It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-made earthquakes reported in central U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Human-made earthquakes reported in central U.S

www.reuters.com

The number of earthquakes in the central United States rose "spectacularly" near where oil and gas drillers disposed of wastewater underground, a process that may have caused geologic faults to slip, U.S. government geologists report.

the wastewater generated by fracking and other extraction processes may play a role in causing geologic faults to slip, causing earthquakes

That quake "turned out to be really close to two of the highest injection volume waste water disposal wells in the fiel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is becoming similar to the bottled water industry going into towns and legally stealing their underground water supply for bottled water.

Except here it may be causing earthquakes.

No progressives, let's not talk about more regulations please!!!
All your oil companies are in the pockets of your democratic elected officials, yes republican too.

Instead of pushing for more regulations you should be pushing for the end of oil!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks for catching and sharing this. I found this rather interesting as an article for a couple reasons. First, I live in an area with Fracking zones on 3 sides of me and one of the largest quake faults in the Western Hemisphere. It's a little personal to me. lol....

Second though, I happened to be in the midst of a debate with someone on another site and trying to counter their very strong assertions of how this wasn't possible and Fracking is now as it has been since the 50's and well..it's all good and nothing bad can come from it.

I just about laughed out loud when I opened drudge to see this specific story on the front page and the USGS source information it's all about in the midst of such a debate from that perspective. Mana from Heaven would be a fair way to put it.
When even the Gov't rock hounds are saying something ain't right, it's time to shut things down until we KNOW how wrong it actually is.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

my my...

makes you wonder about all the "experts" here
claiming the increase in earthquakes was an illusion in our heads
due to better coverage
:shk:

now they've got frakking fluid on their faces
and not just from sucking on big oils pipe
where are they now?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Or this might just be a half truth to cover up something else they don't want the public to know.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I believe that they've messed things up worse then they thought, and are coming HALF clean about it. I wrote a thread last year about oil.

In it, I make a claim that oil isn't supposed to be extracted, but is the lubrication that the earth uses to keep things moving smoothly underground. (i.e faults from jolting, and the like)

I now believe that waste water from fracking is a lowsy attempt at tryna put some lube back into the earth (the waste water would have some oil properties to it) but it's not working. So they're coming SORTA clean...

ETA: if anyones interested ATS thread
edit on 18-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
Or this might just be a half truth to cover up something else they don't want the public to know.

indeed, like the secret war involving the destruction of DUMB's
using scalar weapons that fulford has been talking about

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
At the rate the water is getting polluted by fracking, fracking is fast become a curse-word. At least its still PC to use it (except in the homes of people invested in fracking). Sadly that may soon result in loss of advertizing and approved distribution locations... like how in the name of safety, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer have been prohibited from school libraries (they use a racially charged word in a positive matter of fact manor).

top topics

join