It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By Executive Order- Federal Government To Take Control of Domestic Natural Gas Production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sorry if this was already posted. Haven't heard this on the MSM. I probably wouldn't think this is a problem but there is 1 thing that bothers me about it. The federal government has done little if anything at all that was not a huge failure with an even bigger loss of money doing it.

***President Obama signed an executive order Friday establishing a high-level task force charged with coordinating federal oversight of domestic natural-gas development.***
The Hill

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So all of it is rigged, and paves the way for their dictatorial grab on the resources that are co-owned and co-shared by every single person on this planet, in truth. Anything else is theft and slavery.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hmmmm, didn't obamas buddy hugo chavez do something like this? I'm sure this is for our own good.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

***President Obama signed an executive order Friday establishing a high-level task force charged with coordinating federal oversight of domestic natural-gas development.***
The Hill

about 3 paragraphs into he article we read:

The order sets up a task force to “facilitate coordinated Administration policy efforts to support safe and responsible unconventional domestic natural gas development.”

''unconventional...natural gas development" ==> is code for Fracking

development is not production or distribution, but they are creating a small tube funnel so that only their 'friends' will be permitted to 'develop' natural gas exploration & drilling

just more cronyism being disguised as govt red-tape

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Permit me to post a wall of text, as I think many will try to distort what this means;

In an executive order signed Friday, President Barack Obama said the group was needed to make sure a host of federal agencies that oversee drilling work together.

"It is vital that we take full advantage of our natural gas resources, while giving American families and communities confidence that natural and cultural resources, air and water quality, and public health and safety will not be compromised," Obama said.

Natural gas production has soared in recent years as drillers use techniques such as hydraulic fracturing to gain access to wells that were hard to reach in the past.

Hydraulic fracturing, also called fracking, involves blasting mixtures of water, sand and chemicals deep underground to stimulate the release of gas. It is often combined with horizontal drilling, which can increase production far beyond a vertically drilled well.

Industry groups welcomed the working group, which appeared timed to counter criticism from some business leaders and Republicans, who have accused Obama of having a double standard on drilling -- saying he supports it, while cracking down on it.

"We have called on the White House to rein in these uncoordinated activities to avoid unnecessary and overlapping federal regulatory efforts and are pleased to see forward progress," said Jack Gerard, president and CEO of the American Petroleum Institute, the largest lobbying group for the oil and gas industry.

Given the acknowledgement that fracking has been causing a number of quakes, not to mention the potential for poisoning water tables, I think coordinated regulations are absolutely required. As bad as the fracking-induced quakes are, it's the pooling of fracking fluids on the open ground that is worse;

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Everything he does is about Centralized control to Washington and Nationalization of everything that has any real consequence. Wow... 3 years. So far, so fast. It's enough to have my head spinning and wondering if I lost a few years somewhere. I can't believe it's come so far in this short a period.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
With all the fracking induced quakes it shows that the natural gas industry has been quite careless in regards to public safety.. This is one situation where I think oversight is NEEDED .. and that seems to be the point of the executive order.. To oversee the operations and make sure it's handled in a safe and responsible way.

It doesn't state that the government is taking control over natural gas production so the OP's title is misleading.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks OBAMA!

All you have left to do is to cancel the elections, and make sure you have a son, so he can succeed you
at the end of your rule!

new topics

top topics

join