Gallup Poll : Romney 48% Obama 43% - 3 Scandals Take Toll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here's why he Gallup poll isn't representative of the population: LINK

Only 22% of the people in that poll were non-white, and the sample size didn't represent a typical mix up of US citizens.

Eurisko, since you're so convinced of Romney (like you were before with Palin, Bachmann, and then Santorum), are you willing to bet on it? Tons of sites allow personal bet. Pick and amount and put it on Romney, I'll match it and bet for Obama. Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Also, does anyone else think it's kinda ironic that a $800k Vegas waste spending sends the GOP into rage (understandable, it was stupid!), but when it comes to making sure the top 1% pay their fair share of taxes, $47b is suddenly a "small amount" and "not worth it". Bunch of hypocrites
edit on 19-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hillary is polling better than VP Joe Biden.

She is doing a good job as Secretary of State.

She really is. Hard to admit, but she is doing a pretty fantastic job. I think she would make a much better president than Obama or Romney, but I think pulling an incumbent from a ticket is a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't be surprised to see her as VP though, and then she would be poised for her 2016 campaign.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Hillary is polling better than VP Joe Biden.

She is doing a good job as Secretary of State.

She really is. Hard to admit, but she is doing a pretty fantastic job. I think she would make a much better president than Obama or Romney, but I think pulling an incumbent from a ticket is a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't be surprised to see her as VP though, and then she would be poised for her 2016 campaign.

Compared to both Bush's before him, her husband wasn't bad either. He was probably the only decent president the US had for the past 24+ years.

Another fun fact: Until today, Clinton is the only president since WW2 who had a higher approval rating when he left office compared to when he started. That's pretty impressive tbh. LINK

Obama's pretty much average so far: LINK

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

We should know more by June 29, 2012.

We will get the ruling from the Supreme Court and the decision will have to be made.

Fish or Cut Bait

I already feel sorry for Hillary. It's not fair basically putting her on a

plane that has the cockpit of fire. That would be a DNC dirty trick.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

One Bush came after him, but Clinton was a decent president. Many Republicans will argue that he reaped the benefits of Reaganomics, he reaped the benefits of Reagan ending the cold war, and he rode out the Internet boom that drove the stock market, and they might have some pretty good points, but I still liked Clinton.

I don't believe anything a president does correctly will be apparent during their term, because this economy just doesn't turn on a dime. However, anything a president screws up becomes readily apparent right away. It is a tough job, and a no-win situation really. If you do a great job, nobody notices and the next guy gets the credit, but if you screw up, they give you the boot anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

One Bush came after him, but Clinton was a decent president. Many Republicans will argue that he reaped the benefits of Reaganomics, he reaped the benefits of Reagan ending the cold war, and he rode out the Internet boom that drove the stock market, and they might have some pretty good points, but I still liked Clinton.

I don't believe anything a president does correctly will be apparent during their term, because this economy just doesn't turn on a dime. However, anything a president screws up becomes readily apparent right away. It is a tough job, and a no-win situation really. If you do a great job, nobody notices and the next guy gets the credit, but if you screw up, they give you the boot anyway.

Yeah, that's an important point a lot of people forget. Many economic policies don't show any real results until months and years after they were implemented.

By the way, Clinton did a lot of stuff Obama would get destroyed in the press today. A ton of the good stuff he did was heavily opposed by the GOP, yet he had balls enough to say "f*** you guys, this is a good thing so we're gonna do it". Obama's caving in way too much, even though he has done some good things...

Romney would be a disaster, he's even more of a bought corporate sock puppet than Obama. "Corporations are people my friend!" is the one sentence that should disqualify him immediately. It's also the thing that will probably end up costing him the election.

People looking at the mentioned poll should keep one thing in mind: The Democrats are just now starting their campaign, up until now, they were in fundraiser mode...so Romney wasn't really attacked all that much so far. Obama on the other hand has been hammered during the GOP primaries for months now. So Romney should have a headstart...and he does according to this poll (even though it's not a sample made up of a representative amount of US citizens). It's just that the lead isn't all that impressive given the Democrats haven't even really started their campaign against Romney yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

People looking at the mentioned poll should keep one thing in mind: The Democrats are just now starting their campaign, up until now, they were in fundraiser mode...so Romney wasn't really attacked all that much so far. Obama on the other hand has been hammered during the GOP primaries for months now.

Exactly!

Even with the rough past 3-4 years, and even with Libya and Egypt and Syria and the threat of Iran. And even with NK firing off their rocket, and Greece and Italy and France economies imploding. And even with Romney on every news channel every night, and a team of the best Republican candidates debating during primetime 2 nights per week for months, and with all of this Obama is neck and neck with Romney!

As soon as Obama begins his campaign, and the closer to November we get, the better the unemployment numbers and stock market will look. And Obama will have plenty of tricks to play and strings to pull, and by the time November 6 arrives, Obama will be a clear double-digit winner, and the Republicans will be blaming Ron Paul or Gary Johnson instead of facing their own inadequacies.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

People looking at the mentioned poll should keep one thing in mind: The Democrats are just now starting their campaign, up until now, they were in fundraiser mode...so Romney wasn't really attacked all that much so far. Obama on the other hand has been hammered during the GOP primaries for months now.

Exactly!

Even with the rough past 3-4 years, and even with Libya and Egypt and Syria and the threat of Iran. And even with NK firing off their rocket, and Greece and Italy and France economies imploding. And even with Romney on every news channel every night, and a team of the best Republican candidates debating during primetime 2 nights per week for months, and with all of this Obama is neck and neck with Romney!

As soon as Obama begins his campaign, and the closer to November we get, the better the unemployment numbers and stock market will look. And Obama will have plenty of tricks to play and strings to pull, and by the time November 6 arrives, Obama will be a clear double-digit winner, and the Republicans will be blaming Ron Paul or Gary Johnson instead of facing their own inadequacies.

Heh, your prediction matches mine exactly

Romney said too many crazy things during the primaries to "compete" with crazy people like Bachmann and "Santorum 2012, because f*** logic!". All that stuff will bit him in the ass once Obama starts hammering him. Add to that that women and Latinos play a key role for this election, and you know why the numbers just won't stack up for Romney. He can't get enough women votes because of the GOP's many anti-women rights legislation (anti-equal pay for example!!), and it's pretty clear that the majority of Latinos will vote for Obama given what happened in Arizona.

Romney should have CRUSHED his GOP competitors because most of them are INSANE. I mean, have you seen any of Cain's latest adds? Or all the crap Santorum spew around to appeal to a tiny fundamentalist minority that is no where near representative of the average American? Or Bachmann...well...being Bachmann? Or "let's get me another wife" Newt?

He should have destroyed them, yet even against those clowns he had to fight and spend a sick amount of money compared to them. He outspent Santorum 7 to 1 and STILL lost a significant amount of delegates against him. And that's the guy people expect to stand a chance against Obama? Really?

Obama could even take it easy and just keep on blasting people with Romney's "corporations are people my friend" clip over and over again before saying "ok guys, now vote". I think even doing just that would be enough as people are really turned off by corporations buying elections. People's opinion about superpacs and other stuff corporations use to buy politicians are really unpopular, on BOTH sides of the aile. It's one of the few things general voters actually agree on

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Completely disagree, The democrats thought Gore a shoe-in too and what happened? I think some of the states will be very close. If the recount crap comes up again expect to see another SCTOUS intervention.

Now back to lurking, ATS has become way too right wing for my to stomach posting here frequently.
edit on 19-4-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Completely disagree, The democrats thought Gore a shoe-in too and what happened? I think some of the states will be very close. If the recount crap comes up again expect to see another SCTOUS intervention.

Now back to lurking, ATS has become way too right wing for my to stomach posting here frequently.

It's not just ATS, it's the country as a whole. That's what you get when the Democrat president caves in most of the time...the entire thing drifts to the right. So what was "center" before is now suddenly the left, and what was "right" before is now "center".

That's why I said Clinton was good. He held the balance by saying "f*** you guys, we're doing this anyway because it's good for the country" a few times. Obama did something like that only twice so far....faaaaaaar less than Bush did it in a single year.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Gore was a shoe-in, until he made the egregious error of trying to separate himself from the beloved Clinton. What on earth possessed him to think it was a good strategy to ask the sitting president whom he was currently serving under, to please not campaign on his behalf?

Clinton could have named the next president of his choice, but Gore wanted to be a big boy and do it all on his own, so he ended up in a dogfight with Bush, and he lost. Thank God, because I hate to think how 9/11 might have gone differently under Gore's leadership or lack thereof.

You can't compare Obama to Gore. Obama is a genius at campaigning and fundraising, and he doesn't make mistakes like Gore made.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I never got that either. There has been almost no other president in history who could have gone "hi guys, this Gore guy is really good...vote for him" ensuring Gore would win. For crying out loud, the man had a higher approval rating when he left than when he started...as you say, he could have pretty much picked the next president.

Instead, Clinton was forced to see the Titanic sink. On a side note though, it was a close and VERY controversial race (yes, I'm looking at you Florida!) even though Gore didn't have Clinton campaign for him. That should tell people how bad Bush really was

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Gore was a bad choice altogether and lost because of his own doing really. Too many people remembered his anti-gun stances and the fact Tipper went about trying to censor the music industry. Believe it or not voters remember those kinds of things. Romney's gun stance is gonna cost him this election, it won't matter what he told sweaty Teddy or how many gun shows and NRA conventions he attends. People may be a little afraid of Obama restricting their gun rights but he has the advantage of being able to say unlike Romney that he has not ever signed into law anything that restricted them.

As far as Hillary running as VP, I don't see it. Biden is likable enough and as one of the lowest incomes in Congress he identifies with average people fairly well. Add to this she has already said she wants to retire after this term, but I think that is just so she can rest up and get ready for a 2016 run. The success of which will depend largely on how successful Obama is during his second term.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Joe Biden is 70 years old.

Hillary is the best choice.

Salon.com is already selling it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I never got that either. There has been almost no other president in history who could have gone "hi guys, this Gore guy is really good...vote for him" ensuring Gore would win. For crying out loud, the man had a higher approval rating when he left than when he started...as you say, he could have pretty much picked the next president.

Instead, Clinton was forced to see the Titanic sink. On a side note though, it was a close and VERY controversial race (yes, I'm looking at you Florida!) even though Gore didn't have Clinton campaign for him. That should tell people how bad Bush really was

What is more controversial? Losing Florida (a state where the governor is the brother of your competitor), or losing Tennessee (your homestate)?

The people who Algore once represented rejected this guy, and saved our country. Florida meant nothing, it was Tennessee that deserves our thanks.

BTW, Clinton worked with Republicans after their victory in 1998, and Republicans inadvertently helped him get re-elected. Obama refused to work with Republicans after their victory in the mid-terms and it will cost him.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

So are you saying Romney will win?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I havent been to school in a while but last time i checked a 43% and 48% are both still F's. This is why democacy doesnt work, we get to vote on two candidates each with an F average.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Florida meant nothing, it was Tennessee that deserves our thanks.

Yes, but Florida was the bigger fiasco with the press releasing results while the polls were still open in the western half of the state, and with the hanging chads and such. Plus, Florida has a lot more electoral votes than Tennessee.

I agree with you in principle though. If he can't win his home state, he doesn't deserve to win, and he is absolutely to blame for losing his own core supporters by distancing himself from Clinton.

We won't have that problem this year. It won't be a close election between Romney and Obama.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It's not just ATS, it's the country as a whole. That's what you get when the Democrat president caves in most of the time...the entire thing drifts to the right. So what was "center" before is now suddenly the left, and what was "right" before is now "center".

You don't have to tell me about the rest of the country. I'm bullied constantly where I live for not being in the GOP or agreeing with their positions.

I think most you give Obama too much credit. He could be a lot harder on the GOP, yet he isn't. People thought Bush couldn't beat Gore, I remember that. Yet, he won. I think it's going to be close. The GOP voters are going to hold their nose and vote Romney and Obama will attempt to pander to the Progressives, but they are too disenchanted to bother.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You don't have to tell me about the rest of the country. I'm bullied constantly where I live for not being in the GOP or agreeing with their positions.

I think most you give Obama too much credit. He could be a lot harder on the GOP, yet he isn't. People thought Bush couldn't beat Gore, I remember that. Yet, he won. I think it's going to be close. The GOP voters are going to hold their nose and vote Romney and Obama will attempt to pander to the Progressives, but they are too disenchanted to bother.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I don't think he's a great president. His biggest flaw is being wwwwwwway not enough confrontational against the GOP. He pretty much rolls over in most cases, like when it comes to financial reform.

From the sound of it, you might like TYT (Youtube it)...their opinion pretty much matches mine and they blow punches at both the left and the right. The main host isn't exactly fond of Obama btw. And Obama can't fool anyone into believing he's a progressive anymore

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join