It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10+ Reasons Not To Re-Elect Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by TheTardis

And you dont think 9/11 had any part in that? We hit rock bottom after that.

Actually no, we didn't hit rock bottom
We went through a blip of downturn during the uncertainty, but it was just that, a blip.

Thats funny because right after 9/11 stocks took a dive and my parents lost almost all of their retirement and my mom had to go back to work shortly thereafter. But if 9/11 didnt send us into a nose dive then I would like to know what did. Maybe you can enlighten me on the exact cause because as far as I am concerned when those towers came down our stock market went with them. Maybe I am remembering it wrong, that was a decade ago but they sure seemed to go hand in hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Until everyone is fully awake and aware, this is all thoughtless rhetoric! The people who take the seat in the oval office are figure-heads! We can argue all we want about policies and agendas of politicians but they are facades in the political game. As long as we get actors from the two parties, the same people will always be in charge!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Since you say what you say in your OP, why not change the title to "10+ Reasons not to vote for Obama or Romney."

By saying not to re-elect Obama, you basically default to Romney, which happens to be even worse!

I feel like I already answered this question in my OP. You see it as a default to Romney, I don't. I understand your position though. Once again though, I feel like I have already addressed that in the OP.

Romney deserves his own thread as to why I won't be voting for him and why I think nobody else should either. When I have had the opportunity to apply the necessary amount of time to create a valuable list, I will do so.
edit on 18-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

You are right about it deserving its own thread!

My concern is the same as my concern with MSM coverage. Too many people only read the headline. Your headline says 10+ reasons not to re-elect Obama. To the average reader that won't get past the headline, you have endorsed Romney, when in fact that is not true. The people who will assume you have endorsed Romney will far outnumber the amount of people that will take the time to read your entire post.

Sad situation, not your fault, but headlines sometimes have unintended consequences.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It is hilarious that you think people don't get medical care because they can't afford it. You do realize it is already against the law for a hospital to turn patients away? Your grasp of reality is astounding.

Keep challenging me on my Romney comments all you want to, I will make the thread when I am good and ready. For a Obama fan, you sure do like to bully people around. I thought you folks were trying to outlaw bullying?

I doubt you will give me an apology when the thread is published. That is the type of person you are from all the evidence I can gather on this site.

Yes, hospitals are required to give EMERGENCY care...nothing else.

Seriously...I really hope you or anyone in your family doesn't get a serious condition that requires 100s of thousands of dollars in treatment...you will be in debt, you will lose your house...and because we are so nice...we as citizens will still pick up most of your bill.

Why would I give you an apology...it's not like I harmed you in any way...I just don't believe you.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As if the current excessive and unpunished high crimes and misdemeanors aren't bad enough! This guy is spot on.

Day after day Obama makes my call for all politicians at the federal level to be limited to ONE TERM! Period. The most dangerous people in this country are federal politicians seeking REELECTION. That single word is the source of excessive and unpunished high crimes and misdemeanors in America.

www.canadafreepress.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I love that all of the Obama haters have no specific examples...just empty rhetoric.

1) he has done nothing but tighten our chains of bondage!

Example?

2) he has not brought us out of a recession we are now over 15 trillion in debt!

You do know that debt has nothing to do with a recession...right?

3) he has terminated a US citizen with extreme prejudice!

He killed an enemy of the state as far as I know.

4) he has committed several acts of treason!

I'm not going to even ask for "several" examples...just one would be fine.

5) he has blatantly lied about campaign promises!

You can't "lie" about campaign promises. You state what you plan on doing...then you try your best to do it. He has a hell of a success rate on his promises...but I'm sure you don't know that because facts aren't your friend.

6) he has sold us out more deeply to the banksters!

Dodd-Frank?

7) he has committed fraud on the American people!

I feel like you just keep repeating yourself over and over...oh...you are.

Example?

8) he has nullified most of what was left of the constitution!

As the list goes on...it gets more silly.

9) he has tried to promote racial tension!

Oh boy...

10) he is an illegal alien posing as a US citizen!

Well..I should have just read this one first and wrote you off as a birther.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It is hilarious that you think people don't get medical care because they can't afford it. You do realize it is already against the law for a hospital to turn patients away? Your grasp of reality is astounding.

Keep challenging me on my Romney comments all you want to, I will make the thread when I am good and ready. For a Obama fan, you sure do like to bully people around. I thought you folks were trying to outlaw bullying?

I doubt you will give me an apology when the thread is published. That is the type of person you are from all the evidence I can gather on this site.

Yes, hospitals are required to give EMERGENCY care...nothing else.

Seriously...I really hope you or anyone in your family doesn't get a serious condition that requires 100s of thousands of dollars in treatment...you will be in debt, you will lose your house...and because we are so nice...we as citizens will still pick up most of your bill.

Why would I give you an apology...it's not like I harmed you in any way...I just don't believe you.

I must agree with sage. I have also been in your cross-hairs and seen many others there as well. You are guilty of psychological as well as character assassination on many fronts. Obama's treason is there for any American and non American alike to see with their own eyes, yet you use belittling means to prop him up in nearly every thread with his name. We the people should be banding together to overcome a stealthy and very intelligent foe! I certainly hope that if you refuse to treat your fellow ATS members with the dignity and respect they deserve that the mods and owners will eventually put an end to your bullying! No hard feelings, would just like to see a little more respect for your fellow human beings!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, you did insult me rather heavily... but whatever, Like I said, I don't expect human decency out of you.

Well here you go buddy, not the first time you have been wrong in this thread.

10+ reasons not to elect Romney

You are just talking out of your butt. Guess what? Individuals have the right to choose if they should have health insurance or not. I have decided that the cost does not meet the benefit. You feel differently, that is the beauty of this country, we get to choose what we think is best for ourselves as individuals.

My circumstances are different from yours. If I did get a serious condition that costs 100s of thousands of dollars (please name one?) I will find a way to provide for myself. That is my choice and if I choose to I can choose to not spend the money. Most Health insurance doesn't cover such expenses anyhow, they only cover them to a point. Also, when you don't have health insurance doctors tend to charge you what you can afford, not the maximum.

You really have little understanding of this topic. I have never had health insurance my entire life, I understand how medical care works without it pretty well.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Obama's treason is there for any American and non American alike to see with their own eyes

Than it should be very simple for you to give us some examples.

Forgive me if I don't just outright believe you, the same person who thinks Obama is an illegal alien.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can't help it if people don't read past a headline. i am not going to cater to people who refuse to read a long thread instead of a brief headline. That is like teaching to the students who look out the window rather than the students who come ready to learn.

Not that I am calling myself a teacher, just a metaphor.

Anyhow, here is the Romney thread of similar name
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

I even gave you a star and a flag for your Romney thread. I still don't know why you expect an apology for doing what you should have done without having to be asked to do it.

You are just talking out of your butt. Guess what? Individuals have the right to choose if they should have health insurance or not. I have decided that the cost does not meet the benefit. You feel differently, that is the beauty of this country, we get to choose what we think is best for ourselves as individuals.

My circumstances are different from yours. If I did get a serious condition that costs 100s of thousands of dollars (please name one?) I will find a way to provide for myself. That is my choice and if I choose to I can choose to not spend the money. Most Health insurance doesn't cover such expenses anyhow, they only cover them to a point. Also, when you don't have health insurance doctors tend to charge you what you can afford, not the maximum.

You really have little understanding of this topic. I have never had health insurance my entire life, I understand how medical care works without it pretty well.

Individuals not having health insurance effects the national economy and it effects me personally...so sorry...you shouldn't have a choice.

You seem to live in some fantasy world where everyone is Mitt Romney rich and can pay out of pocket for all medical care...seriously...you are very out of touch with reality.

And no...health insurance doesn't only cover them to a point...not anymore...that was part of the ACA. And I'm sorry...but I really had to LOL at you saying that doctors will only charge you for what you can afford.

I'm sorry...but you are just either completely naive, you are filthy rich and can't relate (I honestly think you are Mitt), or you are just lying to try to defend your position. I'm hoping you are just filthy rich...because the other two aren't so flattering. But then again...if you were filthy rich...health insurance would be an easy risk/benefit decision for you...so hmmm.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

Obama's treason is there for any American and non American alike to see with their own eyes

Forgive me if I don't just outright believe you, the same person who thinks Obama is an illegal alien.

I'm not going to duel with you on Obama's moral, political or citizenship standing! I really do not believe that I have to prove anything to you because the proof has always been right in plain sight for all. If you choose not to see or believe for whatever reason, that is your choice but seriously, how about we try to be more civil to one another on these topics? I don't know about you but I am fed up with the divide and conquer tactics. Truce?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

reply to post by ajay59

I'm not going to duel with you on Obama's moral, political or citizenship standing! I really do not believe that I have to prove anything to you because the proof has always been right in plain sight for all. If you choose not to see or believe for whatever reason, that is your choice but seriously, how about we try to be more civil to one another on these topics? I don't know about you but I am fed up with the divide and conquer tactics. Truce?

So you can't provide a simple example even though it is so clear to every American???

I'm starting to think your reference to "proof has always been right in plain sight" having to do with something we actually SEE....hmmmm....what is different about Obama that I would SEE that would just automatically prove he is a traitor???

When you make a stupid statement that it is clear that he has commited treason...and then you can't provide one simple example to back up any of your claims...well...it just proves that the original statement was in fact stupid to begin with.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

what you should have done without having to be asked to do it.

Nobody had to ask me to do it. I stated that it was coming soon and there it is. More revisionist history from the Obama truth squad. I don't expect an apology, are you dense? I stated that i didn't expect an apology for your insults. When I proved you wrong, you just kept going. All you do is spin. I don't know if you have a legitimate learning disability or if you simply enjoy to mess with people. I don't care either way, I am done.

I see, you are going with the country over individual argument. what you fail to see is the country is a collection of individuals. No individual is greater than any other, even if you make them a large group of individuals. This country was created in a way that respects the rights of a minority group. We are a constitutional republic, not a democracy where majority rules.

You have no right to impose anything on me without my consent, no matter how good it is for you and your buddies.

Your assumptions are so far off. Yea, it has to be one of three things you say it is.... Your arrogance and self righteousness is incredible.

If you must know, I am an unemployed history major, I am 31 years old and I spend the majority of my month finding ways to earn money to pay the bills. And just to go a bit further, I blame Bush and Obama for the job market and my current struggles in life. I did everything I was supposed to do, all I want is a free market yet they refuse to give it to me. Maybe a constitutional government? Unlike you, I don;t see government as the great savoir, I see it as the great devil. When I look at the government, I don't see benefits, I see obstacles.

I doubt you will believe me though, since that goes against your assumptions. Why bother saying a word to you? You already proclaim to know it all. Have a nice day, I grow tired of your bickering.

I try to make it a point not to talk to brick walls.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by sealing

You have to purchase auto insurance if you want to drive, not if you simply want to live in this country.

Most everyone will use the health services eventually...one of the flaws in life is that we eventually start breaking down...and when that happens, someone calls an ambulance.

Auto Insurance is required only if you plan on using the road...however, if you 'accidently" had to drive, your not exempt from requiring insurance...
People don't plan on getting sick...but people do, everyone does..not a single person has ever not gotten sick and ultimately died from it..batting 100% here. So, until such a time as disease, sickness, accidents, and death is overcome, then its fair to say there is a very high percent chance (like 99.99) that you, me, and everyone else will be using the hospitals, emergency rooms, etc.

So...insurance mandates seems to be very comparable to auto insurance mandates

Your auto insurance isn't for making sure you can pay for that time you ran into a pole. Auto insurance is there to make sure you can pay for whenever you ran into that old lady. Auto insurance protects other drivers. The privilege of driving a 2 ton metal box at speeds that can liquefy humans on impact is protecting those other humans from you.

The only thing that can intelligently link health insurance and auto insurance is the word "insurance".

/TOA

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I kind of already knew that you are incapable of playing nicely! I can put it to you this way in the form of a question, do you think Obama's actions have led the American people on the path to true freedom? This is not a trick question, I just truly believe for anyone to learn something they have to come to a conclusion on their own.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmm healthcare

There is medicare,medicaid,cobra,uneployment anyone gets care at any hospital then there are free community health centers where everyone goes to.

Funny how i never hear illegals crying about free healthcare when they are the biggest users of "free"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I love that all of the Obama haters have no specific examples...just empty rhetoric.

You have the qualities needed to be a politician.

You must wear glasses that allow you to pick and choose what you want to see. Did you miss the OP?
No, just chose a thread that spoke in generalities to pick apart.

PICKET: Issa expects movement on Holder contempt charge within 'weeks'

www.washingtontimes.com...

Say you say ka-boom? The US Attorney General charged with contempt. Sure has all the ear marks of obstruction of justice.

Enjoy supporting criminals?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

I kind of already knew that you are incapable of playing nicely! I can put it to you this way in the form of a question, do you think Obama's actions have led the American people on the path to true freedom? This is not a trick question, I just truly believe for anyone to learn something they have to come to a conclusion on their own.

We are already free...I'm not one of the paranoid people that think FEMA camps are to kill all of us.

Obama's policies were mainly about getting us out of the mess Bush got us into and giving a little back to the working class (tax breaks, stimulus, healthcare, wall street regulation, credit card regulation, foreclosure assistance, etc.)

People who don't think they are "free" aren't because they are enslaved by their own paranoia.

I see you still can't provide one simple example...it says a lot.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Very nice! It is uplifting to see some in D.C. at least go through the motions of representing the will of the people! We can be hopeful that in this age of enlightenment, that the roaches will continue to scatter far and wide! That is providing they do not continue to ignore the rule of law.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join