It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retirement...Priceless!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Retirement! (Priceless)

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day, Kate, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.
When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.
I called him an "arsehole". He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.
So Kate called him a "# head". He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he started writing more tickets. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We always look for cars with "OBAMA 2012" stickers.
We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Nice!

Now I have to try that. What a bad influence this site is on me.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Nice!

Now I have to try that. What a bad influence this site is on me.

You can also make little sticky notes. Place them on toilet protector dispensers in public bathrooms. Or, print them out on avery labels....just write this on them: "Obama Campaign Hats...Take one and wear it proudly"

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is Funny!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Retirement! (Priceless)

Well, for example, the other day, Kate, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

Your wife?? I thought you were a she!

The avatar, see?

A point for you, mate.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Awesome, so many things I didn't know. Glad to know you are having fun at your age, it is important, also I don't think age is a barrier to youth as much as it used to be.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks for giving all the old timers such great ideas about how to spend their time.

I'm sure a few will be having a good giggle when its your vehicle getting the extra tickets.

(who said we were supposed to respect our elders again?
)

Obviously respect needs to be earned, and not just dished out because of age.
edit on 6-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

join