It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you accept £1000 from a stranger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well today a millionaire in central London has been approaching people and trying to give £1000 away he's had a few takers and some knock backs one being a nurse who he walked up to and asked Are you feeling lucky she refused the money
His criteria for you to accept the money is for you to spend it on something good
A few quotes

Last year I suddenly came into some money. Lots of money. More money than I'll ever need. Logically, I decided to spend a hefty chunk on space travel and I booked a place on the Virgin Galactic space flight.

When I told my friends, they agreed that a trip into space would be cool but not something they'd really consider if the cash was theirs to spend. They all said they were excited for me but when the conversation turned to what they'd spend the money on - as it inevitably did - their own ideas were more creative, generous and responsible than mine. I became increasing embarrassed as I realised I was blowing a life-changing amount of money on what was essentially a selfish and pointless whim. A few days later I cancelled the flight.

That was how Wearelucky came about. I decided to pass on my good luck to others by giving away £1,000 every day

www.we-are-lucky.com...
Twitter feed shows what he did today

My question is this would you accept or keep walking thinking that maybe he is some sort of nutter
Me i would have snatched his hand off agree to do good with the money
And spent it on myself & family

Cran
edit on 18-4-2012 by cranspace because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Amazing! i wish i was there... I'd spend it on debt! :S get the noose around my neck off...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That's a very interesting poser. I have often thought about that very same scenario whenever i am on the way to the bank in the streets of london with takings from my business. Not sure i would give away a grand though ...
GNeeds

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would take it from a stranger, a friend, an enemy, a child...Hell I'd take it off a corpse if the opportunity presented itself...

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Of course I think most of us would take the money.

Only stipulation was to "Spend it on something good"?

"good" is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'd take the cash and donate some of it to a good cause and spend the rest on a day bed for my wife as they cost at least £700 and we just can't afford one on our income.

Hats off to the bloke. The world needs more people like him.

Rev

edit on 18/4/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
pffft...this is a no brainer for me..if it wasn't got through illegal means.. I'd happily accept the terms of the gift and take it

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Does he want names and addresses to where he can
send the money to people willing to take it??

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I would take it from a stranger, a friend, an enemy, a child...Hell I'd take it off a corpse if the opportunity presented itself...

So would i but a lot of people are very sceptical when it comes to things like this
But i am very optomistic i always feel disappointed when i check my lotto numbers and find i have not struck gold

Cran

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

I doubt it
But you could always ask through his f/book-twitter pages

Cran

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I'd take the cash and donate some of it to a good cause and spend the rest on a day bed for my wife

The world does need more people like him
And a bed and a donation is a very good cause

Cran

XL5

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would and I would buy my mom a nice memory foam matress (they cost way too much) or fuel a trip to another part of the world for her as she has never been "away".

Its really odd people were not lined up with outstretched hands, I bet he could have had to cure for cancer and people would refuse it!
edit on 19-4-2012 by XL5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What kind of thread is this...are you crazy....?

Of course not....

edit on 19/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

damn right i'd take it..

Only way i wouldn't and i'd ask
explicitly to make sure *no favors*
would have to be given out, cuzz they
changed their tune after given me the grand
or a lil over in brit pounds, there not getting it back
and i aint bending over for them... true stuff

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Sure, if it was in all in small unmarked and circulated bills... with no blood on it. Well.. maybe a little blood wouldnt be that big of a deal...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by rangersdad

I doubt it
But you could always ask through his f/book-twitter pages

Cran

Never had twitter,
got rid of facebook a few years ago.....oh well.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

maybe a little blood wouldnt be that big of a deal...

Well if it was offered to me it may well still have a hand hanging off it because i'd have grabbed that quick
Seems like he managed to give away £12000 yesterday to twelve lucky people

Cran

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
its most likely counterfeit

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Since I'm homeless, jobless, and need money, I'd take the money. But it wouldn't mean I'd waste it on stupid things. I'd waste it on my education and finish it.

top topics

join