It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10+ Reasons Not To Re-Elect Obama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I already have a single payer health care system. if I see fit to see a doctor, there will be a single payer footing the bill - me. I don't need one issued by the government. Since I don't go to doctors (They KILL more people than even guns, you know!) it's not an issue.

So when your appendix explodes...do you plan on grinning and waiting to die? Or do you have the 40k to pay the doctors? How about when your son contracts a rare cancer? Got the 150k handy to get the treatment rolling? Or do you just pat him on the back and talk to him about America and freedom and tell him that is just the way it goes?

The problem is that your politics or world view does vaccinate you from disease or tragedy. Disease and tragedy does not care about idealogy. Nor does it care about income....never has, which is why healthcare in the "free market" has always been a scheme. There is no elasticity of demand...or price. You get help and pay what they tell you or you die. Willingness to work...income...does not determine whether you get Lukemia. It is not a "free market" choice or consequence.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I already have a single payer health care system. if I see fit to see a doctor, there will be a single payer footing the bill - me. I don't need one issued by the government. Since I don't go to doctors (They KILL more people than even guns, you know!) it's not an issue.

So when your appendix explodes...do you plan on grinning and waiting to die? Or do you have the 40k to pay the doctors? How about when your son contracts a rare cancer? Got the 150k handy to get the treatment rolling? Or do you just pat him on the back and talk to him about America and freedom and tell him that is just the way it goes?

The problem is that your politics or world view does vaccinate you from disease or tragedy. Disease and tragedy does not care about idealogy. Nor does it care about income....never has, which is why healthcare in the "free market" has always been a scheme. There is no elasticity of demand...or price. You get help and pay what they tell you or you die. Willingness to work...income...does not determine whether you get Lukemia. It is not a "free market" choice or consequence.

Yes, they have one of the best setups going with healthcare. Fear of death. Not just your own, but your children, as you mentioned, and other loved ones. Who wants to pull the plug on Grandma? Not me!!!!

As they invent more superdrugs, more expensive machines to diagnose and treat you with, what do you do? Let your children die? Nope, you pay whatever it takes to save them, and it is getting more expensive every year.

Silly part is, we all die anyway. No matter how much money you spend trying to avoid it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Silly part is, we all die anyway. No matter how much money you spend trying to avoid it.

So if your child had a dangerous yet curable disease, you honestly would pretend like you would just let your kid die if you cant afford the treatment?

You are posturing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yep. The question is when and what your quality of life is until that day comes. If actually living is low on the list of priorities then there are bigger issues to deal with

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

So if your child had a dangerous yet curable disease, you honestly would pretend like you would just let your kid die if you cant afford the treatment?

You are posturing.

I am not posturing. maybe you missed reading this part of my post:

Let your children die? Nope, you pay whatever it takes to save them,

or this part:

Who wants to pull the plug on Grandma? Not me!!!!

?
I guess you missed my point that the health care industry has us all by the emotional balls.
edit on 20-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
What worries me most about Obama and his ilk being re-elected? The possibility of him being able to stack the Supreme Court with another 1-2 judges. You will not even recognize the country you were born in.

Too late.

I already don't recognize the country I was born in.

So make things worse?

Neither Obama or Romney are good candidates, which makes me wonder how they got as far as they did.

Given the choice between the two, I think Romney would do less damage to the Supreme Court than Obama will.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

So when your appendix explodes...do you plan on grinning and waiting to die?

Die, yes. Grin, I seriously doubt. It may be that you are not well acquainted with pain, but I am. I seriously doubt there would be any grinning going on at that instant. Dying? Yeah, plenty of that, more than likely. It ain't nothing but a thing, though. If I don't die then, one thing is sure - I will sometime. You're only quibbling over a matter of timing.

Anyone afraid to die ought to look inside and see if they can figure out why that is, because the day will come for all of us that it can't be avoided, health insurance or no.

Or do you have the 40k to pay the doctors?

Doesn't matter. that would be MY lookout, not yours or the government's.

How about when your son contracts a rare cancer? Got the 150k handy to get the treatment rolling? Or do you just pat him on the back and talk to him about America and freedom and tell him that is just the way it goes?

Again, that is MY lookout - and my son's, neither yours nor the government's.

The problem is that your politics or world view does vaccinate you from disease or tragedy.

No, the problem is you think yours does, and you're more than willing to impose it on me. You are a True Believer. Perhaps some day you and I can compare notes on what we each know respectively and first-hand of disease and tragedy. I'd really like to understand why you believe you can avoid random fate, which in my experience has been pretty unavoidable. I've never gotten it to just go away by throwing money at it.

Disease and tragedy does not care about idealogy. Nor does it care about income....never has, which is why healthcare in the "free market" has always been a scheme. There is no elasticity of demand...or price. You get help and pay what they tell you or you die. Willingness to work...income...does not determine whether you get Lukemia. It is not a "free market" choice or consequence.

Nor does disease and tragedy care whether you are insured or not. Nor will you avoid death by being insured against it. No one lives forever. I can't say that I care one way or the other about your "free market", health care or otherwise. You set it up any way you like for yourself, and I'm fine with it as long as I can always exercise an opt-out from it. If I'm not required to participate in your schemes, why should I care what you do? If I don't want to participate in your futile efforts to avoid death, why should I pay for YOUR exercise in futility?

If I want to build a rocket in a futile effort to visit Pluto, should you be required to subsidize MY futile efforts?

edit on 2012/4/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

No, my point is that you are posturing as if you wouldn't seek medical care if you needed it to live, and that you would be content with just dying in pain alone in the wilderness.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Die, yes. Grin, I seriously doubt.

You go to certain death.....
All death is certain...........
(Kingdom of Heaven)

About right,hey?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What worries me most about Obama and his ilk being re-elected? The possibility of him being able to stack the Supreme Court with another 1-2 judges. You will not even recognize the country you were born in.

Too late.

I already don't recognize the country I was born in.

So make things worse?

Neither Obama or Romney are good candidates, which makes me wonder how they got as far as they did.

Given the choice between the two, I think Romney would do less damage to the Supreme Court than Obama will.

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. that's what makes the US go 'round - differences of opinion.

I'm not mystified as to how or why the choice is between Obama and Romney. I called Romney's bid on the Republican ticket long ago right here at ATS, when there were still 8 or 9 contenders dukeing it out. There's a reason I called it like that, and I'm no happier with Romney now than I was then - it's just the way it has been stacked. The reason it was stacked that way is because there is no substantial difference between the two. Either one that wins, you'll be getting a carbon-copy of the other, so it's a win-win for the folks who stacked the deck. They don't care at all who you vote for between those two - their boy is going to hit the chair in the Oval Office come January regardless of who wins.

I don't see Romney as being capable of doing even a whit less damage - I see no "change" at all regardless of who wins unless there is a massive outpouring of "oh HELL no!" from the people. By "massive", I mean MASSIVE. "Occupy" wasn't even an appetizer, and it had a bad taste at that.

What leads you to believe that Romney won't stack the SCOTUS against you? What has he EVER done that would lead you to that conclusion? I don't mean what has he ever SAID... I mean what has he ever DONE?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

No, my point is that you are posturing as if you wouldn't seek medical care if you needed it to live, and that you would be content with just dying in pain alone in the wilderness.
You are reading something into it that I did not write. You are also disregarding what I did write and reposted(just to help you out).

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Die, yes. Grin, I seriously doubt.

You go to certain death.....
All death is certain...........
(Kingdom of Heaven)

About right,hey?

That's exactly right. It's the end of the road for us all someday. "Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it - you can't duck that one. Dodge all the ones that are addressed 'To Whom it May Concern...' ".

edit on 2012/4/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'm not mystified as to how or why the choice is between Obama and Romney. I called Romney's bid on the Republican ticket long ago right here at ATS, when there were still 8 or 9 contenders dukeing it out.

No offense, but that is like calling the sunrise.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I'm not mystified as to how or why the choice is between Obama and Romney. I called Romney's bid on the Republican ticket long ago right here at ATS, when there were still 8 or 9 contenders dukeing it out.

No offense, but that is like calling the sunrise.

No offense taken, because I think the same thing. It was mystifying to me that other people couldn't see it, and insisted that "their guy" had some sort of a chance!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So here we have a group of people who want free healthcare and free cures and free medicines and waste taxpayer monies that have to sit there and get approved by the government

Yep Yep there is no problem jhat government can't solve by taking more power and control "quantity over quality" sounds fascist to me but i expect this from modern day liberalism the antithesis of the word.
edit on 21-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I could only imagine what a 2nd term for Obama would be. He has no incentive to get re-elected. And might even declare "martial law," by "executive priviledge," so he can remain indefinitely in power. I never trusted the guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by CALGARIAN

One reason to vote for Obama: Mitt Romney!

I can't bring myself to do it(vote for Obama)...but Romney will not get my vote.
edit on 18-4-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

simple question. why?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

I'm sure your intentions are good, but the population does not elect the President of the USA, never has! An elite group of individuals called delegates are the casters of votes that elects the President of the USA. These individuals represent the voters in a special election where they decide which candidate they belong to! At that point another level emerges and candidates that have delegates assigned to them may bargain their delegates to a candidate other than themselves in return for political acceptance in the upcoming administration. So forth and so on...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LaEuro

Thanks, I am quite aware of the electoral college. I assume that is what you are talking about when you say "delegates", I can only assume you mean the 538 electors of the electoral college.

This thread is not about the flaws of the american voting system but rather the flaws of the people running for office. Plenty of threads exist about what you are talking about where your comments would be more appropriate and on topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join