It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From The Deep South

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'm proud to present you with your very own ATS 2012 Tinfoil Hard-hat. Guaranteed to protect you from all falling celestial objects, including trolls. Wear it in good health.....

Des

Why, THANK you, Des. I shall wear it with pride and cherish it always.

Wait! What! Trolls?
edit on 4/18/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

If I were to say something like "This intro thread is stupid and you know nothing" I would be a troll. And a stupid one at that

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

Thanks, Bigfoot!

I see I have a lot more to learn than I even imagined

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

You'll meet the trolls later, just don't feed them! Save the bacon for the good guys.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

And there's plenty to be learned here.

You'll figure it out. It doesn't take too long
edit on 18-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by LadyJae

You'll meet the trolls later, just don't feed them! Save the bacon for the good guys.

LOL! Oh goodness! What a wonderful sense of humor. I'm so glad I decided to join.

rule #1 - wear tin-foil hard hat at all times
rule #2 - do not feed bacon to the trolls
rule #3 - keep salt shaker handy

Did I miss any?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
reply to post by LadyJae

And there's plenty to be learned here.

You'll figure it out. It doesn't take too long
edit on 18-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the encouragement, Bigfoot! Ooooh how I hope you're right.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Rule #4 Coffee goes in the mouth, not on the screen or keyboard

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by LadyJae

Rule #4 Coffee goes in the mouth, not on the screen or keyboard

Of course! How could I have forgotten that!?

(unfortunately, I have already broken that rule a time or two)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

No worries, we've ALL broken that rule at least once

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You've finally joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome LadyJae

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hello Johnny
Thank you for the welcome, the advice, and the list of links. They're most appreciated.

I must say, you're something of a legend here, and it's nice to "meet" you!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hello Johnny
Thank you for the welcome, the advice, and the list of links. They're most appreciated.

I must say, you're something of a legend here, and it's nice to "meet" you!

Now you've gone and done it...we're gonna have to deflate his head again. Do you know how big a group hug it takes to accomplish that....

Des

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Now you've gone and done it...we're gonna have to deflate his head again. Do you know how big a group hug it takes to accomplish that....

Des

LOL!! Des, you have a wonderful sense of humor as well as a kind heart. I'm so very glad to have met you

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hi Lady J, I just wanted to first say thanks for your reply on a recent post of mine, and I added you as a friend. I am from the deep south but recently I live way up north. I look forward to reading your threads, and being a good pal to ya here on ATS!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Hello, dear! I'm so glad to see you upbeat.

Thank you for your kind comments. I don't know that I'll ever work up nerve to post a thread of my own. lol

I'm honored to have you as a friend

J

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I am a "newbie" from the Deep South also...congratulations! I think we just became part of something bigger than ourselves. I have been visiting ATS for over a year now, I don't know about you, but something tells me Big Brother knows my IP address now.

Welcome to a fellow G.R.I.T.S

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DitGraveline

Thank you for the welcome, DitGraveline!

I've been visiting here for a couple of years too. I'm afraid if Big Brother tracks my doings, he's going to be very, very bored

J

top topics

<< 1   >>

join