It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati a Myth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I came across a video on youtube about the Illuminati.

The Illuminati are a very confusing bunch, but that's what their goal is. To confuse, and shadow their true nature. I thought this video would be pretty opening.

(Searched, there's another thread with a 2 hour video, so i think this is safe. Dont flame me for trying, jeesh.)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

The Bavarian Illuminati were a historical fact. Founded in 1776 in (wait for it) Bavaria by Adam Weishaupt and Adophus Knigge and others.

And then.... well nothing...

They went away.

The end.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sorry, dont have 4 hours spare to watch the video, although it seems interesting..

But.. IMO the Illuminati is real... If not to fulfil the agenda we all think, then to keep our sheep headed minds into wondering WTF is really going on, while they implement their plans.

If they are a myth, then we are all a lot crazier then we think. I mean, how else would we be able to make a conspiracy theory out of almost every single situation that gets brought up?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, the video covers some very interesting things! The entirety of the illuminati?

Even touches on chemtrails, 9/11, Michael Jackson JFK MLK Tupac warnings about ill., etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

That's when they just merged with the new(ish) masons, to obfuscate where each cabal's borders really were

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

There was no merger.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

There was no merger.

True. The Bavarian Illuminati was a clandestine rite. The 4th, 5th, and 6th degrees of the Illuminati were the first three degrees of Masonry. However, the Illuminati had no authority to confer any Masonic degrees, so they were not legitimate.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
the idea of a closely knit secret society controlling the world is definitely true. Look into the life of one Stanley Kubrick and his works and it becomes painfully clear that we're controlled by Saturn worshiping entities who hold satanic orgys and rape children for their pure energy. The perverts own us and we're too ignorant to do anything. If they actually call themselves "illuminati" I don't know, but I've concluded their existence. Keep in mind congress voted to not air a discovery special detailing pedophilia by an elected official.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I pray you guys are dis-info agents, and that you're not as ignorant as you seem...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

So you believe that the Illuminati still exists?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I do... and as long as there is an America governed by the US, I will always believe the Illuminati exists.
My Proof: Too Many Nations Come And Gather Herein In The USA. They come for many reasons.
And as such... it means that elitists must clan together and build immunity and usurp authority and continue to reign supreme. The hollywood glamour is designed to lure the nations here. With it comes tons of cash and innovation. But the thing that will never change is the Illuminati bloodlines...
BTW: The Illuminati is Pro European and will always be. But they may live here in the states.

Also: YAY! YAY FOR ILLUMINATI! AND YAY FOR PINOCCHIO!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by Iconic

The Bavarian Illuminati were a historical fact. Founded in 1776 in (wait for it) Bavaria by Adam Weishaupt and Adophus Knigge and others.

And then.... well nothing...

They went away.

The end.

Star for you. You are the only one in the thread so far to really know who the Illuminati actually were.

Really, I wish conspiracy theorists would do more research, then they may actually stop calling the TPTB the Illuminati. It's kind of sad really, because if you look at the actual philosophy and ideology of the Illuminati, not only were they not TPTB, they were one of the first groups that actually fought against TPTB. The Illuminati wanted to free mankind; first from the yoke of the European monarchies; governments and second they wanted to free them from the yoke of the churches; religion.

They were actually the good guys and one of the first groups to actually fight TPTB. The only thing that can even be construed as nefarious on the part of the Illuminati, was their use of secrecy and deception to accomplish their goal, but they were no more or less secretive and deceptive then the Sons of Liberty in America meeting in shadowy pubs plotting treason against King George.

Kind of ironic that modern conspiracy theorists lump the good guys in with the bad; when they call the TPTB the Illuminati, they can't even see the forest for the trees, nor can they tell the white hats from the black hats, in history. I guess rampant speculation and lack of research is easier.

edit on 19-4-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I agree completely.

The Illuminati formed and went underground BECAUSE the church and kings were forming a new world order in which they would be in total control.

Groups like the masons and the illuminati scared them because they preserved the truth that man needs no church or government in order to find the truth about life, God and immortality of the soul.

IF the illuminati were around today they would be silently waging the same war against oppression, TPTB, NWO, etc.

join