It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did The Fearmongering Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So what happened?

Did all you professional fear-mongers go back into hiding?

There was supposed to be a 6 nuclear wars three-and-a-half months ago along with 4 alien invasions.
Tell me, since your predictions didn't come true, what will your imagination come up with next?

My real question is why do people constantly make pointless threads like this one I made? They make threads saying "The end is near" EVERYDAY. Why? I'll admit, after seeing it so many times it can scare you a bit, but after so many failed predictions I've started taking everything with a grain of salt from this place.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
yea we are in 2012 now and i'm surprised there arent more 2012 threads or news in the media? no evidence of planet x or nibiru? well summer is right around the corner and we have yet to see what kind of riots and protests that will bring not to mention extreme heat that we are supposedly gonna get.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What other reason to create them than to begin a new trend in conspiracy theories....desensitization to an actual event happening.

Think about it. All the fear-mongerers are just government agencies posting crazy fear mongering threads on conspiracy forums like ATS just to get everyone "used to" the thought so when it does actually happen and they do post about it, nobody will believe.

And WHAM....a new conspiracy is born.....so, what agency should we decide is the main contributor to desensitizing the world population through fear mongering?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It seems like you missed them

second line

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Well then why did you make this thread? It makes you infinitely less useful than those that post everything that comes down the pipeline. You have just been demoted to complainer. Congratulations sir.
edit on 18/4/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
My real question is why do people constantly make pointless threads like this one I made? They make threads saying "The end is near" EVERYDAY. Why? I'll admit, after seeing it so many times it can scare you a bit, but after so many failed predictions I've started taking everything with a grain of salt from this place.

LOLZ. No not government paid shills like some people on here believe. It's really simple actually. these same people have the same mentality as those biblical rapture people like Harold Camping and cultish folks like the heaven's gate. I have posted WWIII stuff but that's only based on facts! Not crazy predictions.

I agree with you about this site though. It's quite laughable. Sometimes I go on here just to read the funny posts or replies that I get.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

It would help if you would mention which subjects you are talking about. For instance, in this forum there are threads who are important in world politics, and fairly reasonable and good subjects to talk about.

If you are talking about threads that label things like the Illuminati and stuff like that, your thread is a bit pointless. Bad threads exist anywhere.

My real question is why do people constantly make pointless threads like this one I made?

Because they want to share or talk about subjects that are important to them. Exactly like you did. Your thread is as pointless as any of the threads you points fingers at... Whatever those are, since you didn't name them.

They make threads saying "The end is near" EVERYDAY. Why?

Because some people like to live on the edge of fear. To some, there are apocalyptic books that fulfill that fantasy, to others, making speculation and debates in a forum gives them the fear kick.

I'm neither, by the way.

Personally, war talk is not that bad. You get rotten apples, but not as many as other subjects.

I'll admit, after seeing it so many times it can scare you a bit, but after so many failed predictions I've started taking everything with a grain of salt from this place.

What I don't understand is why people make uneducated arguments, or base their life on a belief system that is as reliable as any other type of prediction.

You shouldn't need to see X amount of failed prophecies to know they are full of crap. You can guess, speculate, present multiple, plausible scenarios. But prophecies and predictions are as solid as the knowledge people have when making them: not very much.

You should however, be able to know what BS is and isn't. If someone tells you that there is a possibility of a certain political situation to escalate into armed conflict, they are not being ridiculous, they are giving an opinion on what could happen after certain actions. And usually, the quality of the prediction or possible scenario is as strong as the evidence, or reasonable arguments given to back it up.

But if someone comes and tells you that the world is going to end because the russians just moved tanks to a yard, and that will escalate into a nuclear war because the west doesn't like brown people... Yeaaahh... That's usually BS.

It's your responsibility to judge what you read, and what type of information your accept to form your opinions.

Making threads pointing fingers at people is a bit irrelevant and portrays you in a bad manner, as good intentioned as you might be.
edit on 18/4/12 by Tifozi because: typos

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

All the fear-mongerers are just government agencies posting crazy fear mongering threads on conspiracy forums like ATS just to get everyone "used to" the thought so when it does actually happen and they do post about it, nobody will believe.

I'd like to see the evidence you based that claim on. Do you have any? I'll bet you don't!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Fearmongering has been put on hold due to the fact that the skies are cloudless, it's a beautiful day out and there is a nice breeze.

Normal fearmongering will resume as soon as it gets too hot or it rains again.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
yea we are in 2012 now and i'm surprised there arent more 2012 threads or news in the media? no evidence of planet x or nibiru? well summer is right around the corner and we have yet to see what kind of riots and protests that will bring not to mention extreme heat that we are supposedly gonna get.

Not enough 2012 threads for your liking?
Just wait till the final few months on the year, the few months leading up to December..
Then the nutters will go berserk with theories and threads to tell everyone about their theories.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Fearmongering - hummm, I dont know if this qualifies but what the heck - I will give it a try.
please excuse my facts as pure fantasy: I had the pleasure of listening to Talk Radio today
and a caller made several most interesting points: and wham bam Vision Time ... 3rd week of May in Chicago -
remember 911 - they kept mentioning Sears Tower - the same owner as the World Trade Center --- Hummm
remember Obama's Ballerina Major - chief of staff - over coming all odds and becoming mayor of Chicago -- Hummm
LibraryTower Chicago residents given flyers suggesting they moving out for the conference/G20 summit May 19 - 21st or what ever it is coming those days... Several reports of foreign military vehicles, previously known as enemies.
Chinese and now I got a report of May exercises with Russian - US Air borne holding terror drills in Colorado ...
NDAA - among other illegal crap --- UN Small arms treaty -- Americans buying 5million guns a year --- DHS buying all available rounds and placing a several haunred million round orders... and pst... the one that tells me most is....
the whole financial sector has been very quite - scarily quite, -- and I got a tip Argentina is about to go belly up again.

I dont know - if that is fear mongering - but my spidee senses are telling me another False Flag is in the works....
Now be very very scared - this is fear mongering with Facts.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its the calm before the storm

sec

li

n

top topics

join