It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files and Real Life Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Found this really interesting from writer, producer and creator Chris Carter, it's related to the actual FBI :

And a great short clip I found just now that badly makes me miss it.... Note - Some of the footage is strong :

I'm hoping this thread can be something that gives an idea of the sheer amount of real conspiracies it was related to, and also a collection of links and notes that can aid further research.

I don't even know where to start really, but there's a site that lists the whole main conspiracy timeline here : Conspiracy Timeline

Will definitely be back to list more but for now I'm going to pick one out. If anyone else has any that they want to list, please do. In the series this unit was responsible in a big way when it came to making Human/Alien Hybrids. In real life they bring Nazi's and Josef Mengele straight to mind :

Unit 731

Unit 731 was a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook lethal human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II. It was responsible for some of the most notorious war crimes carried out by Japanese personnel.

Unit 731 - Wikipedia

Shiro Ishii, commander of Unit 731

Shirō Ishii was a Japanese microbiologist and the lieutenant general of Unit 731, a biological warfare unit of the Imperial Japanese Army responsible for human experimentation and war crimes during the Second Sino-Japanese War.

Shiro Ishii - Wikipedia

It's actually sickening, badly, to read about the real life version, and I'd suggest that if you're faint-hearted to stay well away from doing any image searches. But it's something that I'd never heard of at all before watching the series, and thought that was surprising.

Will be back later anyway once I've got more. Could've picked more out now, but just wanted to get the thread started really.
edit on 18-4-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Flaging this thread to read further when I get home. I can't see the video at work.

This sound very interesting.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Operation Paperclip

This is so central to the whole main conspiracy of The X-Files that it's impossible to pin down to one episode, but there's a lot about it in the back-to-back episodes Anasasi, The Blessing Way and Paper Clip.

In the story at this point you have all types of things going on but will stick with Paperclip for now. About Mulder :

He wakes up on April 16. Albert Hohsteen and his family take him to a buried boxcar where there are dozens of misformed human bodies. The translated MJ documents say the bodies are the result of experimentation by Axis scientists in the US after World War II. The experiment subjects are referred to as The Merchandise. In spite of the alien appearance of the bodies, they have smallpox vaccination scars.

From the main timeline that I'm using for most of this : www.themareks.com...

So we often read about what the scientists did in the way of tech for rockets, spaceflight, possible UFO's, etc, but the medical people aren't so well known. This is just from the "key figures" part on the Paperclip wiki page :

Medicine: Walter Schreiber, Kurt Blome, Hubertus Strughold, Hans Antmann.

Antmann doesn't even have a page, but the others do and it's surprising what's there. (and wow, how many others were there involved in medicine that don't have wiki pages?) I tried to tie the story in with how this could be plausible in real life, and in an unsettling way it didn't take long. (no I'm not saying I believe it's true, just looking at the real life connections.)

To summarise their wiki pages, and start with a quote referring back to The X-Files :

Hubertus Strughold

The television show The X-Files weaves Strughold (renamed Victor Klemper in the show) into its complex government conspiracy mythology. In the episode "Paper Clip" (1995), characters visit the fictitious Strughold Mining Company, a front company whose long-abandoned warehouse was used to store data related to post-World War II genetic research.

Hubertus Strughold - Legacy

Learnt medicine at University of Göttingen and got a doctorate from there in 1922.

In 1942 was part of a conference, as the head of a Nazi Air Force institute that dealt with aviation medicine. They discussed experiments on Humans, which were later carried out at the Dachau concentration camp, and included torture and death by immersion in water, being put into air pressure chambers, being made to drink seawater and exposure to freezing temperatures.

This was later found out after he'd been in the USA as part of Paperclip for quite a while, working with the Air Force in the area of space medicine, and a library at Brooks AFB which was named after him had to be renamed.

Summarised from : Hubertus Strughold - Wikipedia

Kurt Blome

This is where it gets interesting because it ties into the previous entry on Unit 731.

The U.S. Consul didn't allow him to leave Frankfurt for some reason, but he ended up working at the European Command Intelligence Center, Oberursel, Germany, for the US Army Chemical Corps, as part of Project 63, a successor to Paperclip. He worked on chemical warfare but had previously given the USA info on germ warfare for their own projects.

His history with the Nazi's has him involved in :

bacteriological warfare,
testing plague vaccines on concentration camp prisoners,
working with cholera, anthrax and typhoid,
tests that worked out how to give malaria to large groups of humans,
working with Unit 731 as the Japanese and Germans exchanged biological warfare information, which included working with the yellow fever virus.

Summarised from his wiki page, which includes this :

Blome's entire career deserves a great deal more study than it has thus far received, including his subsequent work to the United States on biological and chemical weapons and his acquittal of war crimes charges at the Nurmeberg 'Doctor's Trial' in 1946-47

Link : Kurt Blome - Wikipedia

Walter Schreiber

Studied medicine at Berlin, Tübingen, and Greifswald, graduating from the latter with a doctoral degree. He then joined the military in 1914, and the Nazi party in 1933. He was eventually captured in 1945 by the Russians, but escaped and presented himself to the Allies in 1948.

Then part of Paperclip in 1951, he ended up at the Air Force School of Medicine, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas.

Finally, his Nuremberg evidence was later published, which showed that he'd assigned others to experiment on concentration camp prisoners and made funds available to them, which meant the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency had to arrange for him to leave the country in 1952, and he ended up in Buenos Aires.

Walter Schreiber - Wikipedia

Another ATS thread for more on Paperclip : Operation Paperclip Casefile
edit on 18-4-2012 by robhines because: edits, typos, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
But if he is confirming conspiracies are real wouldn't the TPTB make him "disappear" after all he is revealing info

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
But if he is confirming conspiracies are real wouldn't the TPTB make him "disappear" after all he is revealing info

I think if anything had've happened to the creator of the show once things got rolling with this there'd have been a huge upsurge in finding out what was going on, so not really. Besides, once the show started all they knew was that Aliens were involved, they couldn't have possibly known (unless he told them of course!) what was going to follow and how intricate the whole mythology of the series would become.

Anyway, will be updating this soon hopefully, never intended to leave it this long and want to get back to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Interesting indeed, makes you wonder about a lot of things, that took place in the X-Files. I loved the show, although it just wasn't good/the same after Mulder left! and the last movie was horse #!

new topics

top topics

join