It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do IF Bush turns out a dictator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I need to ask "What would you do if Bush turns out to be a dictator"?

What would you do?

Would you leave the country?

Would you support him?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm a republican and i think GW is a great PRESIDENT. But there's no such thing as a great DICTATOR. I'd join my fellow americans and rise up against him. This is the USA. There are no dictators, the people hold the power. I don't care if God was the dictator, he'd still be a dictator and i don't want someone ruling my country with an iron fist.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
yeah i agree with Kwintz on that point I would feel it our american duty topple a dictator in or if that that matter ever occured

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I need to ask "What would you do if Bush turns out to be a dictator"?

go on living just the way i am cause i already know he is

[edit on 26-9-2004 by unhingedmullet]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
I'm a republican and i think GW is a great PRESIDENT. But there's no such thing as a great DICTATOR. I'd join my fellow americans and rise up against him. This is the USA. There are no dictators, the people hold the power. I don't care if God was the dictator, he'd still be a dictator and i don't want someone ruling my country with an iron fist.

"God" is a dictator, he does rule with an iron fist. You can't democratically elect your God, you know.

Anyways, if a dictator arose in the US the general public wouldn't be aware of this until absolute control is achieved, I am sure, otherwise the president to dictator transition would be unsuccessful. Simple impeahcment would end his/her reign. But once absolute control is aquired, there would be little that could be done to stop our new leader. He/she would control the military, economy and every aspect of each of our lives if wished by the dictator. It would be terribly difficult if at all possible to end that administration.

The best way to keep America a "Republic in the spirit of Democracy" would be to keep the Presidency held by someone trust worthy..which nearly rules out every politician. Everyone has to place an informed vote to avert such a disaster, there would be no revolution if a (intelligent) dictator arose, I believe. We would fall with little or no fight..so be careful who you vote for, all!

[edit on 9/26/2004 by SkyFox2]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
there would be no revolution if a (intelligent) dictator arose, I believe. We would fall with little or no fight..so be careful who you vote for, all!

[edit on 9/26/2004 by SkyFox2]

Haha well then i guess we don't have to worry about GW becoming a dictator then. He lacks the intelligence.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
but at least you get the chance to vote him out and give the next dictator 4 years.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's not going to happen, but if he did become a dictator all I can say is that the 2nd amendment is in the constitution for a reason, and it aint so people can hunt.

I believe that there would be a few hundred million armed citizens that would be very pissed off.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I apoligize to the reasonbable people who posted here, my post might be considered condesending, but some people obviusly need me to speak in simple terms.

we live in a terror balans without a counterweight, today the USA is the undispuded ruler of the world, no power can match up to your military might.
this effectivly makes the United states the sole dictator of the world, and you sure have acted as one, and your leader is this dictators avatar.
in short, bush is currently the dictator of the world, and the majority of the people effected by the administration of the states, live outside the states and dont even have you pitty symbolical chance to influence who sits in that throne.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You guys probably forgot. Clinton tried to become dictator during the 2000 election problems but abdicated quickly due to congressional, military, and massive civilian diapproval. Bush will probably remember that it didn't work for Clinton, so it won't work for him:

WASHINGTON (AP)

Following the recent election fiasco, President Bill Clinton declares himself "Presidente for life."

Calling democracy 'immoral and outdated,' the eight-year democractic US president has changed his title to 'US Presidente, Supreme Commander of Military Forces.'

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
An american dicatatorship would evolve from behind the scenes, coporate consolidation then control of the media, control of the legislative branch through clandestine 'contributions' to their campaigns, teaching strich pro-american doctrines in public schools... oh wait, it's already happening. Most dictators are figure heads, they are guven every appearance of being the ruling body when in fact one has to simply follow the money to see where the power is mandadted from. No one man can rise up and seize power from any nation, it takes a conspiracy (gasp), other people involved. Bush is not a dictator, he's an idiot who is a figure head for the american capitalists.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What kind of dictator?

Does he make us Eat our Broccoli?

Does he make Al Gore sell shoes?

Mass murderer? Ethnic cleanser?

Or just maybe someone who makes us give half our money to the govt,
for Federal Programs that create social slaves, out of the rest of the population? ( that sounds kinda familiar)

Define please?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I would most likely be laughing my butt off telling my friends "I Told You So!" all the way to the nearest exit to Canada. No way I'm going to stick around if that kind of crap does finally emerge. As for some kind of revolution, Ill let everyone else keep that pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Cheney would be the Dictator..... Bush his figurehead.

Please don't kill Bush, Cheney would then have a field day with us!!!!

We would be the United States of Haliburton!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If I woke up to find that George Bush were dictator of America,
I'd immediately look for the worm hole that I fell through because
obviously I would be in a different universe. George Bush is not
a dictator and he won't become one in the future.

However, dictator Hillary IS possible. She is smart, cunning, and
cold. She wants it and she has the ability to do it.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think we need some more photo ops to groom the cult of personality. That was my suggestion to Rove, anyway.

Now that is a PRESIDENTE!

Follow meeee!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
In my view we the people of this country should be aware of how dictators come to power, they either do it by forceful means or they buy with the help of others their way to power and once in there they hold it surrounding themselves with the faithful to their visions of power and then they slowly start taking over other branches of their government with promises of individual power to the opposition that wants to join.

If the dictator to be is good enough people will not know what it hit them until to late because they think it has being done in their best interest and that of the nation.

Does that sound like bush administration?

[edit on 27-9-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hrm.... What would I do?

*clears throat*

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't know.....but I'd probably be laughing my tail off if they assigned a few guard units to hunt down the 45 year old unarmed lady living in the national forest........somewhere. I'd run, but not that far. There's too much public land.....our land.....sitting unused. and one person hunting, fishing, and living somewhere in it ain't gonna hurt anything. And, well, if there was a dictator in power in the U.S. it would mean that my representatives had failed in their duties horribly. If you ask yourself why you obey the laws in a society and those appointed to enforce them....well, the answer most would come up with is that you are depending on them to protect you. Well, our rights are being trampled on by those that we have been entrusting to protect them.......so why obey their stupid laws anymore? At least that is my logic. If it got to the point where they had gone that far, I would feel that it is time to leave the society, since I would feel very little oblligation to listen to those in power. And, well, the sane laws wouldn't be a problem for me, but those stupid laws....free speech zones, smoking bans, and such....well, I'd be getting into alot of trouble with them..
I'd probably be organizing smokers, going into the state and federal capital buildings and smoking up a storm with signs that say.........."You ignore the laws.....Why can't we?"

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This administration is no more a dictatorship than any other.

If any political leader began trying to take over and the systems in place to prevent that happening all were to fail, I'd grab my guns and hook up with others of a like mind and try to stop it. I wouldn't run at the first sign of trouble and let it all go to hell. I'd become a resistance fighter and do anything I could to stop it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join