It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny thing..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hello there everyone!

I feel this is a let down for my first thread, however I just am in a giddy mood today and like to remind myself of the pleasures of life.

One pleasure I seek is laughter. For a long time I have been negative, critical about the world and myself. Too much in my life I have taken too seriously, and now since I have been on ATS it opened my eyes to how the real world is.. What a sham our country has turned into. Nothing I can do will stop it, no matter how powerful I feel. So all I can do for myself, is to improve my outlook. Not take myself seriously, stop and enjoy the flowers, take humor in the gifts and misgivings..

HUMOR. Sense of humor is a very important thing to me. Many don't have a good one.. too many take offense to little things. Why must we let things hurt our feelings? Everyone is different and unique, and obviously if it is malicious that person isn't worth your time anyway. If everyone could see that there is something funny in every situation in life, it really makes the day more enjoyable. When I want to criticize myself or get angry, I instead make fun of myself.. I try to think of it in a joking way because what I am doing really DOESN'T matter in the entire context of my life. I'll get to where I am supposed to go, I believe everyone has a purpose.. Make that journey a sunny one, not a rainstorm.

BUT, my real question to you all.. the true purpose of this thread..

Is there anything odd that makes you laugh, every single time and you have no idea why it is so hilarious to you??

For moi, cat's paws.. I don't know why but they are just so funny. Thinking about them makes me laugh... Especially the ones with furry tufts on the bottom.
Segways.. I just don't get them, and I think they are extremely dorky. Especially hilarious when it's a line of them.. Every time I drive on LakeShore in Chi, I always see a line of people in their helmets, going a whopping 5mph.
Payphones.. If someone does not have access to a cell phone, landline, or can't ask someone to politely make a call because you lack both of these, you are probably not doing something trustworthy.. Especially sketchy when you see someone actually using one.. Which is surprising because most are broken.
Turkey Legs... When you see a person is eating a giant turkey leg, and then look around to see everyone else doing the same, it's like we're all cave people again. No forks, no mercy!!!!

So.. I am weird, yes.

What makes you giggle like a school girl?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

Ok this might sound AWFUL but with the summer months close I have to say it. When kids fall off their bikes/rollerblades. Nothing serious, or serious injury, just a good spill. Gets me every time.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My 2 yr. old tiny daughter throwing a huge tantrum.
It's all I can do not to laugh when she's stomping her feet and cussing me out in some unknown language over something like a cookie. I'm like "really? Is that supposed to scare me?"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Naturally, flatulence is funny ! Other things that make me giggle? Watching my dog ride in the passenger seat adjusting her balance as we trek along and looking at everything outside so intently. She is so human-like at times and it cracks me up. Being in a public place and seeing everyone staring into their cell phones still gives me a chuckle. I am a bit old school and have a cell phone that calls only, which I rarely use, so to me the hype is strangely humorous.
Not a bad thread idea at all

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
LOl for me, it's people that watch jersey shore, american idol, biggest loser, survival, real world, and teen mom. I just don't get it. Obama is just naturally funny too I can't take anything he says/does seriously. Lol, justin beiber fans, lil wayne fans, drake, and etc. Guys that wear pink definitely make me laugh. Or like if I trip and fall I totally laugh at myself. Sarcasm and irony is also funny to me.

top topics

join