It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man strips naked at airport as protest against TSA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
wtvr.com...

A 50-year-old man who said he felt that airport screeners were “harassing” him stripped naked at Portland International Airport, police in Oregon said.

Police charged John E. Brennan with disorderly conduct and indecent exposure after he disrobed while going through the security screening area at the airport Tuesday evening.

“When interviewed about his actions Mr. Brennan stated he fly’s a lot and had disrobed as a form of protest against TSA Screeners who he felt were harassing him,” a police incident report said.

I wonder if we'll be seeing more of this type of behaviour from the masses. People are getting fed up, not just of the TSA but most of the authorities.

People are waking up.

I do not agree what this man did but I can feel empathy for him.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
just dont pop a woody if you do this,,cause then theyll charge you with sexual harassment...classic!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Don't really see the problem with this to be honest. It is a naked body........we all have them!

This should guarantee fast tracking through customs rather than arrest in my mind.......quite clearly he has nothing to hide (or declare!).

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What's the big deal? They'll see him naked in the body scanner.
He just saved them the trouble is all.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
better be glad a kid was not
around because then they
would lock him up as a sexual
pred..

I think you need a flash mob for this to work.
300-400 people

link   
reply to post by Flavian

I have no problem with nudity. Unforetunatly, when in public, U.S. laws do. He was arrested. The only fast tracking he's doing is to booking.

Like I said, I do empathize with this guy. TSA should either be privatized or got rid of all together.

Plus, there were kids around. i wonder if he will be charged as a sex offender. Dumb move on his part.

“Mr. Brennan’s actions caused two screening lanes to be closed and while some passengers covered their eyes and their children’s eyes and moved away from the screening area, others stepped out of the screening lanes to look, laugh and take photos of Mr. Brennan,” the police report said.

edit on 18-4-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm sure someone posted something similar about an asian woman doing the same recently?

I think it's just full of awesomeness!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Would they really? I am genuinely surprised at that.....are things really so repressed over in the USA?

I can't believe people get offended by the human body. Mind you, i would have a much different opinion if he was popping a woody as previously suggested!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh for #s sake people. We all screamed for more safety after 911 and now they have provided this yet people are so #ing sensitive to the fact. "It's my freedom" well guess what you don't have any so stop bitching and get thru the scanner. If you cooperate like 99% of the others then you go thru just fine. I know, I've been thru them 7 or 8 times.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hell Yeah!

If I could bring myself to step foot in one of those security checkpoints, I would be right there alongside him.

Maybe if they saw more Americans without clothes on, The TSA would be to grossed out to feel us up. God knows what peoples bodies look like when they're pumped full of GMOs and cheeseburgers, while sitting in a recliner all day.

Down with the TSA!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

A * for that man............that took guts and sent a statement.

I do agree with him.

Anyone and everyone that has allowed themself to be scanned and or groped is a traitor by their silent sheeple compliance.

And go ahead and flame me......................we now are treated like cattle and 911 was done by our own shadow government for two reasons:

1) Excuse to invade Iraq for their resources (more then the oil)
2) Excuse to strip the American People of yet more of their freedoms.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't agree with what he did but here is your hero.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Those glasses look so....out of place?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
this is a guy who intended on getting arrested. It's against the law to be naked in public. he's an idiot.

the TSA is doing their job and they're constantly rejiggering their requirements to satisfy the overly vocal public.

Kids under a certain age no longer need to take off their shoes.
They barely go near kids anymore, other than to give them TSA stickers.
They're friendlier.
They're more understanding that, while it's their job, it sucks to be on the receiving end of the pat downs and bag searches.

The alternative is a free for all where safety is not an option. I'm not talking about safety from terrorists. Nope, more concerned with the random nutjob who decides to go bonkers on a flight.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Oh for #s sake people. We all screamed for more safety after 911 and now they have provided this yet people are so #ing sensitive to the fact. "It's my freedom" well guess what you don't have any so stop bitching and get thru the scanner. If you cooperate like 99% of the others then you go thru just fine. I know, I've been thru them 7 or 8 times.

You're right. Just like cows being led to the bolt gun, 99% don't resist. Cowardice and acquiescence is easier.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

You're right. Just like cows being led to the bolt gun, 99% don't resist. Cowardice and acquiescence is easier.

More like travellers who want to get to their destination.

how is it cowardice to walk thru a scanner so that you can get to your meeting/vacation/family etc?

As is always the case, 99% of the people who cry foul are those that don't actually suffer from whatever it is they're bitching about. I travel by airplane 3-5 times a year and I've never once seen anyone complain about the scans. The biggest gripe is always the removal of shoes and belts because they're a pain in the butt to put back on. Nobody cares about the scans or pat downs.

The people who raise hell and make a stink are doing it for the pubicity. They want their 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Or they just despise the crackdown (global) on civil liberties. Personally, i don't see why you cannot have a couple of airlines that don't insist on this. That way, people that do not mind taking the "security risk" can travel on those airlines and avoid all of these scans whilst the other airlines can stay part of this system.

I honestly think that a lot of problems we see in society these days are because governments seek a "one size fits all" solution. As well know from frequenting places such as ATS, there is absolutely nothing that has a one size fits all solution!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

because the risk isn't just to the passengers on the plane, there's the risk of crashing the planes into crowded areas and the US gov't doesn't want that to happen.

Like I said, I travel at least 3-5 times a year. Both alone, and with my family. My wife just flew with our kids last week. Security, during crowded, crazy vacation time, from Florida, the last day before school started up again, took 15 minutes to get through.

It's not intrusive, it's not slowing down our travel time.

What is intrusive, and what does slow down travel time is when a moron decides he's going to make a statement about a non-issue, and he acts like having to put his shoes, and belt, on a conveyer belt, is such a huge imposition that he strips down naked, exposing his junk to everyone. I'm sure he gets whisked off and, in the interim, everyone else is stuck waiting for the security issue to be under control.

Attention whoring doesn't make a statement other than "LOOK AT ME I'M NAKED"

Doesn't anyone find it odd that the majority of people who complained about being groped were either out of work D list celebs and people who felt it necessary to strip down to their skivvies to make a point?

For every unfortunate incident of a pat down due to a colostomy bag, there's a dozen over the hill men and women trying to keep (or get) their name in the spot light.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Now he will probably be charged with a sexual crime and will be forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Not worth it IMO

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I understand the points you make but at the end of the day, people are losing liberties left, right and centre.

Are we just supposed to allow this to happen? Do you mind having your phone conversations recorded? Or your emails snooped through? Do you mind being on CCTV all day every day whenever you step outside your door?

Personally, i hate it all. Government should have a very limited role in people's lives. What about individual liberty?

Again, personally, i would rather live somewhere that runs the risk of terror attacks if it allows me to keep my liberties. I wouldn't be paranoid or anxious either. Like most other Brits, i was back on public transport without a care in the world the day of the 7/7 attacks.

And the arguement that if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear is totally disingenuous (not that i am accusing you of making this statement). I would not allow family to read my emails so why should i allow the government?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join