It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing The Right To Think, One Public Crisis At A Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
disquietreservations.blogspot.com...

Just read this article, and found it interesting. A lot of it make sense to me. Looking at whats going on in the world, it wouldn’t surprise me if thinking becomes against the law.

This is my favorite paragraph.

Davis's words in 1953 have even more currency in 2012. Without the freedom of the mind and the right to think, life is not worth living. What we call life today is a shadow of what life and this world could be. The general thoughtlessness of people and the power of totalitarian governments to bend reality and reshape minds in the service of evil and destruction is bringing our world to the brink of catastrophe. Let's hope that people everywhere stop listening to governments and begin thinking for themselves

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Does it not seem the slightest bit odd to you that you are complaining of "totalitarian goverments" and expressing fears about your right to think on a forum where you can say pretty much what you like if you keep it civil ?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

You seem to imply that he should not have to think about or discuss this matter here because you feel it redundant and unnecessary. Is that not an attempt to limit his range of expression?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

I am not attempting to limit his range of expression; just merely commenting on it. Personally I think there is too much hand-wringing about loss of freedom from people enjoying more freedom than most in history. I doubt that any poster on here actually lives under a totalitarian regime and a forum on which you can post what you like seems a particularly odd place to express fears about being able to think.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
reply to post by maxella1

Does it not seem the slightest bit odd to you that you are complaining of "totalitarian goverments" and expressing fears about your right to think on a forum where you can say pretty much what you like if you keep it civil ?

It seems slightly odd to me that you think I’m complaining.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

What didn't you like about the article?

top topics

join