It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ditch that CRT monitor! Eyestrain, headaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I finally replaced my CRT monitor with a new LCD/LED monitor and can feel the difference in my eyes. I suppose most ATSers already have the newer equipment, but if in case not, there have been a lot of great deals around for this newer technology.

Uses less electricity, too.

While you are cleaning house, be sure to check out the TOR browser for privacy.

Take care------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

You still had a CRT? God almighty, last time I looked into one of those was a good 5-6 years ago. The flickering still gives me a mega headache, plus the curviture of the CRT screens seem really odd to me now..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm still using a CRT and my eyes and head are just fine.

When I use to drink a lot of soda and eat junk foods, then the screen did give me headaches and eye strains. I've been just fine since I got that crap out of my diet.

I'm also waiting for a good deal on an LCD when I have extra cash for such things. I'm a homeowner with kids, I don't have the luxury of no bills and my paychecks going towards guilty pleasures.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If you had eyestrain then you probably used a low quality monitor or low hz setting.
If you use 85hz or above then there should be no eyestrain issues.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy

You still had a CRT? God almighty, last time I looked into one of those was a good 5-6 years ago. The flickering still gives me a mega headache, plus the curviture of the CRT screens seem really odd to me now..

I left the CRT up and just placed the new monitor in front. My cat likes to jump on, and sit on the old CRT.

------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Got this new monitor from New Egg for 79. 95 delivered. 19".

Already tried it with Half Life 2. Looks pretty good.

-----------------------

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

If you had eyestrain then you probably used a low quality monitor or low hz setting.
If you use 85hz or above then there should be no eyestrain issues.

This newer tech. is neat. Check out the TOR browser. It's free.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I had this old CRT my work provided. This thing actually said 'low radiation' on the front of it. Every time I saw that it made me feel like my eyes were melting

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
An old monitor wouldn't fit on my computer desk. My LCD is fixed to where the sheet music rests.
When no ones on the PC I hide the monitor with a book open at the funeral march.

top topics

join