It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I meet some people like me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This thread is going to be very simple. I'm a normal, laid back guy. I consider myself social and as outgoing as they come. I love my friends. They are my extended family. But I am fundamentally different than most of them in terms of my main interests. Any time I try to bring up and "ATSish" topic they roll their eyes and call me crazy. I understand where they're coming from because that used to be me. But my mindset and priorities have shifted significantly since college. I'm on ATS so often because this is the only place I feel like I can be around like-minded people. I enjoy people who would rather learn about quantum physics than watch Jersey Shore, or people who would rather debate politics then watch a football game and get drunk. So my question is, what can I do or where can I go to meet some "ATS-like" people? I want to have some of these critical thinking, worldly people in my life. It's frustrating only being able to have worthwhile discussions online. Normal everyday conversations about things that no longer stimulate my brain aren't going to cut it anymore. It's not good enough for me. Any suggestions?
edit on 18-4-2012 by seberhar because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

You should have taken the blue pill ....too late now ..your a misfit to mr. joe public ...peace and good luck

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I thought I was going crazy for a minute, thought I had typed this, because that sounds just like my life! All jokes aside though - No, I think the place your thinking of is Utopia, or Heaven. If you find out where it is, let me know!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You'll find like minded people but only when you let others know what's on your mind.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll meet more than a few individuals like yourself and us here at ATS.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Haha the blue pill is what's wrong with this country. I've never felt so interested in the world around me and how it works. College tends to distract you from things that ACTUALLY matter lol. I would just like to have some friends that I could bring up something like ancient astronaut theory or string theory and have a long discussion about it. My friends just think I'm weird for caring about those sorts of things. Try telling a bunch of ex frat guys that you would rather watch your Ancient Aliens DVD then go day drinking in the city lol. Their (and my former) idea of a stimulating day just aren't the same anymore. Don't get me wrong I still like going out and having fun, but I need balance in what I feed my brain. Caring about reality TV and drinking games just seems so pointless and fake to me now. I need some real, intelligent human interaction.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

Haha will do

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Idaho. I've been all over the country but this is where I stayed. It seems like the last bastion of individual freedom and the people have so much personality it was like going to a different country. The air and water are clean, farmers refuse to bow to Monsanto and I could have an intelligent conversation with almost anyone. People on the street corner here had more understanding and critical thinking than all of my big city friends combined. I've lived in fifteen states in my forty five years but won't leave this one.

Anywho. You aren't alone, there are people like you, we have a tendency to lay low for the same reasons you would. You know, fear of the labels, or the snap judgements of the indoctrinated. I don't know if it helps, but it did help me.

Good luck on your search, sir

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

Thanks for the reply! I got the same sense when I was in Denver last summer. Being around people who's priorities weren't what shoes to wear or what to watch on tv was refreshing. I think I may need to plan a trip to Idaho!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Anyone have any suggestions or clubs or groups I could get involved with that might involve some of these like-minded people? I'm really hoping someone has something. We're here to help each other right?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its funny, i use to be one of those people that are like, wow ur crazy, government isnt holding back truth. but that don't mean im a conspiracy nut, i just have more questions now.

But you are right, you gotta be careful when you mention things relating to stuff on ATS, someone people like their normal life without thinking too much, and they been told by others that people who ask questions are crazy.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bookstores...where people are who READ...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You have to find a conspiracy that your friends would be interested in... Get em hooked

When they start talking about football one night...

Bring this up....

new topics

top topics

join