It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McAdam, New Brunswick hit by rare ‘earthquake swarm’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The first quake, measured at magnitude 2.4, woke people up at 1:40 a.m., on March 10. A 1.4-magnitude aftershock hit three minutes later.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

"What we've found is the swarm appears to be concentrated directly under the village here, particularly under the north end of the village," Burke said.

Uh oh there goes the neighborhood!!!

Residents describe the noise the quakes make as a loud bang or thud, like someone falling out of bed.

Okay guys why are we getting so many of these 'swarms' lately? That's what they claim is going on in Clintonville, WI.

I think there is something they aren't telling us.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Stock up on bottled water, canned/dried goods and have a way to make fire!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow, I live in NB, and haven't heard a thing about it....
Didn't feel a thing here either. I will be keeping my eyes opened....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Ever since they began fracking, I've been on the lookout for EQ swarms in NB. I can see you are concerned, but if it's any consolation, get a load of the amount of swarms on Vancouver Island that have been going on for a while, yet they are still there. So here's hoping they remain tiny ones. I moved from a seizmic zone ten years ago and I could not only feel the small ones, but I could also hear a sound that was like a truck with a loud motor going by. So hang in there. Do keep us informed though please. see tremor plotting here
edit on 18-4-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
interesting.. first in new brunswick then clintonville wi. then another part of wiisconsin.
I see a pattern evolving

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
interesting.. first in new brunswick then clintonville wi. then another part of wiisconsin.
I see a pattern evolving

Me too or at least an increase in activity.

I don't know if it's natural or caused by man but it seems unusual to me at least.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

There was also a relatively rare 4.0 just off the south-east coast of Nova Scotia a week or two ago.
They seem to have me surrounded.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is the first I have heard of this ..I am in Fredericton and didn't notice a thing ..It could very well be the Fracking going on in the Province ..I think I read something the other day about it ...Time will tell ,we may have had lots of little guys in the past but with the net and people watching closley it could be we are the small msm to get the word out ...peace

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello to the fellow maritimers

Nothing in the local papers about the earthquakes, strange, you would think it would be like front page news. Nothing ever happens around here

The stupid royals were on the front page for like a week on their visit to the area :/

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have said for some time now we are so luckey to live in one of the most insignifant places on the earth ..Its beautiful ,slow ,nobody going to go to war over it ..earthquakes are small vibrations that have less impact on our sleep than the Cabe Breton family living up the road ..Our News sources are the blougs and the Irvings own the propaganda outlets ...its great A .....peace

top topics

join