It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Poll : Romney 48% Obama 43% - 3 Scandals Take Toll

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansBeing
You are all insane if you think ANY poll numbers mean ANYTHING this early out. The real campaigning has yet to begin and all the numbers will change in the next coming months.

Just wait until Romney has to explain magic underpants to the Evan Christians in the south. That will be funny.

Um, they won't care. I live in the south. They railed against him and now they are holding their noses and supporting him. They will vote for satan himself as long as he runs GOP. Some might say that's trolling, but the data supports it. Democrats do awful down here. They make it on the local level, but beyond that...Not gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I live in the South too, and I disagree. The South has historically been Democrat land, but the Democrats got away from their roots, they are no longer the Blue Dogs, or Southern Democrats, and the good rural folks here started clinging to the conservative values of the Republicans because they had no alternative, but now the Republicans have abandoned those values and we are left with nothing.

Some will hold their nose and vote Romney, while others will hold their race line, or their party line. The numbers all favor Obama. Whites are no longer a majority in the nation, they are outnumbered by blacks and hispanics. Obama will carry a huge margin of those votes. The voters that are left will be split between Obama, Romney, and a 3rd Party like Paul or Johnson.

I am a Tea Partier in the South, and even amongst my group there is still some Obama support. Lots of hatred, but nobody is excited about Romney. Even if they despise Obama, nothing is making them go to the polls to vote Romney. The weak GOP turnout vs. the record Obama turnout is going to make for a landslide.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by antonia

I live in the South too, and I disagree. The South has historically been Democrat land, but the Democrats got away from their roots, they are no longer the Blue Dogs, or Southern Democrats, and the good rural folks here started clinging to the conservative values of the Republicans because they had no alternative, but now the Republicans have abandoned those values and we are left with nothing.

Some will hold their nose and vote Romney, while others will hold their race line, or their party line. The numbers all favor Obama. Whites are no longer a majority in the nation, they are outnumbered by blacks and hispanics. Obama will carry a huge margin of those votes. The voters that are left will be split between Obama, Romney, and a 3rd Party like Paul or Johnson.

I am a Tea Partier in the South, and even amongst my group there is still some Obama support. Lots of hatred, but nobody is excited about Romney. Even if they despise Obama, nothing is making them go to the polls to vote Romney. The weak GOP turnout vs. the record Obama turnout is going to make for a landslide.

No, it's still a white majority. According to the 2010 census whites make up 72.4 percent of the country. It will remain that way as most Hispanics are white (they are not a separate racial group). Most Hispanics self-identify as White.

As for the democrats is the south-You are wrong again.
en.wikipedia.org...
They lost the south after the civil rights movement. Many of those within the Democratic party who wouldn't go along with the civil rights act just became Republicans. It had little to do with "Blue Dogs", it was their punishment for not towing the racist line. LBJ killed his career over it. As you can see from the data provided further down, pretty much every southern state has gone to a Republican candidate in the last 30 years. Like I said, they will vote for satan himself as long as he's GOP. Above the local level the South is considered to be solidly Republican. The Old Democrat "Solid South" had been gone for at least 30 years.
edit on 19-4-2012 by antonia because: added something

edit on 19-4-2012 by antonia because: added something

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Your source is wrong.

If you look at the Red/Blue Maps from 1972 to Present, you will see that only 2000 and 2004 were clear cut Republican wins in the South, and I believe that is because the Democrats put up such a poor campaign.

1976 - Entire Confederacy, plus Texas and Missouri all voted Democrat for Carter
1980 - 44 states voted Republican, but one of the only 6 blue states was Georgia
1984 - 49 states supported Reagan, he was just the clear best choice, no southern bias
1988 - 40 states supported the Republican Bush, including the South, again Dukakis wasn't much of a challenger
1992 - South was split with Georgia, Louisianna, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky all voting Democrat
1996 - Florida, Louisianna, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky all voting Democrat
2000-2004 they all voted Red, but Gore had tried to distance himself from the things that made Clinton popular, so they flipped over to Bush.
2008 - Florida voted Democrat, the rest were Red, maybe there was some racism, maybe it was still a Patriotic hangover from the Bush years.

The point is this, the Southern States typically vote the same way as the rest of the country, and when they vote radically different than the other states, like in 1976, 1980, and 1992 they vote Democrat!

Source
edit on 20-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. Sorry, I live in Tennessee and trust me, these people have nothing but pure contempt for the "liberal democrats". It's laughable considering most Democrats in Tennessee are pretty far from Liberal. I've been bullied, threatened and even had things thrown at me for being "liberal" down here. So, you are going to convince me a Democrat has a chance around here.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. Sorry, I live in Tennessee and trust me, these people have nothing but pure contempt for the "liberal democrats". It's laughable considering most Democrats in Tennessee are pretty far from Liberal. I've been bullied, threatened and even had things thrown at me for being "liberal" down here. So, you are going to convince me a Democrat has a chance around here.

I agree with you to the extent that "liberal Democrat" is a smear, and it is how the GOP and FOX news has decided to paint the whole otherside, and unfortunately the average American will take it as fact. I'm sorry for your experiences, and they might be different than mine, because people wouldn't dare throw anything at me! They might need a roto-rooter or a spelunker to dig it out of their rectum afterwards!

My favorite little classic country station 93.3 WGWD went out of business this past week, and it was replaced by talk radio.
Conservative talk radio, or so they claim. I am a conservative, and I disagree with just about everything they say, so whatever the hell that means. They had some guy, maybe Michael Savage, talking about how stupid anyone that votes for Obama is, and at the same time he was pumping up Romney.
I just don't get how they can completely slam Obama and then be pro-Romney?

It isn't the voters that are stupid, it is the journalists, and in turn the journalists make the voters stupid!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Conservative Radio is thriving.

Air America went out of business.

What does that tell you?
edit on 20-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

What does that tell you?

When people think conservative radio...one of the first names that pop into your mind is LIMBAUGH. You might wanna check up on how well he's doing

Conservative radio has taken quite a beating over the past few years, to the point where large broadcast companies are completely replacing them...like they did in Chicago recently.

I think the GOP lost the race when it comes to new media. ALEC is getting destroyed by new media, they're even admitting it

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I dunno, we have had two new conservative talk radio stations open up here in the past few months. Limbaugh is still getting rich, so is Beck, and FOX news ratings are still way better than they should be!

I think it is a symptom of the other left-leaning press driving people for a different view, and instead they just get the right-leaning bias.

I really wish we had some actual journalism still in existence, and some reporting of facts without spin.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I dunno, we have had two new conservative talk radio stations open up here in the past few months. Limbaugh is still getting rich, so is Beck, and FOX news ratings are still way better than they should be!

I think it is a symptom of the other left-leaning press driving people for a different view, and instead they just get the right-leaning bias.

I really wish we had some actual journalism still in existence, and some reporting of facts without spin.

Don't forget to seek the whole truth.

Didn't Air America go bankrupt?

I wonder why? There must be a reason.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It tells me there are more uninformed people listening to the radio than informed people.
Besides, that statement is due to the fact that owners of communication companies - whom own large percentages of radio stations - still carry more conservative stations simply because for the longest time there was not "left wing" radio programs.
The trends are starting to show that when given the choice of listening to right wing or left wing radio shows the left wing radio personalities do better. This is why personalities like Ed Shultz, Stephanie Miller, and Ron Regan are starting to thrive.
Speaking of which, if you ever have the chance to listen to Ron Regan Jr, do it. The guy is a great radio host. One of the few who won't talk over any of his guests or listeners.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Gallup Poll April 12 -16 2012 show that 3 major scandals are taking their toll on

Obama. The GSA party in Las Vegas has everyones blood boiling.

Jeffrey Neely is the new poster boy for 2012.

He is taking the 5th and fleeing Washington DC.

Gallup Poll - April 16, 2012

3 Major Scandals:

1) GSA party in Las Vegas - Jeffrey Neely

2) Fast & Furious Scandal - New Book by Katie Pavlich

3) Secret Service - Prostitution Scandal in Columbia
edit on 18-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

wow, you republicans will snatch any crumb you can find....how any of these has obamas name on them defies logic, but that's typical.

1....GSA party...both obama and congress want people fired for this. to say obama had something to do with this is idiotic
2...fast & furious...this was started by george w. in 2006 under the name "operation wide reciever"
3...secret service...obama to blame for this?...really? what are you smoking?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

What we need is REAL NEWS with news outlets that aren't paid sock puppets of whoever they promote. They're NOT PR agencies, they should be unbiased NEWS outlets. If I think about US news, I can only name a single news source that doesn't seem to be scared to blow punches at the left AND right...TYT.

It shouldn't be that I watch US news and have to go "no...that's factually incorrect" every few minutes. If they said that crap on Swiss news (I'm originally from Switzerland fyi), those guys would be out of a job and people would laugh at them. Some of the lies are just sooooooo obvious I can't believe anyone's falling for it.

Here's a good example of proper reporting vs Obama and the left:

Hard to argue with anything he says in that clip!!

Here's an example of TYT going up against the right:

And here's them going up against the media:

Keep in mind they ranted about SOPA before the MSM!! His last sentence of this clip pretty much sums up US news I'm afraid

Why do I have to go to Youtube to find a news outlet that isn't scared to blow punches at everyone who messes up instead of just the party that doesn't pay them????? Imo the MSM are playing an instrumental role in dumbing down the entire nation...people don't THINK anymore

edit on 20-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What does that tell you?

It tells me it's far more difficult to find topics to interest enough left leaning listeners to stay in business.

Personally, I found talk radio on both sides to be like a broken record which tries to get it's listeners excited with a few hot topics. Sure, the story of the day changes some, but the bottom line is the same. It's pretty much the liberal tree humpers are out to destroy America and Christianity while promising more equality or the corporate sponsored right want to rape our country for short term profits while promising to preserve traditional values..

edit on 20-4-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It tells me there are more uninformed people listening to the radio than informed people.
Besides, that statement is due to the fact that owners of communication companies - whom own large percentages of radio stations - still carry more conservative stations simply because for the longest time there was not "left wing" radio programs.
The trends are starting to show that when given the choice of listening to right wing or left wing radio shows the left wing radio personalities do better. This is why personalities like Ed Shultz, Stephanie Miller, and Ron Regan are starting to thrive.
Speaking of which, if you ever have the chance to listen to Ron Regan Jr, do it. The guy is a great radio host. One of the few who won't talk over any of his guests or listeners.

My spin doctors tell a different tale.

Air America went bankrupt because no one was listening to it.

Rush Limbaugh however has over 20 million listeners.

The latest attack by Media Matters failed spectacularly.

The size of Rush Limbaughs audience only grew in size!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

From the NY Times...

The closing did not come as a surprise. Air America, which began six years ago and has 100 affiliated stations, cycled through a number of owners and never found its financial footing. It first filed for bankruptcy protection in 2006 but managed to stay on the air.

When you are only working with 100 stations, in slowed down business like the radio, you are doomed. With all the other choice that the internet has brough to people, radio is on a down turn. Not to mention, they lost Al Franken shortly after the station started losing one of its most popular hosts, and then Maddow left a few years later.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Gallup Poll April 12 -16 2012 show that 3 major scandals are taking their toll on

Obama. The GSA party in Las Vegas has everyones blood boiling.

Jeffrey Neely is the new poster boy for 2012.

He is taking the 5th and fleeing Washington DC.

Gallup Poll - April 16, 2012

3 Major Scandals:

1) GSA party in Las Vegas - Jeffrey Neely

2) Fast & Furious Scandal - New Book by Katie Pavlich

3) Secret Service - Prostitution Scandal in Columbia

wow, you republicans will snatch any crumb you can find....how any of these has obamas name on them defies logic, but that's typical.

1....GSA party...both obama and congress want people fired for this. to say obama had something to do with this is idiotic
2...fast & furious...this was started by george w. in 2006 under the name "operation wide reciever"
3...secret service...obama to blame for this?...really? what are you smoking?

They all 3 happened on Obamas watch.

1) Seek the truth: GSA Scandal = Big Government Gone Wild

Also, illegalities are involved. - kickbacks + much more

2) Fast & Furious = Strategy was to smear the gun dealers and go after the real target

------- The 2nd Amendment ---------- It all went wrong. Border Agent Brian Terry was killed.

- High Crimes & Misdemeanors -

3) Secret Service - Prostitute Scandal = It happened on Obamas watch

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

From the NY Times...

The closing did not come as a surprise. Air America, which began six years ago and has 100 affiliated stations, cycled through a number of owners and never found its financial footing. It first filed for bankruptcy protection in 2006 but managed to stay on the air.

When you are only working with 100 stations, in slowed down business like the radio, you are doomed. With all the other choice that the internet has brough to people, radio is on a down turn. Not to mention, they lost Al Franken shortly after the station started losing one of its most popular hosts, and then Maddow left a few years later.

My spin doctors tell a different tale.

The general public had a problem with the --- content ---.

No listeners = Bankruptcy

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So according to your "logic", if the employ of a company murders someone, the CEO is automatically responsible...because after all, it happened under his watch, right?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Can you remind me what happened on the watch of the last GOP president?

9/11
Tax Breaks unpaid for
2 unpaid wars
No Child Left Behind

Lets compair your list and my list and see which ones were more detrimental to our country?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join