It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise in Americans Renouncing Citizenship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Just a point I've often wondered about: If every Jew - elderly, infirm, or otherwise - had met the SS at their door with a weapon in hand and blown away the first jackboot that crossed the threshold, and the bastard behind him (of course the Jews in the house would have been killed afterwards) would there have been a Holocaust where 6 million of them died? I think not.

Ah yes, its always so easy when you have all the answers right mr. tough guy? Nevermind that the germans were not allowed firearms. I wonder just how you would fare when in that situation where you and your family can get killed over something as silly as pride. You can have this country pal, people like you deserve it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's interesting.

I find myself between my conservative friends who disagree with the concept of renouncing citizenship and my more liberal collegues who either don't see a problem with it, or are categorizing it as the :"rich" leaving.

Hmmm.

In another thread, I looked at "patriotism". Wrote something on it even.

What I think of is this. There is loyalty. And there is patriotism. I can still be a patriot yet not be loyal to any regime that inhabits the White House.

Yet where to go?

For tax reasons, there are many places.
For family security reasons, there are other places.

I personally have looked at different places. Back to Britain, obviously. But for a variety of reasons, not so high on the list.
As stated previously, I've also looked into Australia and New Zealand.
Yet the oppourtunities there are few, and I want a secure future.

So I'm left with the States.

Sometimes, I feel like a husband who comes back to a wife after a row.

Patriotism will always be there.

But loyalty has to be earned to be maintained.

Don't make me wait too long.

beez

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Just a point I've often wondered about: If every Jew - elderly, infirm, or otherwise - had met the SS at their door with a weapon in hand and blown away the first jackboot that crossed the threshold, and the bastard behind him (of course the Jews in the house would have been killed afterwards) would there have been a Holocaust where 6 million of them died? I think not.

Ah yes, its always so easy when you have all the answers right mr. tough guy?

Yes, it is; although I admit I don't have all the answers, I'd say most of the time my opinion is valid. Apparently, so do many others.

Nevermind that the germans were not allowed firearms. I wonder just how you would fare when in that situation where you and your family can get killed over something as silly as pride. You can have this country pal, people like you deserve it.

Pride has nothing to do with it. I simply will not be a slave, nor will I allow my family to be carted off to some FEMA camp. And it doesn't matter what I have, or don't have, to fight with. If all I had left were my teeth, I'd bite someones ankles until they bled to death.

I WILL keep this country, thank you for your permission. You have my permission to GTFO and go somewhere more suited to your character. France comes to mind. They're real good at giving up.

edit on 4/20/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I personally have looked at different places. Back to Britain, obviously. But for a variety of reasons, not so high on the list.
As stated previously, I've also looked into Australia and New Zealand.
Yet the oppourtunities there are few, and I want a secure future.

You cant immigrate to NZ unless you have a good job lined up or family to sponsor you.

Are you a former Brit? Because you cant just move to any country and claim citizenship. You need to have a reason to be there.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Well if that's the case, the IRS can blow me. They are welcome to try and come and get me if they want

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Well if that's the case, the IRS can blow me. They are welcome to try and come and get me if they want

They likely wont 'come and get you', but they can refuse you entry into the US.

You cant fight the IRS. Don't even try. If you dont earn more than 100k a year, all you have to do is declare your earnings.You dont owe any taxes. But not doing so could end up with serious consequences if you ever want to enter the US again. Better to just take the 2 hours to do it right and be done with it.

U.S. citizens, regardless of where they live and work, are required by the IRS to file annual tax returns. When the U.S. moved to expose citizens hiding assets in offshore tax havens, it caused a wave of panic among Americans living in foreign countries, as they feared they would be hit by punishing penalties for failing to file tax returns.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So many of you are so far off focus since it would appear by the posting that none of you understand the law, why are you talking about leaving the UNION/America when you can lawful expatriate to your rightful Country ie one of the 50 states and get out from under their madness altogether. Learn the truth not the hype:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Pride has nothing to do with it. I simply will not be a slave, nor will I allow my family to be carted off to some FEMA camp. And it doesn't matter what I have, or don't have, to fight with. If all I had left were my teeth, I'd bite someones ankles until they bled to death.

I WILL keep this country, thank you for your permission. You have my permission to GTFO and go somewhere more suited to your character. France comes to mind. They're real good at giving up.

And I'm sure the nazis would have just lowered their weapons and left you and your family totally alone had you been in that situation and started biting their ankles. I've been around the world pal, I've seen quite a bit. Most folks like you that talk tough are simply that. Talk. Where have you been? Probably you live in Texas or something and have never even left that state to have an objective view of the rest of the world. Does'nt matter though. I find it funny that as soon as people like you have a disagreement with a fellow American its always "This is the greatest country on earth and you can LEAVE it if ya don't like it. Never once does anyone say "This is the greatest country on Earth and you should CHANGE it if ya don't like it. Oh, and btw, your precious country America here would not exist without the French. Chew on that while you're strokin it to the American flag.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

And I'm sure the nazis would have just lowered their weapons and left you and your family totally alone had you been in that situation and started biting their ankles. I've been around the world pal, I've seen quite a bit. Most folks like you that talk tough are simply that. Talk. Where have you been? Probably you live in Texas or something and have never even left that state to have an objective view of the rest of the world. Does'nt matter though. I find it funny that as soon as people like you have a disagreement with a fellow American its always "This is the greatest country on earth and you can LEAVE it if ya don't like it. Never once does anyone say "This is the greatest country on Earth and you should CHANGE it if ya don't like it. Oh, and btw, your precious country America here would not exist without the French. Chew on that while you're strokin it to the American flag.

I was going to respond to this, and take you apart, piece by piece; but you aren't worth another second of my time. CYA Mr. Trollo

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Because if he asks I'll cover his a## and I am quite real.I want a fight I have years of BS to vent on these pukes.
Just feed me and give me bullets.
I am legion.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There are worst places in the World,to be a citizens of.

not really gonna sell a lot of soap with that Sonny :-)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I get the basic gist of this thread - I could smell the testosterone from all the way over in the UFO forum...

You're either with us - or against us, nationalists unite, no problem so big I can't fix it with a bullet...and anyone who sees things differently is a coward

Why, maybe the Jews wouldn't have been killed if they were also killers. How dumb was that anyhow? How dumb were they? Pretty dumb I guess...

Not everyone sees the problems or solutions the same way. Love for your country...

Not every family is a happy family - maybe nationalism is exactly what's scaring the bejeesus out of so many

We've seen what follows far too often on this planet - and calling people cowards is just icing on that loyalist cake

Patriotism...does it really translate into love for your country - or is it about something else?

Do you patriots love your country more than you love it's people?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'd go only if there was work/sponsorship.

Lots of oppourtunities though.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well said.

Real tough guys dont brag about how tough they are on the internet.

It's all childish bravado and posturing

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well said.

Real tough guys dont brag about how tough they are on the internet.

It's all childish bravado and posturing

You have to wonder sometimes (at least, I do) what the real motivation is behind accusing others of being disloyal. When we tell people they're not patriots, or that they don't love their country - when we accuse them of cowardice...what does that sound like to you? :-)

I know what it sounds like to me

We're not at that place yet - but sometimes there comes a time when what you once loved is no longer. You can work for change without fighting for change - and that is every bit as patriotic as drawing blood

Might doesn't make right - and it doesn't prove love. We live in a country that has taken up the sword...

Live by the sword - die by the sword

I think this OP is an extremely interesting OP - and very timely. Leaving the country you love is no small thing

When you call someone a coward - you've put them in the position of feeling they have to prove something - and many times you can get them to behave exactly the way you'd like them to behave. Loyalty will bind people together like nothing else - and they will do unspeakable things rather than be seen as disloyal

How brave is it to say no? How much braver is it to walk away?

How brave is it to leave?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by sonnny1

There are worst places in the World,to be a citizens of.

not really gonna sell a lot of soap with that Sonny :-)

Come now,Ive heard complete horror story's.............

Not to say,its not bad here,but Im a firm believer in the "grass is always greener" Proverb........

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join