It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Kills dog after going to wrong house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Cop Kills dog after going to wrong house

news.yahoo.com

AUSTIN -- Since an Austin Police Department officer fatally shot a seven-year-old blue heeler named Cisco, the phones haven't stopped ringing at APD. The department has received hundreds of emails with comments such as, "Get that officer off the street," and "Do police no longer have a protocol for escalating to deadly force?" Another email says, "Shoot a man's dog here in Texas and you'll have a storm at your door." "I'm just overwhelmed at the responses we've gotten," said Cisco's owner Michael Paxton.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
how long are americans going to put up with this? we need to take a stand against police brutality evrywere becase it just continues to get worse and worse evryday especialy in the occupy wall steet protests or anny protests evrywere seriosy take back your contry before its to late (it is) and protest against crimes like this before they accidently shoot you

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I had already heard about this one through the local grapevine.
If you feel this should be looked into (and I do), then please
email the Austin police chief Art Acevedo asking him to take appropriate
actions to make sure this doesn't happen again, and to discipline the officer.

[email protected]

Please, if you email the chief, be courteous. It does not help the cause to send belligerent emails.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I had a St. Bernard (250pd dog) at one time get in the way of a police officer and his dog. Literally left those two in a stand still.
(Those two were pretty much frozen in time) He was acting like Cujo with the foamed mouth. All he wanted to do was play. But his size and bark said different.
The officer kept screaming, I'm going to shoot this dog, whose dog is this? But, he never shot him. (Thank you), Caesar did finally pass away on his own due to health issues.

Could be that the dog was protecting his territory and the cop felt threatened.

He made an honest mistake going to the wrong house, but let's say that was the house on the domestic abuse, but the dog was standing between him and the two people escalating, he needs to make sure that the female and male are okay. Sadly, the dog was in the way.

Blue Healers are known to protect their territory.

My dog protects his territory. He won't let anyone get between him and I.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Lol, smooth move Austin Police Department!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If corporations can be people, then a living breathing animal that lives with humans should be granted this status as well.

Then the cop can be charged with murder.

top topics

join