It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daytime Fireball Seen Over Florida - 17 april 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Hey Alien, I would like to share this video as well. This has sparked my attention for some time. Im not falling for planes or "fireball season" Its long so skip around if you like. at 12:20 its very strange.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
Incidentally, I also like to photograph planes and this is what contrails look like at altitude. Nothing like those videos, really.

Well unlike the OP video this is a hi-res close up so NO it does not look the same also this is NOT at sunset and pretty poor evidence to argue that its NOT a plane.

Take a far away photo of one catching the setting rays and post it I would love to see it for comparison sake. That would be better evidence then something that could not possibly resemble the same conditions as the OP.

That is a really cool picture though.

Now OP that video a few post above that is NOT a plane but it does not look like your OP video either.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Snakedoctorjw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
I think it's a plane as well. Why? Because every time I see a video like this it is accompanied by a setting sun which gives the contrail an orange/red tint resembling a trail of fire.

Agreed. It's always a contrail. Go outside tonight around sundown and look for yourself. Bring your video camera and you too will be able to post something similar.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins
reply to post by rigel4

Hey Alien, I would like to share this video as well. This has sparked my attention for some time. Im not falling for planes or "fireball season" Its long so skip around if you like. at 12:20 its very strange.

A low orbit satellite..................
nothing more

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I have actually seen something like that in the middle of the night while fishing on the gulf of mexico . At first I thought it was an emergency flair, but I couldn't see anyone around that may have fired it. Also it appeared to high to be a flair as well, but I went with the more likely scenario that it was a flair.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They are not all planes in the sunset. Yes, a contrail and plane can turn the color of fire in the sunset, but it is still pretty easily identified as a plane. If you watch all those eyewitness videos, you can clearly see that those are not planes. They exhibit all the characteristics of comets, except in frequency of observation.
edit on 18-4-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

How is this:

flying on an ascending or even balanced trajectory remotely resemble this:

that looks like it's on a descending trajectory?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

They are not all planes in the sunset. Yes, a contrail and plane can turn the color of fire in the sunset, but it is still pretty easily identified as a plane. If you watch all those eyewitness videos, you can clearly see that those are not planes. They exhibit all the characteristics of comets, except in frequency of observation.

What do you think they are then?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

A low orbit satellite you say? Then why doesn't NASA chime in and say so? After all, there HAS to be someone in charge of falling satellites, no?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by goochball
I think it's a plane as well. Why? Because every time I see a video like this it is accompanied by a setting sun which gives the contrail an orange/red tint resembling a trail of fire.

Agreed. It's always a contrail. Go outside tonight around sundown and look for yourself. Bring your video camera and you too will be able to post something similar.

That word "always" is what keeps us from exploring and considering other possibilities.

It's never.......'always'.
Please try to remember that!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Im not saying they all are planes this one in the OP is. The ones in the video compilation are not they are meteors or the like the last one looked allot like the one in California that was a "missile launch"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Trying to determine with cheezeball research if these things have been around for a while, and of course, the further you go back in time, the less videos you find, for obvious reasons. I found this one from 1972 that seems like what we are seeing now.

www.youtube.com...

I am thinking that they have always existed, maybe not in the same frequency as today, but that can be greatly attributed to the huge jump in video technology in the past few years.

What are they? I think they're cool!
That's all I will say until I know more.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by zayonara

How is this:

flying on an ascending or even balanced trajectory remotely resemble this:

that looks like it's on a descending trajectory?

Easy! You wait until the plane passes you, and then take the pic.

Also, wait until just after the sun sets to make the contrails appear orange.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Four even sized streaks, equally spaced, two evenly spaced, or sometimes three and even one...but the plane contrails are very "artificial" looking. The OP shows a more random distribution of trail material, much like an oddly shaped object with non-streamlined shape. Especially immediately trailing the object. Not to mention, contrails most always "gap" behind the plane while the water vapor condenses. You don't get gaps behind an object that is burning, as the "smoke" is generated from the leading edge, and thus, engulfs the object.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by rigel4

A low orbit satellite you say? Then why doesn't NASA chime in and say so? After all, there HAS to be someone in charge of falling satellites, no?

H-A, I wasn't meaning to Indicate that it was falling........ Just traveling between Shadow and sunlit.

I have seen this kind of thing a few times before. First one i ever saw i thought was very weird, but after seeing more i can say that what i have seen is very similar to the vid.

Someone with astronomical expertise can chime in and explain for me, some low earth sats do NOT cross he entire sky, they appear as if out o f no where and travel across the sky for a bit then blink out.
Although I lack the ability to explain why specifically.

Your own video , I don't know so much, maybe not a plane , but too slow for meteor, so maybe a plane at an odd angle of capture by video.

edit on 18-4-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Low orbit satellites are way, way above any atmosphere that can cause contrails. You would not see them during the day unless they were on fire...which they are not. They won't make contrails at all, again, unless they are on fire.

I think what we have here are, airplane contrails, and/or meteors. With lots of people having the ability to film and share them these days, it appears to be an "epidemic". I still believe that the frequency of them has increased somewhat, but I have no proof to that effect. I don't have a control.

When one of these suddenly makes an instant 90 degree turn and instantly changes speed, I will worry.

EDIT: Satellites sometimes appear to disappear because they spin or rotate, and a reflective surface directs the sun's reflection away from your line of sight.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Contrail. Just saw one exactly the same. The light from the sun set was hitting it just right, for me the plane was close enough to tell it was a plane and the sun was making it a bright orange. I can't believe Muffon really added this one to their list.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yup, contrail. So many of these wind up in the meteorite-list archives, they all look relatively the same.
High altitude contrail in the direction of a setting sun. Seen lots of them.

Besides, meteors do not just stop dead in their tracks with long tails. Smoke trails from meteors heading to earth twist into wild zig-zag lines within seconds of coming in, as they are affected by the striated, high velocity wind layers of Earth's upper atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364
very nice video of a PLANE at sunrise or sunset..

thanks for the wasted 3 precious minutes of my time...

been reading your threads lately , and, well they're all just like this...

a waste of time...

have a good day...

You wasted 3 minutes watching a video that's 1 minute 20 seconds long?

Anyway,it looks like a meteor to me.It certainly isn't a plane.But what do I know.
edit on 18-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ahh, the good old sunlit contrail UFO. Haven't seen these in a while. But as many have already stated, it just a plane with a contrail being lit up by the setting sun. There's no noubt about that :-)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join