It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fireball Lights Up Arizona Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The news team speculated over what the object could be, even calling it a UFO at one point. A camera crew was sent out to the field to catch video of the object and they were successful.

news.gather.com...
I live in AZ and a lot of the anchors talk about ufos.

I don't know what do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeseaewe

On first bet, I'd say Bolide. They're not that uncommon, though they can be quite spectacular, especially with those unfamiliar with them.

Bolide/meteor - wiki

Here's video of one that happened and was captured on video back in '92

Here's another that was video'd in Peru

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Been looking for more info on this and came across This , it looks like something was seen over New Zealand , Alaska and Canada as well .

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for the link.

I never see any of this cool stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The cute lady describing the event got my attention ... she looked somewhat embarrassed but enthusiastic at the same time.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The article link says this is from this month in 2012, but the video shows it is from 2011. Is that a misprint?

I'd like to know exactly which day it was, and the time. There have been a couple of really good space station sightings over the last few nights where I live. In the -2.0 magnitude range last PM to the -3.4 event several days earlier.
It moves horizontally too, but often in an obvious arc motion depending on it's elevation above the horizon.

The event with the pieces falling off is pretty definitely a meteor entering. But even the -2.0 space station last night which I watched for around 3 minutes was still about the magnitude of a "normal" looking star, or even Saturn, while the one several days ago was much brighter. Enough to possibly have aroused interest had people actually been outside looking up, and not stuck plastered to their computer screens!!! And it was almost directly overhead where I am in the North Western US.

So a positive date and time might go a long way towards identifying this.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Don't know about those dates but if you go to gortex's link you can read witness reports with dates.

Originally posted by gortex
Been looking for more info on this and came across This , it looks like something was seen over New Zealand , Alaska and Canada as well .

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeseaewe

One of the sighting's.... could have been a fiery balled Foofighter from another star system. But normally, a Foofighter would not leave a fiery tail trailing it, because the fusion plasma is magnetically encased in a force shield surrounding the starship; unless the Foofighter is in a offensive attack mode.

Gortex's post is a very exciting read. I will have to read the complete sighting quote's later on.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Good post - I'd also agree that it was a meteor.

However, the second video you posted is not a meteor. It's a sun-lit contrail from a conventional jet. The dual contrails that bow outwards slightly close to the aircraft are a dead giveaway.

Examples:

Another clue is how slow the object appears to be traveling. Meteors are occasionally slow, but not quite as slow as this, and when they are slow, they tend to only travel a short distance in the sky.

top topics

join