It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABSOLUTE proof that the US government has lied to us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Okay, we have hundreds of conspiracies against the US government. Some so off the wall its kind of insane, then some so close to home its almost CERTAIN that it is true. W have all sorts of those, conspiracies which we pretty much know are lies. But out of my own curiosity, do we have any proof that one of our conspiracies are true? Like, not photo evidence or scientist or something bringing it to light, but one case where maybe an official has stated that something was in fact a lie. Or has the government always lied and never actually released the truth themselves even when its obvious to us what the truth is?

Can anyone help me here? I just basically want proof that there have been conspiracies and lies that turned out to be true and the government did actually admit to them.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

9/11 Building 7 is enough proof for anyone with half a brain.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
See Pearl Harbor, operation paperclip, CIA, NASA, Iran Contra, vietnam, watergate, 9/11, anthrax attacks, homeland security, Iraq, war on terror, afghanistan, H5N1, etc.. The list goes on and on, It's quite long, and it's quite disgusting..
edit on 18-4-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
JFK

2nd line

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like a Conspiracy to me...

link   

There are too many to list, but you can start with FDR knowing about Pearl Harbor before it happened. Then get into LBJ's stock holdings of Bell Helicopter during the Vietnam war. After that check out how the Government injected black men with syphilis.

link   
Oh you wanted hardcore proof. How many more years do we have to wait for the file to be unsealed? I guess they are waiting for those involved to die before they tell us who did it and why.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm sure there are historical situations where a conspiracy theory turned out to be somewhat true.. Building 7 as stated above, is not proof of anything.. it's still a theory no matter how much it's believed..

Proof requires evidence..

As you yourself eluded to, there are MANY conspiracy theories.. I'm in a thread right now where a person is claiming that the Department of Homeland Security is ran by the KGB and that Russia has invaded the United States.. That thread provides no evidence and neither do the sources provided...

The situation there is often the situation with conspiracy theories ( Government or otherwise ) .. It's that people tend to connect dots that have no actual connection and then invent a theory to MAKE those dots connect.. shoving a round peg into a square hole.

The moderator in the DHS thread actually summed up the poster's theory best, and it fits many conspiracy theories

Point 1 is true
Point 2 is true
Ergo
My conspiracy theory must be true..

In the KGB thread, the super moderator summed up the OP's post by saying this:

• The KGB is a Russian government agency
* The DHS is a U.S. government agency
* A former KGB agent now works for the DHS.
* Ergo, the DHS is KGB.

You can see where in point three the OP drew his line, connecting two dots that have no connection.. that is the main reason conspiracy theories are usually flawed..
edit on 4/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Fast and Furious gun scandal is the most recent and easily provable. Solyndra is also completely provable.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
See Pearl Harbor, operation paperclip, CIA, NASA, Iran Contra, vietnam, watergate, 9/11, anthrax attacks, homeland security, Iraq, war on terror, afghanistan, H5N1, etc.. The list goes on and on, It's quite long, and it's quite disgusting..

Listing conspiracy theories isn't proof that a conspiracy theory is true.. The OP was asking for an example of a conspiracy theory that turned out to be conspiracy fact... if you're going to list some, provide the evidence the OP is asking for ..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Fast and Furious gun scandal is the most recent and easily provable. Solyndra is also completely provable.

Fast and Furious is one.. I don't know that it started off as a conspiracy theory that turned out to be true.. but it's definitely a situation where there was wrongdoing that came out.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FenderWolf
Okay, we have hundreds of conspiracies against the US government. Some so off the wall its kind of insane, then some so close to home its almost CERTAIN that it is true. W have all sorts of those, conspiracies which we pretty much know are lies. But out of my own curiosity, do we have any proof that one of our conspiracies are true? Like, not photo evidence or scientist or something bringing it to light, but one case where maybe an official has stated that something was in fact a lie. Or has the government always lied and never actually released the truth themselves even when its obvious to us what the truth is?

Can anyone help me here? I just basically want proof that there have been conspiracies and lies that turned out to be true and the government did actually admit to them.

google:

iran-contra
gulf of tonkin
watergate
tuskegee syphilis experiment

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Try this:

33 conspiracy theories that were true

i'm positive this content is posted on ats already, but here's a nice easy to read link for you.

You will never have the government "admit" anything. But, as these stories show, you can prove it after the fact once documents get leaked or released thanks to FOIA.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I was about to mention that.
I haven't heard anything about for a while though. I guess they swept to under the rug like they usualy do.

There's the CIA drug ops of the 80's. I can't remember off hand..Mena, Louisiana, maybe.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Let's keep it simple....

Iraqi WMDs.....

add to that the amount of people who have been convinced, funded, supplied, and then arrested by the FBI in what's called "counter terrorism"...
edit on 18-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Believe me, we don't need proof. It's like breathing, it happens without thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Thank you, thank all of you. This is what I wanted, plenty of stuff to research.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm not going to spoon feed you 30 years of research because I have found that until someone has done the actual research and come up with the facts them self there is no convincing them.

Okay let's begin by and I've said this on probably 100 of my post.........think on this question: What is the only country to ever have used a weapon of mass destruction not once but twice, annihilating hundreds of thousands of civilians within minutes????? Hint: Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

Tortures it's prisoners of war even though that country signed an agreement against torture.

MESSAGE TO THE SENATE, MAY 20, 1988.sup.1

With a view to receiving the advice and consent of the Senate to ratification, subject to certain reservations, understandings, and declarations, I transmit herewith the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment. The Convention was adopted by unanimous agreement of the United Nations General Assembly on December 10, 1984, and entered into force on June 26, 1987. The United States signed it on April 18, 1988. 1 also transmit, for the information of the Senate, the report of the Department of State on the Convention.

The United States participated actively and effectively in the negotiation of the Convention . It marks a significant step in the development during this century of international measures against torture and other inhuman treatment or punishment. Source: findarticles.com...

Planned to invade the Middle East for their resources under the guise of "being attacked" before 9/11

Description of video

General Wesley Clark:

Because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, "Sir, you've got to come in and talk to me a second." I said, "Well, you're too busy." He said, "No, no." He says, "We've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq." This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, "We're going to war with Iraq? Why?" He said, "I don't know." He said, "I guess they don't know what else to do." So I said, "Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?" He said, "No, no." He says, "There's nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq." He said, "I guess it's like we don't know what to do about terrorists, but we've got a good military and we can take down governments." And he said, "I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail."

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, "Are we still going to war with Iraq?" And he said, "Oh, it's worse than that." He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, "I just got this down from upstairs" -- meaning the Secretary of Defense's office -- "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran." I said, "Is it classified?" He said, "Yes, sir." I said, "Well, don't show it to me." And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, "You remember that?" He said, "Sir, I didn't show you that memo! I didn't show it to you!"

911 was a false flag..............simply do the research.

Look at a picture of what happens if you tell the public what is really going on.........and Bradley Manning was a whistle blower.

Bradley Manning

Your tax dollars at work.

Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on collateralmurder.com...

America is a bully, a tyrant, now read my location. We are a country run and owned by the large corporations and the military are the enforcers.

Voting..............
One big joke, TPTB already know who they will place into office but POTUS is not the highest office, do the research, simply do the research.

We have a government within a government, one government the people see and is for show purposes and one within that government that really runs things "their way".

The last President that tried to buck this "system" got the back of his head blown off on November 22, 1963, possibly arranged by the folks who wanted the VP to take office because he would "go with the program".

edit on 18-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: WARNING WARNING *** TWO VIDEOS DISTURBING TO SLEEPERS IN THE MATRIX.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hobbes was NOT a figment of Calvins imagination. He was real.

TPTB turned him into a cartoon to deflect the reality of it all.

I know this for a FACT.

Anything else?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Listing conspiracy theories isn't proof that a conspiracy theory is true.. The OP was asking for an example of a conspiracy theory that turned out to be conspiracy fact... if you're going to list some, provide the evidence the OP is asking for ..

Out of the list:

Operation paperclip
Iran Contra
Watergate
Homeland security
Iraq
H5N1 weaponization
CIA overthrowing democratically elected governments

All proven facts.. You can't spin these.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join