Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Fark Fans.. Check This Out --->Drew Curtis: How I Beat a Patent Troll

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
First off, I used the search function and didn't see this anywhere and mods if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it to the appropriate one.

This video made me cheer for Drew and give myself a *face to palm* towards the legal system all at the same time!

Drew Curtis, the founder of Fark.com, tells the story of how he fought a lawsuit from a company that had a patent, "...for the creation and distribution of news releases via email." Along the way he shares some nutty statistics about the growing legal problem of frivolous patents.

Key Quote from Drew;

“Don't negotiate with terrorists; patent trolls have done more damage to the United States economy than any domestic or foreign terrorist organization in history, every year.”

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think I found a new way to make money

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

If you did decide to make money this way...I hope you can live with the guilt of theft...and before you say all that money would make it easy to live with...think of the people who put the work in to develop their ideas and the food you would be taking from their children's mouths! Sad state of humanity if you were in fact sincere in your comment.

new topics

join