Plenty of connections like in relation to those above can be made by investigating from a point of view like this:
www.inplainsite.org...

www.hollywoodinsiders.net... (see below)

vigilantcitizen.com... (see below)

PS
Always ask ,"WHO IS THIS GUY AND WHAT ARE HIS MOTIVES"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join