It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted Again. God I'm Pathetic.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Hi sweetie,

My brother was a heroin addict for a long time and in order to help him i went to some seminars.
You have made the first step by recognizing your problem and you have asked for help.That's brave and it shows that you really want to get rid of the addiction.

One of the things that we've been told is that a person who was once an addict in any kind of substances,is very likely to return to the addiction,as it's not the substance that he/she craves,but most likely the feeling of relaxation and the "trip".So there is nothing pathetic about you falling back to the old habits.It happens to many people.

Try to find things that make you happy.When you feel that you need a booze,play a song that makes you happy.Play it loud and sing along.
Adopt a puppy or a cat,if you don't have one.The responsibility of taking care of someone else will help you stay clean.
Talk to your boyfriend and your family about the actual problems that made you start drinking again.Don'tkeep anything inside you.
Start a new hobbie,something that can take your mind away from the problems,even if it for a short time.

Why are things in this world so hard and stressful and expensive, and why am I so weak I let it all get me down and BAM Here I am back Addicted.

"Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol".The world we live in is hard and sometimes it makes more sense to me when i'm drunk,than when i'm sober.

We are all here for you to talk,to scream,to cry and hopefully to make you smile.And when you are free from it we will all throw a big online party for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Satron, I understood what you were trying to say from the get go. No offense to Rising Against, but he took it wrong and attacked you, then a bunch of people borrowed his interpretation instead of thinking for themselves.

No offense to anyone, but you guys need to think for yourselves. One person misinterpreted someone's truthful and sympathetic reply, then two pages are spent trashing the person who didn't even do anything wrong. All because we choose heroes and side with them without using our own brains..

I think Satron is right - I've had threads that were less blatant than this and weren't even talking about personal use that were instantly canned. There is a reason I phrased my original response the way I did, and that's because my experience on ATS is that any thread about drug use is deleted. Using Xanax without a prescription is drug use. Alcohol is a legal drug. Tobacco is a drug. Caffeine is a drug.

I don't understand why it's acceptable to discuss illegally using a prescription drug but we cannot discuss legally (in some states) another prescription drug. It really is a double standard.

My post will probably get deleted too - but if it's off topic so is EVERY single post relating to Satron's original comment. Especially the ones calling his remarks "idiotic." That is unfair and based on a misunderstanding.

I thought the idea was to not allow ANY of these conversations because they invariably turn to conversations of illegal use, which is exactly what this thread has done. I think Satron was just quicker than the rest in pointing that out in his first response.
edit on 19-4-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

No offense to Rising Against, but he took it wrong and attacked you, then a bunch of people borrowed his interpretation instead of thinking for themselves.

I attacked his post, not him. There's a great difference between the two. And no, members of ATS can think for themselves thank you very much. Going down the route of blaming me for everyone disagreeing with Satron is just a very poor attempt to excuse his behavior really. And sorry but no, people just aren't going to fall for that.

His, Satrons, first post was extremely insensitive and also completely unnecessary, not to forget unwanted as pointed out by the OP, and he basically told her that nobody here cares about her problems and she should shut up about them, obviously not using those exact words though, and as I consider the OP a friend, I stood up for her. Simple as that. Satron was out of line with what he said. It's sadly the downside of the internet - feeling safe to say whatever comes to mind, no matter how rude, knowing their's no real repercussions.

If Satron actually showed some compassion instead of asking like a jerk, which is what he was acting like originally as pointed out by multiple people, not just me, I wouldn't have had to reply to him in such a way. But he did act like that. It was wrong and messed up, especially taking into consideration what he was replying to.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Satron and whomever can say what they want. I want to say Day one has been hard, but a success and I have to say ATS MEMBERS You guys are the greatest and truely have HELPED me so much and touched my heart. Gave me Hope. Promise my next thread, want be about myself, I wasn't trying to get pity or break any rules. I actually want to be on here for the same reason as everyone else and thats discovering the truth and to deny ignorance, like the ATS motto says. Just needed to reach out and something brought me online to here. And I am thankful for whatever that reason was, and ATS, and my ATS friends and supporters! With Love, K, or Ops4OPs (My name on here is a combination I came up with dealing with Bob Lazars Claim of S-4) I am still wondering its location and was researching it, calling it my Operation S-4 Research) Had no idea OP was a regular reference to the thread posters. ha ha! See I am laughing again already!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

I attacked his post, not him.

Well
There's a great difference between the two.

And what is that? You did attack me, but I really don't care. I care more that my words were bent even after I tried explaining them further.

And no, members of ATS can think for themselves thank you very much.

But you sound like you don't like people that think a little too much.

Going down the route of blaming me for everyone disagreeing with Satron is just a very poor attempt to excuse his behavior really. And sorry but no, people just aren't going to fall for that.

You might be the reason everyone did. I mean, I had messages in this thread directed at me well after my posts were taken down.

His, Satrons, first post was extremely insensitive and also completely unnecessary, not to forget unwanted as pointed out by the OP, and he basically told her that nobody here cares about her problems and she should shut up about them, obviously not using those exact words though,

Oh, and what were my words exactly? You seem to remember so well. Do you remember me trying to explain why I said I did. Oh, I get it. You forgot.

Satron was out of line with what he said. It's sadly the downside of the internet

What I said I did say in haste, as I thought the thread was going to be canned. Note that I wasn't being sarcastic when I said "S n F!" at the very end of the message, because I do empathize with the OP.

- feeling safe to say whatever comes to mind, no matter how rude, knowing their's no real repercussions.

And what kind of repercussions do you think should be in store for me?

If Satron actually showed some compassion instead of asking like a jerk, which is what he was acting like originally as pointed out by multiple people, not just me, I wouldn't have had to reply to him in such a way.

But I was trying to show it was construed it the wrong way. I further explained why I said that, yet it doesn't seem to help.

What people here don't realize is that threads like this do get deleted without maybe a half-a-dozen people looking at it before a mod takes it down. And when I come across a thread like that, one that I think is going to be taken down for a similar subject, I give a quick message along the lines,

"You do have a real problem, sucks they are going to take this thread down!

S n F!

I star and flag the threads to show my solidarity with them, even if they exists for only a short time.

And I'll continue to do it.

Maybe you need to consider a little bit more about what I said. I wonder if the people whose threads were taken down for their real problems, (problems more or less worse than what the OP is going through) seen what you said and think you are the jerk. Now I'm not saying you are, but you need to consider that.

OP, you are lucky that your thread got heard and you are lucky that it got heard by people that are compassionate.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Really
Please Just Go

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

edit on 20/4/12 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Maybe you need to consider a little bit more about what I said.

satron, maybe you need to consider the OP's feelings...
and leave this thread. just leave.
lets see if you can do that without another post

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Any word from the OP lately...hope all is well...or getting well at least!

Everyday is a new day...a new wake up...and a new start to the rest of your life...we all should make the best of it!

Day one...everyday...I'll start mine with some coffee...a bit of ATS...and a hopeful mind for my fellow ATS member struggling to overcome adversity!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
And still they fail to understand what you were saying, Satron.

Sure people CAN think for themselves, it doesn't mean they DO.

Satron wasn't being insensitive, he was warning the OP that her post might be deleted. That is ALL he was doing. You're failed comprehension is why you are ridiculing him, not his intentions. He wasn't saying anything negative at all to the OP, in fact he was supporting her but also warning that this thread was going to be deleted. In my opinion that was a fair assumption.

I mean people are talking about the H word in here, and illegal use of prescription pills, both CLEARLY AGAINST ATS T&C. That's all he was doing - warning. You mistook his FRIENDLY warning as "insensitive" when he wasn't even really commenting on the OP's post from a personal level, he was telling her what to expect from ATS moderators.

So next time please read what someone is actually saying (even if it's poorly worded and not clear) before you go off attacking them. RA - people really did jump on your bandwagon. You misinterpreted and then everyone used your interpretation. That is clearly what happened, if you don't believe me go read this thread from page 1.

I've always had a lot of respect for you Rising Against, you're clearly a very intelligent person and you always post amazing stuff, but this time you made a mistake.. That's all I'm saying.

The first RUDE comment on the thread is yours, when you call his post "idiotic." Again, it wasn't idiotic, jsut misunderstood.

I doubt any of you even remember exactly what was said. Satron has attempted to explain and you've all closed your doors to him. This site is no better than the regular world when it comes to the percentage of people willing to look beyond their original knee jerk reaction.

I know you're going to disagree because it sucks admitting you're wrong. Hard to do much about it with the original post missing, but all Satron was saying is exactly what I was implying in my first post, and saying directly in my second. This is a grey area topic, and very well may have been deleted. I'm not interested in arguing the point, I'm just clarifying to you what I saw from an outside perspective. I watched the whole thing roll out without bias (in fact coming in to this I knew how RA was and respected him, had no idea who Satron was) for what that's worth. I'm not trying to start a fight with you, just trying to help clear up a misunderstanding.

I think because you're such a respected member the mod responded without giving it much thought too.

"unwanted" posts are no reason to delete them. When you choose to reveal information in a public medium you are accepting that people are going to comment. This is all a moot point anything because his post was only "unwanted" because people misinterpreted it, not because of the actual intent of the post. If his post was still here, we could weigh it against ATS T&C:

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

This is the only part of the terms I can find that address behavior, and Satron's post was none of these things. On the other hand you immediately called his post "idiotic" when it was clearly misunderstood.. I don't think your post really falls under these terms either, but it's definitely closer than his was.

On the other hand:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination. i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Sorry, but I'm a sucker for justice and hate watching someone get victimized, especially over a simple misunderstanding. Using prescription drugs illegally is still "illicit use." If we're going to start deleting posts based on interpretations than we should be deleting entire threads for CLEAR VIOLATIONS OF ATS POLICY.

I cannot stand a double standard.

edit on 20-4-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Good Morning Ops4Ops...it's Friday...hope you are staying the course....I'm still here with, and for you.

Check in and say hello to us. Is there anything I can do to help you on your Journey....post a funny pic, an inspirational story....what would you like.

((((((Ops4Ops))))))

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OP - I had issues in the past. I was able to move to another state for a year and I think that year saved my life.

My only ties back then lasted no more than a few weeks at a time and weren't important so it was hard to leave but not impossible. Your situation might be different but I really think that is an almost fool-proof way to conquer addiction - Completely removing yourself from the environment that allows/encourages the problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Good morning, Ops.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know you're on my mind and in my heart.

I hope this day finds you encouraged and motivated.

J

edit on 4/20/2012 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
You mistook his FRIENDLY warning as "insensitive" when he wasn't even really commenting on the OP's post from a personal level, he was telling her what to expect from ATS moderators.

Really? Did you see his first post?

Didn't look too friendly to me.

So somebody pours their heart out and asks for advice, help, a friend... a shoulder... and you think it's friendly, for the first thing you say to that person is that they shouldn't have posted it because nobody cares and that it isn't allowed on ATS..... that's friendly?

You might as well tell the person laying in the road after a heart attack that would he mind moving as he's blocking the road?

It's just stupid and insensitive

No..

What's Friendly would have been to offer some advice, sympathy, ask how she was feeling now... that kind of thing and also say, be careful, these topics often get closed down so just stick to your feelings rather than what you're taking.

NOT be so cold, heartless and cruel as to just shoot her down and make out that nobody on ATS cares... whether people misconstrued, misinterpreted or not... or whether the first post was nasty, cruel and callous.... the fact that this idiot has trolled this thread and will not STFU and stop making it about himself, shows his intent.

How you can defend or excuse that is beyond me.

Why don't you 2 go make a thread together..

edit on 20/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

He wasn't literally speaking when he said nobody cares. Have you thought perhaps he had posted a similar thread in the past and it was closed? Maybe Satron legitimately believes no one on ATS cares because of his personal experience on ATS in the past. You're scorning someone for a perceived lack of sensitivity when you guys all (the herd) are slamming him in the most insensitive way imaginable because you weren't perceptive/sensitive enough to see the truth of what he was saying.

If you were in an AA meeting, and a new member came in and replied to someone "no one here cares about your addiction" would you kick him out of the meeting or would you try to find out why he feels like no one cares? Would you be perceptive enough to realize that that person feels like no one cares about THEIR problem and so they won't care about YOURS? I think an effective drug counselor would be perceptive and "sensitive" enough to see that this person is making these comments for a reason, and while they could me misinterpreted as an insult it is instead a way of telling their own personal experience.

It's hard to pick up on sarcasm but not that hard if you pay attention.

It was basically "sorry to hear that OP, but no one on ats cares and your thread is about to get closed" This was particularly clear because he told the OP he starred and flagged her thread in his first comment.

It wasn't supposed to be "haha, in your face" but rather kind of sarcastic joviality. It doesn't take a particularly perceptive person to realize this. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE CLARIFIED IN HIS NEXT POST! If you read my first post in this thread - the ONLY reason I mentioned the thread getting possibly closed is because I understood what Satron was saying.

I'm sincerely sorry you guys did not.

I hope you all can see the irony here - you're condemning someone for being "insensitive" while you continue to refuse to address your own insensitivity. After the original comment was misinterpreted Satron tried to make peace by explaining his comments. No one has been sensitive in accepting their misunderstanding and making peace (except Satron, who has been trying to make peace the entire thread). Instead you put up a wall and make war.

I don't even know Satron. Never talked to him/her before, etc. As I said earlier I'm not defending a friend, just pointing out a lynching that occurred after people failed to read between the lines.

I don't know how much more clear I can be explaining this - so I'm just going to refrain from commenting further. Either you get it or you don't, and I guess since you guys are the majority you really have nothing at all to lose continuing to believe that Satron is a huge jerk and you're all Mother Teresa. The self-feeding monster is hungry for arbitrary stars.

I still think it's blatant hypocrisy that someone would report Satron for sarcasm and their own poor comprehension, but not the entire thread for a very clear violation of T&C. But hey, I guess we're all guilty of treating our friends better than strangers.
edit on 20-4-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What you are missing is this thread is about, and by, the OP. Not satron. Though he has repeatedly tried to make it about him. Someone suggested you and satron start your own thread with your concerns, not take away from the positive reinforcement the rest of us are trying to offer the OP. I would hope you can drop your agenda, and focus on giving compassionate support to the OP, who needs it. Satron is a big boy and can take care of himself...you don't need to clean up his messes, nor add to them. JMOHO

Des

edit on 20-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks for back me up, but actually what I was getting at in my OP was the fact that the mods and staff here will delete most threads about drug use. That is who I was referring to as who didn't care. But it's not that they don't care, it's that they don't want to hear it. Of course there will be people that care, but how can they care about someone's problem in a thread that gets deleted? They don't want to hear it because it's a part of the T&C here, some might care or not, but all of them don't want to hear it, because that's what they are here for, to make sure the posts don't violate the T&C.

I'm sorry to everyone who felt like my post was out of line, especially to the OP, but I've stated my case pretty clearly, and I don't see how any further misunderstandings could arise.

If you want to beat me down further go ahead. Maybe it will make the OP feel better.
edit on 20-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Ya know satron...you were doing pretty good in your last post....until, your last sentence, and poke at the OP.

Keep trying, compassion feels good once you get it down....

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by satron

Ya know satron...you were doing pretty good in your last post....until, your last sentence, and poke at the OP.

Keep trying, compassion feels good once you get it down....

Des

It wasn't a poke. Maybe the OP enjoys the unity against me? Don't you feel better when people show their solidarity with you?

Again, I'm being misconstrued.

If you don't want this thread to be about me, then quit talking to me and quit referring to me.

It wouldn't seem like it was about me if you'd just let it go.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by blupblup

He wasn't literally speaking when he said nobody cares. Have you thought perhaps he had posted a similar thread in the past and it was closed? Maybe Satron legitimately believes no one on ATS cares because of his personal experience on ATS in the past. You're scorning someone for a perceived lack of sensitivity when you guys all (the herd) are slamming him in the most insensitive way imaginable because you weren't perceptive/sensitive enough to see the truth of what he was saying.

Of course I thought that, it was my first though.... either he or someone else whose thread he was participating in had their thread closed and now he's bitter... right?

So what better way to get your feelings on the matter heard than to be an ass on someone else's thread

I'm not part of any large group or heard... I spoke up before I even read anyone else's post.
I read the OP and then saw the first comment was from the moron... and that was it, I had to say something.

I then went back and looked through the rest of the replies and posts on this thread.

It's not about being perceptive, intuitive, lacking in sarcasm detection or whatever other crap you want to try and talk about..

It is about decency.... a decent person does not treat someone that way.

The OP did not deserve the first words she heard to be "Nobody cares" even if it was in protest or a sarcastic dig at the drug rules of ATS.

I'm not an idiot and I'm fully aware of the things you're alluding to.... however, it's all irrelevant when you boil it down.... the fact is the first comment made to the OP was a petty, nasty and stupid one.
However you want to dress it up, that is a FACT

edit on 20/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join