It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Raid Wrong House and Kill Family Dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Officers shot my friends pit bull behind a fence for no reason. If an officer shot my dog, I would kill the officer at the first chance. That officer should be jailed for at least 5 years. Why aren't we holding them responsible? Suing for tax payer money won't change a things.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I would not kill a dog that was protecting his property and/or owner (which is what dogs are supposed to do) if it just nipped me as most dog bites are. I have been bit by dogs before (once by a german shepherd that chased me riding my bike on the street as a 10 yr old and another while breaking up a dogfight). They are no fun but to kill a family pet in such a situation is the act of a coward. Now if your life is being threatebed by a large guard dog (german shepherd, doberman pincher or rottweiller) then that is understandable. But the dog did not bite the officer (he will say "yet"). What a coward. What would happen if a 10 yr old kid in the next room, distraught over the family dog being shot dead, went after the officer with a lamp or something and the officer "felt threatened" by the kid? Talk about the potential for escalating a tragedy......

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
... but he was innocent at least then and the police came into his home anyway and killed an innocent man's dog..

The majority of the population is all too happy living with that chance.

We tolerate a speeding cruiser plowing into our teenage children at an intersection.
We tolerate no-knock warrants getting people killed.
We tolerate wrong address raids getting people killed.
We tolerate the "occasional" bad apple stalking, harassing, kidnapping, raping and killing with the help of police resources.
We tolerate the worlds largest police union marching in the streets demanding "professional privilege."
We tolerate profiling and harassment not only motivated by personal bigotry but as an institutionally mandated practice.

We tolerate all that and whole lot more.

Because the cops keep us safe.

Of course that same population can't tolerate some person in their own home getting high. That's just too dangerous for society. So we send in a paramilitary force to beat them, shoot their dog, drag them into the street and confiscate their personal property.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

We live in a semi rural area and had to call 911 one night with prowlers on the property. The officer climbed over the locked gate and my 6 mo old collie came running up wagging his tail. He asked does he bite as he put his hand on his taser pistol and dog didnt attack the officer so he never drew it from his holster. I was holding a loaded spas-12 shotgun so that might have had something to do with his choice of reaching for his taser over his handgun and his decision not to use it. It looked like the local police protocol is to taz dogs that approach an officer rather than kill them but neither was necessary in the case being reported (as it wasnt in my case either).

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It has to be a standing order to kill dogs. All dogs. The frequency of it happening over just about anything can't be due to anything else. - Thisguyrighthere

Got to wonder
starred that quote.

This is now happening so often it's not funny.

Kill my dogs, (both are not big or threatening in the least) but kill my dogs, and I swear that officer will never be able to kill another and that is not a threat, it's a promise.

"It's only a dog"

Now days, with satellite GPS there is no excuse for getting a wrong address.

Also, before a "sting" aren't these cops suppose to be staking out a house??????

If this is indeed the full story this was wrong on so many levels.

What is going on?

It's almost like some people in positions of authority are wearing human suits but have no human soul within them.

Like zombies.

I use to laugh at anyone that even read, watched or thought about zombie movies, books, etc, but now, I'm not laughing any more.

Zombies are people who no longer have a soul, their soul - their body like a car is being driven by again I am speculating, don't have enough data to believe, their car (body) may be being driven by another entity.

We wear these suits called bodies, once we channel, open our third eye, astral travel, remote view, there is the possibility if you do not know what you are doing you may have a "visitor" take over your 3d suit (body).

Or it could simply be some people are really mean mfs.

Watching L.A. Marzulli's videos, very interesting concepts.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Again?

This seems to happen every few months.

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How is it that it's SOP for officers to have the authority to kill a pet when raiding a house? Did some legislation pass that we don't know about?
edit on 18/4/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know what I would be tempted to do....but wont post it here for obvious reasons. But I do consider my dogs members of my family so I will leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity you always have something significant to add to any discussion.

Not only does your reply add value but also, dogs, of all animals are very pure beings - they are able to love unconditionally, in many ways dogs are (this is just my own humble opinion but Mark Twain agrees with me), dogs have more noble characteristics than most humans.

Dogs are truly our best friends, they have sniffed for bombs, looked for bodies after a disaster, sniff for cancer, lost people, help the police, assist the handicap and not to under mind the fact that I've seen dogs bring out the best in many humans because they are such remarkable and loving creatures.

Usually if a dog is neurotic or mean, either they were born three cans of a six pack (brain damaged) or a human trained them to be mean and aggressive.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by all6ixes

That officer should be jailed for at least 5 years

If a policeman shot either of my dogs, one is 20 pounds and the other 45 and both are not threatening, that cop would not make it to trial.

Again, that is not a threat, but a real promise.

I keep my dogs next to me, they are either in our fenced in back yard (with me supervising, right out there) or on a leash for their daily walk.

I make sure they do not poop in anyone else's yard, or bark.

Anyone harming my dogs - will never make it to trial.

My heart goes out to your neighbor.

Don't police carry tasers or spray???

My husband was jogging, had a Rot almost bite him, called the police and they blocked the Rot in a corner with their cars, stayed in the cars and Animal Control came and got the dog.

Where I live the police handle stuff (so far) a lot more logically then else where.

Maybe police should now carry tranquilizer darts/guns???

That might work better for people as well.

Dogs (and cats) have no rights (just like children) because they have no votes or don't work and pay taxes.

They are "useless eaters" so are the elderly.

Sad, the way our civilized countries are headed.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain any LEO can fire on any dog for displaying any threatening behavior, like a bark or growl.

And since most serial killers begin with animals, wouldn't it just be the best if a LEO was a LEO to get their practice on? Super-neat! Bring out the dawgs!

In my opinion, it's negligent homicide, and it's worthy of trial. Slippery slope it is, and perhaps the best chances for trial are on the charges of destruction of property with fines, no time.

Of course, kill a police dog, and you're a cop-killer. This LEO will be elevated by his contemporaries as "just doing his job", and that's all he's going to give a rat's [sic] about. Social approval will trump ethics, like it always does. The beat goes on...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It has to be a standing order to kill dogs. All dogs. The frequency of it happening over just about anything can't be due to anything else.

The best part is that the only people who will suffer are the folks who loved that dog and taxpayers when the city eventually settles the lawsuit for $300,000 that will come of this.

The morons who cant get an address right with all the satellites and psycho big brother tracking equipment in the world at their disposal just brush it off as another typographical error. A simple clerical mistake.

I do agree on some things. This could have prevented in many, many ways. The citizens will probably have to pay to settle out of court with more taxes. But, big but, in terms of the address, it wasn't the cops or 911's fault this time. The person who called to tell police there was a domestic disturbance (Caller reported woman running away from a man who seemed drunk or they seemed drunk I forget.) gave 911 the wrong address. The cops responded to the address given to them by the samaritan who was only trying to help the woman. It is a huge tragedy. I don't think the dog needed to be killed. In the dashboard cam, the oner is clearly heard saying, "Why'd you shoot my dog?" To which the cop replied you should have locked it up and the owner answered you want my hands in the air, or lock up my dog? Which is it?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Wow, that cop sounds like he has NO SENSE! No one that lame should be allowed to carry a gun.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Thanks for posting the vid.

BTW: irrelevant who called it in or who gave who the wrong address. The PoS cop was loaded and ready. You can see on the vid that he went for his weapon as soon as he walked across the front of his patrol car. This was before he encountered anyone so he was spoiling for a fight. He wanted to show his AUTHORI-TAH.

You can hear the incident where he just blasts the dog within less than a second. Then blames the owner for being in his own back yard with his own dog.

This PoS cop should be fired immediately. He is a liar and was there looking for a fight. Cops are not there to go kicking peoples asses. They are there for protection. All they had was a good sumeritan call and this guy goes in guns blazing? Who knows, probably some old busy body thought they overheard something and called the police. How does that type of call warrant going in gun ready?

This guy is trigger happy and an example needs to be made of him. He should be fired, charged and tried for illegal discharge of a firearm, trespassing, reckless endangerment, and whatever else they can find. You would be.

ETA: another vid

edit on 18-4-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

ETA2: He obviously loved his dog

edit on 18-4-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
New Info

In this ABC page the chief of police makes a weak apology and then excuses the officer because he was just doing his job. Basically just blows the whole thing off.

What a tool.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Article doesn't say much.There's a correction though,the officer never entered the guys house.

"I yelled for the officer to not shoot my dog, that he will not bite, but the officer immediately shot and killed my dog right in front of me."

I doubt he immediately shot the dog.The dog was probably aggressive and went after the cop.I doubt he shot the dog for just barking at him.Need more facts.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

That's why I've just started wiring camera's all over my house and property. I plan to do my car up also. I decided that it's stupid not to, even if it is against the law. I also plan to stream the data away from my location.

Illegal or not, an unknown video released before a trial, would make things very interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I admire the dog owners calm. If a police officer came into my property and shot my dog, they would have to take me away in an ambulance. I would be so devastated. I certainly would not be able to follow the officers instructions - like this guy did. My first thought would be to get to my dog - if I was shot doing it - so be it. There should be an investigation into this - but it won't help - the dog is dead.

It is just so sad to see this happen. I really feel for the guy. To have one's best friend shot right in front of you is bad enough - but then to have to comply with the officers directions afterwards - no way. The officer just doesn't deserve my respect.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Suddenly, I've lost all respect for the law enforcement in this country. I don't trust them at all anymore. The more I realize how blatantly they abuse their authority, and suffer no or inadequate consequences, the more I wonder what can be done. Sadly, it seems like nothing.

To serve and protect. What bull.
edit on 19-4-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Come on, give the police a break, most of us know they are too stupid to be able to read and can't hear for #, so wrong address incidents are bound to happen, And if we take away the police force, then what are we going to do with them. They certainly can not work any place in the real world, because reading and writing are required.
I suppose we could institutionalize them.(/sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Here is a follow up in the media with some links to other stories of family dogs killed by pussy police:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join