It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I saw a very interesting orb from about 75' away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm gonna go ahead and post my report to MUFON that I typed up. I haven't uploaded it to MUFON yet though, as I'm waiting to sit down with a friend of mine so that he might draw what I explain to him.

1. Location/Activities - I was with a friend, in their front yard, in a very built up/urban neighborhood in South Florida, near a major intersection. We were hanging out late at night: ~3am.

2. First Notice - My friend pointed the object out. At first saying, "Look, it's a balloon."

3. Initial Reaction - I originally took it for a balloon. I really did think it was, considering size and shape.

4.A. Description - It was about the size of a basketball. Maybe a little more or less, but fairly spot on to a basketball in size. It was a sphere, with possibly a slight dip on the top-rear of it, making it slightly oblong looking when viewed from the right angle. Nearly a perfect sphere (or perfect, since I don't know if I remember the dip too well).

It appeared to be made out of skin colored, stretched latex. Fairly transparent, but splotchy. Seemed to be smooth on the surface, but material wasn't uniform in density. Color could be a dull orange, but best described as a regular Caucasian skin color. Not too pale, not too tanned. But transparent nonetheless. Transparency wasn't enough to see what was inside it. At least nothing could be made out (maybe it did glow slightly from the inside?). Light poles and an overly illuminated home allowed us to see it clearly.

It moved in the area of 15 mph, equivalent to a car a in school zone. Probably slower than 15 mph. Its path crossed our view from NE/E towards SW/W (We were originally facing north when it was noticed), at 20-25 feet off the ground. It moved over a one story home, at about 10-15 feet above it. Closest viewing distances ranged from 40-75 feet.

Its path was free of deviation. I point this out because had it been a strange looking balloon, then its movement would have been more erratic. The object did not deviate with wind, maintaining its heading like a train on a rail road. It did not sway up or down, left or right. It did not rotate/spin, nor appear to have any way for it to propel itself.

4.B. Narrative - We first saw it coming out from behind some trees in a residential neighborhood, crossing a small avenue (height of 20-25 feet, distance of 75-50 feet[it was coming closer at first]), and then crossing over the corner lot/home in front of us. It then reached the home's street, and was now heading completely west, after crossing over the home's lot from the NE and towards the lot's SW corner.

It continued down the street for approximately 300 feet, till it rose at about a 35 degree angle, and crossing a distance of about 70 feet. It then continued forward again. It did this till it abruptly stopped, and just as quickly shot straight up about 100 feet. The second it reached its new altitude, it began moving forward again. It took only a second to clear the vertical distance covered.

After a bit of it moving forward, once again it abruptly stopped, and dipped/shifted to the right some distance (10 feet? only enough to notice) as it sunk down about another 100 feet. (Though it shifted right, its descent had it curve left, so it was underneath where it was before the fall)

It continued on for some distance, viewable for too long in my opinion. Considering its size, and no apparent illumination, I did not think it would be visible for as long as it was, while moving away/west. My best guess is I saw it out to 2.5 miles. It appeared to have been fairly high at this point, maybe 300-500 feet.

5. Feelings/Reactions - When we realized that this "balloon's" path was so straight, I felt confused at first, and soon after excited that I could be witnessing something "odd". I had never seen something moving so still, looking so weird, and so up close. Once I saw it stop and make its abrupt ascent, I was ecstatic and knew that I was witnessing something very different than a balloon or remote controlled toy.

6. Loss of Sight - It eventually moved too far away. Nothing special occurred.

So far the only thing I could imagine this being is something fairly advanced. Considering the way it can move, and that it was silent and without an obvious propulsion system. There was no exhaust, no propeller, no fan, no mini turbine. It's definitely not a balloon. Balloons don't shoot up and down, and ignore the effects of wind. I would have guessed a remote controlled toy, but it didn't come back. So if not a remote controlled toy, then maybe an advanced drone of some sort. It also could have been something extraterrestrial. It was unique enough that I wouldn't dismiss the notion.

Unfortunately I didn't record it on tape, because by the time I thought "I should be recording this," I wasn't about to dare take my eyes off it, in fear that it suddenly do something extraordinary and I miss it, just because I was looking for the camera feature on my phone.

It was best viewable for about 1-2 minutes, starting moving abruptly past 2 minutes, and possibly took about 4-6 minutes tops for the event to end. Times are mostly guesses. I got kinda lost in the moment.

I first searched for related sightings in my area, and saw case 17373. Description is very similar to what was witnessed by my friend and me. I can see someone thinking it was made of plastic, but the color red doesn't match. Case 17373 takes place about 10 miles E/SE of my witnessed event.

I know all this doesn't mean much without a photo, but I've put what effort I could into best describing it. What really made it fascinating was the way it moved. Everything it did seemed very deliberate. I'm convinced it wasn't a balloon because for one it didn't look like one after actually focusing on it. Second reason would be that wind did not make this thing move on a very linear path, at a continuous height for so long, and then wind made it zip 90 degrees up into the air, and once again make it travel directly forward. Maybe fans could have had this effect, after being carefully planned in a controlled environment to move an object along a specific path. But there weren't fans carefully placed in the air, in the neighborhood, just for this orb/sphere/thing.

I have some regrets about the way I handled the event. I could have ran into the street and chased it down. I could have thrown rocks at it. I should have filmed it (would have been crappy footage, but nonetheless). But it's too late now, and at most I'll have drawings done by someone who didn't even see it. I'll try to have that soon.

I'm posting this so that others could read it, and maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who has seen something similar, or might just know what it was. I'm posting this here in Aliens & UFOs, since it was flying and I didn't know what it was.

P.S. My first thread WOOHOO!
I HOPE IT DOESN'T SUCK, BUT PROBABLY WILL

EDIT - I was asked to provide whatever I could for now as far as images go, so I brought up the house across the street (I'm not associated to this street corner, nor the home) and added a bunch of quality suspect circles to give an idea of the object's path.

And I have separate links for easier viewing -

First

Second
edit on 18-4-2012 by Contag because: add pics

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
did the light flicker or was it a constant brightness, have you seen chinesse lanterns before. do you think it could have been one of those. how windy was it?

nice clear report you have

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good eye , thread and description!
Congrats on your first post and no, it does NOT suck. I think the more people that are aware of these things, the better. And I for one, appreciate your report! I can only imagine how you felt being so close to it...Very weird description unlike what I have experienced but mine were not up close and personal. I always thought they appeared somewhat metallic...but guess we have all kinds of makes and models?

Kudos to you, It takes guts to post this without a photo here at ATS but I believe you - .. for I too and many others here have also seen...
Hopefully soon, we will have answers. What an experience for you Con! Sounds really wild!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
did the light flicker or was it a constant brightness, have you seen chinesse lanterns before. do you think it could have been one of those. how windy was it?

nice clear report you have

hi there kamatty

It actually wasn't a light at all. From what I could tell, it could have been reflective. I figure that for me to have observed it at the distance I did, it had to be reflective in some small amount. But to my knowledge it was not a source of light itself, and if it was, it was at most a very light glow. The lights in the area (light posts and from homes) were constant.

I've seen Chinese lanterns (both in video and in person) and I can tell you without doubt that this wasn't a lantern. Wind was mild at most. Leaves on trees were swaying lightly. Enough to make a balloon move about.

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Good eye , thread and description!
Congrats on your first post and no, it does NOT suck. I think the more people that are aware of these things, the better. And I for one, appreciate your report! I can only imagine how you felt being so close to it...Very weird description unlike what I have experienced but mine were not up close and personal. I always thought they appeared somewhat metallic...but guess we have all kinds of makes and models?

Kudos to you, It takes guts to post this without a photo here at ATS but I believe you - .. for I too and many others here have also seen...
Hopefully soon, we will have answers. What an experience for you Con! Sounds really wild!

Haha, thanks for the NOT suck comment. It was for sure very interesting being able to see 'something' from up close. And yeah it feels kinda weird that it wasn't similar to anything I had seen or read before. No metal disks here. Almost looked organic, really.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Contag because: edit to add reply to SeekerLou

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Interesting sighting. That does sound strange. I'm trying to picture it skin colored.
So it just moved off into the distance, never to be seen again? What color were the street lights and house lights, for the most part, yellow?
IMO, not a sucky thread. I have to agree with a previous poster, this information needs to come out. Its educational in some sense.
I believe you and can't wait till the drawing comes out. And also, if you could, draw a simple picture of the view you observed the object moving through. Then just draw out a simple dotted line to trace its flight path. If you could at least post that here, it would be helpful and allow us to see the movements you saw. IMO, every little bit helps.
Keep us up dated and good job on the thread. STAR and FLAG! of course!

TXML

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by txMEGAlithic
So it just moved off into the distance, never to be seen again? What color were the street lights and house lights, for the most part, yellow?

And also, if you could, draw a simple picture of the view you observed the object moving through. Then just draw out a simple dotted line to trace its flight path.

Yeah it just kept going west till it was out of sight. Street lights were of the yellowy kind, with the house lights being completely white. Each post of the house's fence has a light(s).

Pics are done and done.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag

Well regardless if peeps ask for pictures or not. I believe you. I have seen orbs myself twice and both times with a witness. The ones I saw where at night about 10 metres in front of my parked car in a remote area.. AN object the size of a small dinner plate glowing yellow but emitting a blue light. Just like you the object moved without deviation..

Nice first thread....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Nice story man. At night, far off (remote), and have an orb under apparent control moving ahead of you. I can imagine the feeling being slightly eerie. Endless amount of reasons why it showed up there.

My dad had an orb experience when he was younger, where it came up the street straight towards him, at waist level. It stopped right in front of him as he was standing in the driveway. He said it was a semi-large ball of white light, and annoying to him was the fact that his friend couldn't see it (who was standing next to my father). My dad didn't know what to do, aside from be amazed at the light, and pissed that his friend thought he was crazy. Finally it left up the road. Sometimes these things make themselves apparent to specific people, it seems.

Amazing some of the events that have happened, and the experiences that are yet to come up.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Congratulations. That sounds like quite an experience you had, and you did a very good job with your report. The visual aids are very helpful in picturing the scene. I'm sure MUFON will be contacting you to ask you some questions. Nicely done!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Excellent first thread - It doesn't suck at all!

Your description is brilliant and had you been fiddling about with a camera your description might not have been as good and the picture possibly wouldn't have helped much given the low light conditions. Please let us know what MUFON say and if you hear of any other sightings in the area. Well done - S+F

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
nice for your first thread iv been in contact with mufon in the past and they generaly get back to u quick might ask some more questions so anything u rember write down or something so u still know when asked dont think the event will be out of your head for a while but u would be supprised at some of the details u forget in very short periods of time.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Great! Drone? Did you not consider it organic at all? Can you recall any particular thoughts before it made it's abrupt ascent? Did you do anything abrupt yourself around that point? Anyway cool account, thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag
Awesome job on the pictures. It really illustrates the way this thing moved. Even better than I expected. It gives us a great perspective since you use the street view and I can really visualize what you're saying. It was pretty low. You said maybe ten or fifteen feet over the house. I see It really wasn't that far away from you at a certain point either. Forty feet is pretty close. I think a balloons natural movements would have been easily noticeable. I may have missed it but, could you tell if the color/faint glow remain the same through the sighting or did the appearance change as it moved due to reflected light. The description of the 'skinned' craft is totally unlike anything I've heard of. The color could have had a little to do with the yellow lights. As I said you were close to it and I think your description is probably pretty accurate because of the proximity.
It was too close to be mistaken IMO. Maybe it was a drone
Nice work for sure on this. You are still going to get your friend to draw it right? I hope.
TXML

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
...had you been fiddling about with a camera your description might not have been as good and the picture possibly wouldn't have helped much given the low light conditions.

I gotta agree with you. I tried taking a picture of the moon the other night and my camera couldn't even pick up its light, so I doubt the camera would have worked versus my orb.

Thanks to all the above replies by the way. I appreciate all the comments. It'd be cool if MUFON contacted me

Originally posted by markymint
Great! Drone? Did you not consider it organic at all? Can you recall any particular thoughts before it made it's abrupt ascent? Did you do anything abrupt yourself around that point? Anyway cool account, thanks for sharing!

I actually removed the part of the report where I explicitly stated that I thought it was drone.

I didn't want to give my final opinion of what it was before having other people respond. If I had to guess anything outside of paranormal, it would 100% be a drone. For it to be a drone though, it would have to be one of the most advanced urban drones in use. Dead silent, absolutely perfect controls, fairly inconspicuous, and really low speed. I've Googled drones, and ball drones, and all I really got was some clumsy, crappy looking drone from Japan.

Its appearance was organic. I don't think it was alive though.

I figured it could be something along the principle behind an ionocraft -

And I finally remembered a video I wanted to post, that will better illustrate how it moved. I'm sure the quantum levitation video has been posted here before, the one from the convention -

The same way that the disk above is locked into place, though moving forward, is exactly how the object I witnessed moved.

My thoughts during the event involved expletives and WHOAAAAA LOOK AT WHAT IT DID. Aside from being intrigued, I can't remember any specific thoughts. I doubt anything was going through my head apart from what I mentioned. I didn't do anything myself after its sharp turns except get more excited. Thanks for the questions! Helped me think of better videos to post.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Contag because: add text

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Contag
...could you tell if the color/faint glow remain the same through the sighting or did the appearance change as it moved due to reflected light.

You are still going to get your friend to draw it right? I hope.

I don't believe it to have changed its own illumination. As you said it, its appearance changed according to distance of ambient light.

Definitely gonna get the drawing done.

In an attempt to produce an effect that would show its surface appearance, I grabbed a latex glove and stretched it along the lens of a flashlight. This allows you to see the lack of uniform thickness in the material, with some areas being slightly darker. It's this effect that I witnessed, except exaggerated and splotchy. This all still is a bad way of describing the surface material. Only a drawing is gonna get the idea across.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Contag because: grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Contag
You explain it well. I get a pretty good sense of what it looked like. The latex over the flashlight makes perfect sense. The videos you posted are interesting, especially the second featuring the cold disk. Never seen it before.

Could it have been something like this? It was brought to my attention by DerepentLEstranger, and originally posted by PhoenixOD, I think.

HERE is PhoenixODs thread
Is that the video you where talking about?
I had no idea something like this existed. It changed the way I thought of the orbs inspecting chemtrails. Almost

TXML

edit on 19-4-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Contag
Is that the video you where talking about?

Yeah that's the Japanese drone I mentioned. I downplayed, which I shouldn't have considering I don't have the knowledge to build it, but what I saw blows this ball drone out of the water.

This is kind of a self-bump as well. Still looking for anyone who might have a clue as to what I described.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag

did it look anything like this www.youtube.com...

this was a double orb i recorded beginning of this year

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hakalugie4u
reply to post by Contag

did it look anything like this www.youtube.com...

this was a double orb i recorded beginning of this year

No it didn't, but that video is crazy dude! I don't know if it's editing... but do the two orbs combine and come apart? Or is one moving behind the other? For example, from 0:40-0:42

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This report is very detailed and for this i believe you. I have seen similar objects in the sky farther north on the east coast and they seem to be all over. This year alone there have been more sightings than most years in the past. I feel in the near future alot of questions will be answered for all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join