It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Smiles While Posing With Dead Afghans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have no idea where to stick this because it fits under so many different categories/forums but my heart tells me this: New World Order.... is the proper place for it.

This sickens me. Some of these soldiers, who THINK they're fighting for our freedoms are not only misguided but feel some kind of honor in killing other Humans.

This can't be a natural feeling. I have to start wondering if they're mind-controlled somehow.

This is also a very good post to include the video below where it seems SOME soldiers are finally catching on to this profit for human suffering propaganda that the rich sell as 'war'!
There IS no war.
Please watch the video below!

I am appalled

U.S SOLDIERS CAUGHT AT IT AGAIN!
www.youtube.com...

Even The Troops Are Waking Up

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, They are obviously pleased with themselves, i think they have the right to portray how happy they are......Ah no wait, No they don't.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It looks photoshopped. The face of the guy and the hand of the deceased, just doesn't look right.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
These soldiers lost 23 of their own due to suicide bombers.

Bad judgement....Yes

For the media to publish them and throw these guys under the bus.

The worst possible judgement.

I hate war....But what do you expect when everyone has a camera.

Ten years of war will take it's toll on anyone.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Well, They are obviously pleased with themselves, i think they have the right to portray how happy they are......Ah no wait, No they don't.

How is purposefully killing anybody, a good thing? With the exception of killing someone whose trying to kill you or a loved one.
This 'feeling' is not Human. We are compassionate souls. Or at least, we were. We have empathy. And the soldiers who used to defend their land and family, did it thinking they were doing a just-service.

The wars now don't look right, don't feel right and haven't been 'sold' to us as doing something right.

We infiltrated these countries for what? Why is their country our business? We are hardly the poster-child of a country run right.

Some of these soldiers were hard up to make a living. So the recruiters set up kiosks in their impoverish stricken cities selling this as a viable option to make a pay check.

These kids don't know why or what they're fighting. Osama and Hussein are (supposedly) dead. What is their justification? Never mind that because that's too big of a supposition....but how 'bout....why are they so pleased in killing other people? What's with these smiles lately?

Although I'm a bit too young to be a part of this.....I do remember some of my Vietnam vet friends coming home riddled with guilt and shame. They knew that war was unjustified and they tried everything, not to be recruited.
This is not the impression I am getting with this generation who are short of human killing machines.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
It looks photoshopped. The face of the guy and the hand of the deceased, just doesn't look right.

Hadn't thought about that but that's even sicker if you think about it.

What?....he wants a trophy corpse to stick on his Facebook page..so he creates one? Will that win him more cyber friends?

Something is wrong with this entire picture.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think that all these stories of our soldiers doing things like that happen for the most part because the unprecedented nature of this unjust war in Afghanistan is breaking our soldiers mentally.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

These soldiers lost 23 of their own due to suicide bombers.

So? How many have these soldiers killed over there? These soldiers are also on someone else's land! Tell me, what would you do if russia invaded america (or wherever you live)? How would you feel if your family had been killed at their hands? Wouldn't you feel like strapping on a bomb or something?

They have every right to defend themselves!

If you did the same you would be called a hero! Not a terrorist! I mean our troops (i'm from the UK) have planes that drop bombs! They have heavy artillery!

If these guys don't want to be blown up, they can GTFO! Right? No-one has FORCED them to be there! They want to be there because then they can use all the cool equipment they've been trained to use!

I have no sympathy for bullies, sorry!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Hmm, the President pretty much forced them to be there. They go AWOL and then they go to jail.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I think that all these stories of our soldiers doing things like that happen for the most part because the unprecedented nature of this unjust war in Afghanistan is breaking our soldiers mentally.

Interesting you say that because I just read this:

Over 6500 Veteran Suicides Per Year

A Veteran’s Death, the Nation’s Shame

An American soldier dies every day and a half, on average, in Iraq or Afghanistan. Veterans kill themselves at a rate of one every 80 minutes. More than 6,500 veteran suicides are logged every year — more than the total number of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and Iraq combined since those wars began.

www.nytimes.com...

That'll teach 'em ....democracy rules!!!! (end sarcasm)
edit on 18-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I applaud your tenacious sentiment. It's shared by many

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

These soldiers are doing what WE trained and asked them to do. They're soldiers, what do you expect them to do?
These troops aren't there to play paint ball, they are paid to take lives just as the other side is paid to kill them. Have you ever been in a combat zone? I have, and the stress is huge. You have to understand that some of these troops are on their third and fourth tours into a combat zone. Thank your lucky stars we have people who are willing to do what they do or our enemies would be killing us. Yes, sometimes things get surreal, that's just the nature of the beast. Do you think our enemies care how they treat our dead? Stop trying to vilify our troops by pointing out every little thing they do. It's war!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Hmm, the President pretty much forced them to be there. They go AWOL and then they go to jail.

Then they have a choice right? Hmmmm do I go kill a bunch of innocent civilians or do I go sit in a cell for doing the right thing? I know what I would be CHOOSING! But then I wouldn't enter the army anyway! I've known they are mere pawns since I was knee high!

You see bradley manning? Now there is a REAL hero!

Btw how many prisons would they need if even 40-50% just said no? Who would they get to do their bidding then?

I know they have pressure! But so what? That doesn't mean they get my praise or sympathy! They made their own bed!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I think you are misplacing your anger. Why are you angry at the men and women of the US armed services that are there at the behest of the GOVERNMENT and not the government that sent them there to kill and die and inadvertently catalyze many atrocities and much suffering? I can't stand it when people blame our soldiers on the ground. They sacrificed more than you or I can imagine in pursuit of an ideal. They were lied to and they are being used and it is a bloody mess and by blaming them you are only making the psychological torment on these poor souls even worse

Edit: If it is so easy to join the armed forces and then "quit" go prove to us
edit on 18-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by mee30

I applaud your tenacious sentiment. It's shared by many

Lol thanks, I know there are many ex serving on here and they will not agree (well most) but that is to be expected I suppose.

But hey, got to say what you think ay!

I've never understood it really. One guy straps on a bomb and blows himself up, he is a terrorist coward! Another guy flies over and drops bombs willy nilly and they are a hero soldier? What gives? So what if they kill a few hundred thousand civilians? It's just collateral damage!

So what if they attacked IRAQ un-prevoked? It was a "preemptive strike"! Can you imagine using that as your defense in court?

"Sir, why did you smash that guys head off the sidewalk?"

"Erm well he could of done it to me first right? I wasn't taking any chances!"

It's utter craziness!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItisTime
reply to post by Human_Alien

These soldiers are doing what WE trained and asked them to do. They're soldiers, what do you expect them to do?
These troops aren't there to play paint ball, they are paid to take lives just as the other side is paid to kill them. Have you ever been in a combat zone? I have, and the stress is huge. You have to understand that some of these troops are on their third and fourth tours into a combat zone. Thank your lucky stars we have people who are willing to do what they do or our enemies would be killing us. Yes, sometimes things get surreal, that's just the nature of the beast. Do you think our enemies care how they treat our dead? Stop trying to vilify our troops by pointing out every little thing they do. It's war!

'

I don't even know where to start tearing your post a part.

Enemies? These men, women and children are MY enemies? Since when? We have more in common with them than we do with our 'leaders' (as was mentioned in my second video above)

These soldiers don't even know why they are there! This was better than taking a job at McDonalds to support their young family or...themselves. That's all.

Let me ask YOU...why are we in Afghanistan (besides the poppy fields)?
Please tell me.
What is the mission?

Lastly....even if you are right (which, you truly aren't) why the pride? Why the need for a Memorex moment?
If this is serious business---- as you make it sound like it is then...there's no time to pose with a dead corpse. They should quickly move on to their next 'target'.

You sir/madam, are as sadly misguided as some of these soldiers are.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Feel free to add to the existing threads on this topic..

take your pick..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join