It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about the philosophy / religion called Kardecism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

Does anyone here have some in depth knowledge about a philosophy / religion called Kardecism?

Kardecism (also known as 'Spiritism') was a philosophy / religion created in France by a researcher called Allan Kardec, during the 19th century.

Today, it's popular in some countries like Brazil and Argentina.

I think it's an interesting philosophy, but I don't know much about it.

Does anyone here have studied it? What do you think about it?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

this religion should use fullspectrum cameras and the frank's box to communicate with spirits.
i don't like summoning, it's intrusive, i would prefer a scientific method of observation and learning.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've studied some of the belief system of Spiritism. I use the alternative label because when I study Spiritism, I do it from an outside perspective. I study a lot of the New Age material which references practices similar to Spiritism. For example, Wicca and Neo-paganism use many channeling techniques that correlate very easily with Spiritism.

I have not done any channeling work since the birth of my children. You never really know what you are inviting into your home when you use many of these techniques. This is where the concept of "vampirism" and never inviting one into your home comes from....

Well with channeling, this is sort of like what you might be inviting into your home, to leech off your energy like a hose cycling out gasoline from a car. Thus, these practices shouldn't be taken upon lightly, or without some training in how to focus your mental energy to protect yourself and other. Be careful of the rabbit holes you fall into. Some of them are pits containing not so nice and furry things like bunnies.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Its popular here in Portugal.
It is the belief in eternal life, we are spirits, we incarnate many times on earth and other worls, it is the belief in the evolution of the soul through many lives, it is the belief in karma.

It is very popular in the new age beliefs.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Kardecism seems to draw some inspiration from Hiduism and other belief systems from India, specially in the subject of reincarnation.

But unlike Hinduism, Kardecism claims to be a monotheist philosophy / religion, and some people even say Kardecism is part of Christianism.

That's almost everything that I know about it. I don't know much...

I'm specially interested in the subject of monotheism in Kardecism. Is Kardecism really a monotheist philosophy / religion?
edit on 18-4-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

spiritism or spiritualism, belief that the human personality continues to exist after death and can communicate with the living through the agency of a medium or psychic

encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com...

seems to me that most religions fall into this. Any system of faith that believes in heaven or a form of second existence after death is aligned with this fundamental belief.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Most people focus in the fact that Kardecism (Spiritism) believes in the afterlife, in the eternal soul, in reincarnation of the soul, and in the channeling of spirits of the dead by a medium.

But very few people talk about what are the beliefs of Kardecism about God, and Christ. From the very few things that I know, Kardecism appears to be a monotheist religion, that believes in one single God. And I heard that they have some Christian beliefs.

Anyone knows about it?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

They are Christians yes, they believe they are updating Christianity, they believe they are disclosing hidden truths, like reincarnation, karma, and other laws of existence, hidden by the catholic church.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by GLontra

They are Christians yes, they believe they are updating Christianity, they believe they are disclosing hidden truths, like reincarnation, karma, and other laws of existence, hidden by the catholic church.

Maybe it's a Gnostic hybrid of sorts? In that sense, in their minds they'd be restoring Christianity. Gnostic teachings predate the Literalist teachings in that religion. To me Kardecism seemed a little vague when I looked at it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yup maybe like early gnostic Christians, like the Cathars an early christian gnostic community that was destroyed by the catholic church for believing in things like... reincarnation.

top topics

join