It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gallup Poll : Romney 48% Obama 43% - 3 Scandals Take Toll

page: 6
3
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
This is so depressing. lol

There was even a campaign slogan I saw for Romney the other day. It pretty much said something like, 'Why not give him a shot? What do we have to lose? or something like that. Basically, the dems have made a mess so let's give the rep a try.

I'm like... haven't we failed enough? Once the dems mess up, it's always 'let's give the reps a chance! How much worse could it be? We might as well try.' And when the reps mess up, it's the same logic.

I think both parties have failed enough.

And, yes, true. I understand Paul is technically a rep but he's really not a mainline rep or anything. Far more into the libertarian realm and balks at most of the rep dogma.

It just pisses me off I guess.

Really not looking forward to two more 'choices' like this again. Ugh.We'll never get out of this mess. People are just too damn stupid. lol



April 20, 2013 you will have a smile on your face.


The GOP will take steps to save the nation.

Fiscal responsibility: Raise the retirement age to 68

Repeal ObamaCare and replace with a private sector solution + Tort Reform

Repeal Dodd / Frank




posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 





April 20, 2013 you will have a smile on your face.

The GOP will take steps to save the nation.



Did you even read his/her post???

The post clearly states that it doesn't really matter who's in power, both parties are god awful! All this stupid Dems vs GOP bull# is nothing but gladiator games to distract the masses and take advantage of them!! That's the real issue here


You are being PLAYED, just like the rest of the partisan muppets!!

You'd think politicians are picking their profession to help the country, because they're patriots, because they want to make the country better. But what you get is this:

1) Guy decides to run for some office.

2) Corporations knock on his door and donate money (it's really an investment, not a donation!) in return for support if he gets elected. I'm saying "corporations" because that's where most of those "donations" come from.

3) Guy gets elected because he could blast citizens with adds paid for by corporate money.

4) His donors tell him that if he plays ball, he can look forward to a lucrative job once he retires from politics.

5) From now on, that politician will do EXACTLY as his donors say. He won't question it, and won't object to anything...even at the expense of his constituents welfare. A good example of that is the Florida politician who handed in some proposal. Once people went over it, they noticed that the entire proposal was drafted not by him, but by his donors. He didn't even take out their NOTES!!!

6) Politician retires and becomes an highly paid "advisor" to his donors.

It doesn't matter which party, those guys don't work FOR the people, they work for their donors...and that's NOT you!!

edit on 20-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Truth be told the GOP is the better choice.

We have a solution to the $16 Trillion National Debt and huge deficit problem.

Obama solution: Go play a round of golf.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Truth be told the GOP is the better choice.

We have a solution to the $16 Trillion National Debt and huge deficit problem.

Obama solution: Go play a round of golf.


Both parties suck


Go luck up which president took the most vacation days to see why your above post is silly...



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


The GOP has better solutions.

It won't be long now.

Obamas time is short.

He is probably already packing his bags at the White House.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 



The GOP will take steps to save the nation.

Fiscal responsibility: Raise the retirement age to 68

Repeal ObamaCare and replace with a private sector solution + Tort Reform

Repeal Dodd / Frank


The Tea Party might take some of those steps, but the GOP will just get in the way, just like the DEM party will get in the way. They have proven that everytime they compromise, they accept the worst parts from both sides, not the best parts from both sides.

There is no reason to raise the retirement age, and if anything, we should be lowering it to open up new jobs! People don't need to work two-incomes, 40 hours per week, until they are almost 70 years old just to get by. We have too much technology and automation for that. People should be working 25-35 hours per week for 25-30 years, and then enjoying their lives the rest of hte time.

Repealing Obamacare is a given, that monstrosity has to go, and tort reform is definitely the first step in fixing healthcare. They also need to mandate pricing be equal to everyone. They can't charge one company or person different than they charge another, and all pricing needs to be transparent. Hiding the true price from the consumer should be a crime. A public option to buy into Medicare is also a good idea to help those who can't find insurance.

If Romney were elected (which I doubt), his first year would probably be pretty good as he implemented his 100-day plan, and had a fresh Congress to go along with things and follow through on campaign promises. BUT, everything after that first year will be politics as usual, making the right lobbyist connections, keeping friends across the aisle, and not doing anything too drastic that could backfire to hurt re-election chances. Politicians are all the same, no matter the party.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 



The GOP will take steps to save the nation.

Fiscal responsibility: Raise the retirement age to 68

Repeal ObamaCare and replace with a private sector solution + Tort Reform

Repeal Dodd / Frank


The Tea Party might take some of those steps, but the GOP will just get in the way, just like the DEM party will get in the way. They have proven that everytime they compromise, they accept the worst parts from both sides, not the best parts from both sides.

There is no reason to raise the retirement age, and if anything, we should be lowering it to open up new jobs! People don't need to work two-incomes, 40 hours per week, until they are almost 70 years old just to get by. We have too much technology and automation for that. People should be working 25-35 hours per week for 25-30 years, and then enjoying their lives the rest of hte time.

Repealing Obamacare is a given, that monstrosity has to go, and tort reform is definitely the first step in fixing healthcare. They also need to mandate pricing be equal to everyone. They can't charge one company or person different than they charge another, and all pricing needs to be transparent. Hiding the true price from the consumer should be a crime. A public option to buy into Medicare is also a good idea to help those who can't find insurance.

If Romney were elected (which I doubt), his first year would probably be pretty good as he implemented his 100-day plan, and had a fresh Congress to go along with things and follow through on campaign promises. BUT, everything after that first year will be politics as usual, making the right lobbyist connections, keeping friends across the aisle, and not doing anything too drastic that could backfire to hurt re-election chances. Politicians are all the same, no matter the party.


Canada raised their retirement age. We will follow them.

People are living longer.

---------
We need to repeal Dodd / Frank and kill the CFPB.

Reduce the size of government.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Truth be told the GOP is the better choice.

We have a solution to the $16 Trillion National Debt and huge deficit problem.

Obama solution: Go play a round of golf.


GOP solution, add to it

We are not stupid



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Truth be told the GOP is the better choice.

We have a solution to the $16 Trillion National Debt and huge deficit problem.

Obama solution: Go play a round of golf.


GOP solution, add to it

We are not stupid


GOP solution: Grow GDP to $25 Trillion.

At the same time reduce the size of the National Debt to $12 Trillion.

Goal: Reduce gross debt to GDP ratio to less than 50%.
--------
Obama goal: Go play another round of golf.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Who has that solution?

That is a noble solution, but I don't think any mainstream GOPers are touting that 50% debt to GDP, I think that is just a handful of Tea Partiers, and maybe Ron Paul.

If that plan is really out there, link me to it!



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This poll is miss leading.

www.gallup.com...



These are the results when registered voters are asked: "Suppose the presidential election were held today. If Barack Obama were the Democratic Party's candidate and Mitt Romney were the Republican Party's candidate, who would you vote for Barack Obama, the Democrat or Mitt Romney, the Republican?" Those who are undecided are further asked if they lean more toward Obama or Romney and their leanings are incorporated into the results. Each five-day rolling average is based on telephone interviews with approximately 2,200 registered voters; Margin of error is ±3 percentage points.


They know Romney does not have the support of his own party. Proof was when he had problems getting above 25%. He could not even get above that when only running against one person left in his race. So Romney can't even get his own party to vote for him. So what happens in real life? They stay jome and don't vote for him. The last part of this question brings those people in as if they would vote for him. Now Obama still has a large portion of his party voteing for him. And if the show up to vote in large numbers because they do support him Romney will lose. Because the independants will be split. So Romney will lose because his own party does not like him. Sad really that hes the best they have to offer. Time for Republicans to rethink and regroup if you ask me. And this poll is just the media trying to act like Romney has a chance. What a race if one is dead at the starting gate. Who do you bet on?





posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Who has that solution?

That is a noble solution, but I don't think any mainstream GOPers are touting that 50% debt to GDP, I think that is just a handful of Tea Partiers, and maybe Ron Paul.

If that plan is really out there, link me to it!


It sounds like a ray of sunshine doesn't it?

To some the situation is hopeless. It's not. We can get there from here.

We will achieve the above goal in less than 8 years.

----------
Then we will take a quick look back.

Remember ObamaCare? Oh God yes! What a mess! The Supreme Court saved us all !

Why go through all of this pain with Obama?

- Before we can feel joy, we must know sorrow. -



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Truth be told the GOP is the better choice.

We have a solution to the $16 Trillion National Debt and huge deficit problem.

Obama solution: Go play a round of golf.


GOP solution, add to it

We are not stupid


GOP solution: Grow GDP to $25 Trillion.

At the same time reduce the size of the National Debt to $12 Trillion.

Goal: Reduce gross debt to GDP ratio to less than 50%.
--------
Obama goal: Go play another round of golf.


Yes...because austerity measures and GDP growth go hand in hand



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


There is something else. I'll send you a clue November 7, 2012.

A light bulb will turn on above your head.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I googled it, and I can't find any Republican hyping a 50% debt to GDP plan. I see some economic papers stating all developed nations should strive for this, and the US has historically been well below 50% until the past decade or so.

For the first time in history we are above 100%!

Can you please clue us in to who is going to fix this in 8 years?



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I googled it, and I can't find any Republican hyping a 50% debt to GDP plan. I see some economic papers stating all developed nations should strive for this, and the US has historically been well below 50% until the past decade or so.

For the first time in history we are above 100%!

Can you please clue us in to who is going to fix this in 8 years?


Yes, i can and i will..............November 7, 2012.

Be patient. This was all necessary. Check out my new thread. IG Probe widening



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Why so many scandals from such a transparent administration?

It should be obvious by now why running a legit business before becoming President is so important.
Business owners will always have some peon within their organization getting caught and getting fired for doing some inappropriate thing.
This is normal and happens every day inany business.
I'm sure we've all worked with someone that got creative and got in trouble for taking advantage of their position. Normally these individuals are dealt with accordingly.
The problem starts when all employees begin to abuse their roles and responsibilities for personal gain, and do so undetected.
Once every employee starts doing this, it's a direct reflection of the business owner for not catching it early on.
This is an obvious lack of leadership skills on the part of the business owner.

Likewise, it is Obama that is like the business owner here, so obviously his underlings will eventually kill his "business", or in this case, kill the country!



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why so many scandals from such a transparent administration?

It should be obvious by now why running a legit business before becoming President is so important.
Business owners will always have some peon within their organization getting caught and getting fired for doing some inappropriate thing.
This is normal and happens every day inany business.
I'm sure we've all worked with someone that got creative and got in trouble for taking advantage of their position. Normally these individuals are dealt with accordingly.
The problem starts when all employees begin to abuse their roles and responsibilities for personal gain, and do so undetected.
Once every employee starts doing this, it's a direct reflection of the business owner for not catching it early on.
This is an obvious lack of leadership skills on the part of the business owner.

Likewise, it is Obama that is like the business owner here, so obviously his underlings will eventually kill his "business", or in this case, kill the country!


There is more.

We have a - Deep throat - at the Justice Department.

More storm clouds are on the way to the White House.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
AS much as i can't stand OBama and nothing has touched him yet November is a long way off

Everything we have seen all the "Wars" is to energize his base that lack any substance.

IT is a wait and see don't be surprised if he kills Bin laden again to get re elected oh and the OBama movies like seal team 6 kill bin laden.


So not jumping on the happy bandwagon yet.



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
AS much as i can't stand OBama and nothing has touched him yet November is a long way off

Everything we have seen all the "Wars" is to energize his base that lack any substance.

IT is a wait and see don't be surprised if he kills Bin laden again to get re elected oh and the OBama movies like seal team 6 kill bin laden.


So not jumping on the happy bandwagon yet.


Obama won't have time to wag the dog.

July 20, 2012 is just 3 months away.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join