It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos show U.S. troops' 'inhuman conduct' with suicide bombers' bodies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Originally posted by OldCorp
Funny how nobody condemns the actions of the suicide bombers, whose sole mission was to blow up innocent people so they can go to paradise and get laid.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put the photos I saw on the LA Times website somewhere around a 2 on the "atrocity scale," and a -10 if you want to compare it to the atrocities committed by the Taliban.

Please, direct your outrage where it belongs.
edit on 4/18/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Sure, but that isn't the point here. (As I see it anyway) Evil Taliban blowing people up vs maniacal soldiers posing with dead bodies. Apples and oranges me thinks but oddly enough still in the same vain.

Ask any soldier who fought in WW2 and they won't even want to talk about the horrors they've seen. But today soldiers smile and take photos. The Taliban haven't been caught with too many photos, (not that I can think of) and no I'm not defending them. They blow things up, their done. It seems Soldiers in uniform need trophies. To me that's twisted.

Both sides kill people, who they are fighting and innocents. So that's kind of beside the point.

edit on 19-4-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

daniel berg anyone? cause they dont take pictures right?

there better lololololol

Nice try. But that video was to send a message, it was tactical. This is just posing beside dead things with a thumbs up and a smile. Both are disgusting but completely different.

My point is people enjoy war and murder now especially those who volunteer to do it.

yeah if the message is we are a bunch of crazy religious fanatics who will gladly cut off an innocent civilians head

if u dont believe in allah
edit on 19-4-2012 by superballs because: (no reason given)

You're argument is down to the very basic gibberish now. Allah, blah, blah. Same 'ol nonsense. My point is clear and has been made. You can blah, blah, Allah all you want to support the idea that your war is just. It's laughable.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Funny how nobody condemns the actions of the suicide bombers, whose sole mission was to blow up innocent people so they can go to paradise and get laid.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put the photos I saw on the LA Times website somewhere around a 2 on the "atrocity scale," and a -10 if you want to compare it to the atrocities committed by the Taliban.

Sure, but that isn't the point here. (As I see it anyway) Evil Taliban blowing people up vs maniacal soldiers posing with dead bodies. Apples and oranges me thinks but oddly enough still in the same vain.

Ask any soldier who fought in WW2 and they won't even want to talk about the horrors they've seen. But today soldiers smile and take photos. The Taliban haven't been caught with too many photos, (not that I can think of) and no I'm not defending them. They blow things up, their done. It seems Soldiers in uniform need trophies. To me that's twisted.

Both sides kill people, who they are fighting and innocents. So that's kind of beside the point.

there better lololololol

Nice try. But that video was to send a message, it was tactical. This is just posing beside dead things with a thumbs up and a smile. Both are disgusting but completely different.

My point is people enjoy war and murder now especially those who volunteer to do it.

yeah if the message is we are a bunch of crazy religious fanatics who will gladly cut off an innocent civilians head

You're argument is down to the very basic gibberish now. Allah, blah, blah. Same 'ol nonsense. My point is clear and has been made. You can blah, blah, Allah all you want to support the idea that your war is just. It's laughable.

really what was your point??

cause u make it sound like cutting off an innocent CIVILIANS head is ok if its tactical

but a bunch of dumm kids posing for a picture is absolutly atrocious

u are way worse than these kids in that pic man

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

there better lololololol

really what was your point??

cause u make it sound like cutting off an innocent CIVILIANS head is ok if its tactical

but a bunch of dumm kids posing for a picture is absolutly atrocious

u are way worse than these kids in that pic man

I said they were both disgusting. Reread my posts if you didn't get the point the first time. Do it slowly if you have too and sound out all the words if it helps. Then move on because you're wasting both of our time now and you're derailing the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
terrorist suicide bomber sympathizers make me giggle like a school girl

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Innocent people?

Please remind me when the people of Afghanistan attacked the USA? (and dont gimme that 9/11 bs)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
to all the ATS members in this thread who for some reason I cant figure out , think that we sympathise with terrorists because we are against soldiers desecrating corpses.

No matter what they did or who they were or how they died , no one , NO ONE deserves to have their corpse desecrated. It's sick and barbaric.
I am not a taliban / suicide bomber sympathiser, but if having the opinion that its wrong to desecrate corpses makes me a terrorist sympathiser , then I'd rather be a terrorist sympathiser than someone who takes joy and glory in desecrating corpses you low life pieces of excremement, I bet your mothers are really proud.
All of you defending these marines really have reached a new low in your lives , if you think its perfectly acceptable for this practice to go unchecked and unpunished in your wonderful US marine corps.

TinfoilTP , yes America is already in the process of naming domestic dissidents , and has a list an increasing list of US citizens that are classed as dissidents and may potentially be classed as domestic terrorists.
One such US citizen was already executed for such crimes against the powers of the US empire !

Dont think for one second that your government wont turn on you !

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have zero problem with soldiers posing with the dead enemy. As others have pointed out, it is ironically a coping mechanism –a way for individuals to actually keep their humanity.
So the only thing that makes me feel bad, is what will happen to the soldiers when Obama’s PC fascists, track them down, and persecute them for twisted political reasons.

As for the Real Enemy…
I feel sick that The La Times editorship saw fit to publish these photos (now knowing) this will undoubtedly provoke the loss of more US life.
I think a functional US democracy would immediately the children of the LA times into Afghanistan, so that they can do their fair share of the dying. The La times has after all (till recently) strongly supported this pointless Afghan war, which cannot deliver democracy because guess what… no functional democracy, exists anywhere, on Earth, that has a tribal society.

The La Times did what they did not to make some important moral revelation, but simply to make money. Wish someone would send them a suicide bomber to pose with –he’ll probably get a job with them, blowing up Americans, on day one!
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Desecrating corpses is an offence under international law !
these marines deserve all they get from their commanding officers I think dishonourable discharge and then sent to some psychoanalysis for a few years should sort them out .

Their guilt can keep them company for the rest of their miserable lives !

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
I was just watching that story on the news. They said this time the pentagon was ready with a statement, lmao. It's not funny but how many times are you going to get caught up by pics. I mean how many more "free-passes" will they get here? I mean everytime you turn around there's an embarassing picture or a situation coming out of Afganistan. We need to just drawback to our own country and worry about protecting the heartland and the heartsblood of this country, its' people.

Peace.

"Free passes"? What an insane statement to make?

Those people have been on too many tours, too many times, dealing with crazed suicide bombing Terrorists. They are starting to snap under the weight of it all. Walk a mile in their shoes, then think about the term "free passes". You will likely never experience what they have been through, nor could most people do so without snapping themselves. Hate the war, but don't presume to know exactly what took place here.

Even the LA Times said clearly they ran this out of concern for them being deployed too many times.

I remember when this same thing started happening in Vietnam. Of course there were hateful people engaging in dishonest discussions about it then as well.

On topic-

I don't buy the L.A. Times excuse to be honest. This was voyeuristic and only done for publicity and attention. Any soldier who dies as a result of this is their responsibility. The pictures were not even necessary to the story to begin with. They put innocent people who played no part at all in this lives in danger for attention. I think it is that simple and the L.A. Times is that sick.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

May I ask, what year and month did your father enter WWII?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

TinfoilTP , yes America is already in the process of naming domestic dissidents , and has a list an increasing list of US citizens that are classed as dissidents and may potentially be classed as domestic terrorists.
One such US citizen was already executed for such crimes against the powers of the US empire !

Dont think for one second that your government wont turn on you !

Good it sounds like they caught some terrorists. That is what they are paid to do. With our tax dollars. Good to see some of it is being spent where it should be, catching terrorists.
You as a terrorist sympathizer obviously see this as a bad thing by what you posted. For me it is just more great news that gets your undies all knotted up in a tight bundle.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
See! This right here is a perfect example of the blind hate that people like the OP like to sling at the military for seemingly no reason.

The argument made here has absolutely no merit. Soldiers posed with a dead body?! Oh no! SUCH A HORRIBLE THING HAS BEEN DONE! Get over yourselves.

You people sit there in your plush chairs in your comfortable life never once taking yourself out of your comfort zone because you're too scared of the world. You have no right to say anything. You're just a keyboard warrior. Oh, and here come the replies of "I don't agree with this war," "this isn't my war," "I'm not a puppet with the IQ of a rock," etc. I've heard it all before and they're still just excuses. Excuses for the scared, the weak, and the ignorant. Keep living in your little shell not once daring to step outside of your protective bubble of comfort. Keep living your life like you know everything about this world. Come talk to me when you're ready to learn something instead of vilify everything you don't understand.

Whatcha gonna do when the real world runs wild on YOU
edit on 4/19/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Liberal1984

Desecrating corpses is an offence under international law !
these marines deserve all they get from their commanding officers I think dishonourable discharge and then sent to some psychoanalysis for a few years should sort them out .

Their guilt can keep them company for the rest of their miserable lives !

The existance of a terrorist, ie suicide bomber, is against international law.

If anyone had a chioce of being blown to tiny peices by the terrorist under the puddle of urine or witnessing their saviors enjoy a little bladder relief in their honor I think the choice is clear.

Those who get to live another day are not worried about some international law invoked by some raving terrorist sympathiser in a far away land. A law that does not cover suicide bombers.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

In this case they had nothing to do with the bodies. The body was from a Terrorist who blew themselves up in an attempt to kill others. Those soldiers had nothing to do with the deaths.

Problem is when this is reported in the propaganda rags in that part of the world, they won't tell the real story. Hopefully nobody will die for the L.A. Times attempt at publicity. I'd imagine they are going broke like nearly all newspapers in the country now.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

to all the ATS members in this thread who for some reason I cant figure out

Not all opinions mesh together. But we have to try and work through them. If we cannot convince someone of the validity of our argument, then compromise we must. It's not such a bad thing to do - compromise. Let's just all go about it with some sort of decorum.

think that we sympathise with terrorists because we are against soldiers desecrating corpses.

I don't know that you sympathize with terrorists. I think some people on here do, but I also think that some people justify the desacration of corpses for ... irrational reasons.

No matter what they did or who they were or how they died , no one , NO ONE deserves to have their corpse desecrated. It's sick and barbaric.

I agree. If I were there, I would not do it, and wqould try to prevent it from occuring. The thing is, it is going to happen. We ccan only try to identify those individuals who have true mental issues and ensure that they get treatment, and identify those who truly had a 'momentary lapse of reason, and all those in between. Still, IT IS NOT OUR PLACE TO JUDGE THEM. And, for the most part, depending on your reasoning, IT IS ALSO NOT OUR PLACE TO DEFEND THEM. We do not know what happened that led up to this.

Here, I addressed this in a previous post,

Part 1
Part 2

I am not a taliban / suicide bomber sympathiser,

Glad to know you are not Taliban. They are a hateful, judgemental, destructive, controlling aspect of the Islamic religion. And I don't sympathize with suicide bombers, as well.

but if having the opinion that its wrong to desecrate corpses makes me a terrorist sympathiser , then I'd rather be a terrorist sympathiser than someone who takes joy and glory in desecrating corpses you low life pieces of excremement, I bet your mothers are really proud.

Wow. No comment. Other than my mother is proud of me.

All of you defending these marines really have reached a new low in your lives , if you think its perfectly acceptable for this practice to go unchecked and unpunished in your wonderful US marine corps.

Never said that.

I am sure that the UCMJ will be applied.

(To bad the Taliban/Al Queda do not have the rule of law to fall back on to ensure that their combatants follow a code of conduct - even if it is at times abrogated.)

However, it is my hope that these folks will receive some form of psychological services and can be reintergrated back into society as functioning human beings.

Not JUDGED and criminalized by some yahoo sitting back in this country (or any other) who has no no concept of the military ... its purpose, its structure, its strengths, and its weaknesses ... or the myriad of variables that play out on the front lines.

TinfoilTP , yes America is already in the process of naming domestic dissidents , and has a list an increasing list of US citizens that are classed as dissidents and may potentially be classed as domestic terrorists. Dont think for one second that your government wont turn on you !

Now, this is what I don't understand. The argument of the OP relates to the moral actions of some individual service members. It is not how this relates to the overall context of the war, or whether or not our government is eroding our civil liberties.

So with that in mind, you have already indicated that you feel that the actions of the service members is immoral.

May I ask why? Do you give no leniency to the atmosphere these Soldiers and Marines are daily confronted with on the front lines of combat?

Should we not let a jury of their PEERS decide whether or not their actions were immoral or illegal and in violation of the UCMJ?

Should we not let people who are better versed in military law and conduct investigate what led up to this, and then decide if some of these folks are guilty of mental defect, or may be they are typically fine but are suffering from the undue stresses of combat?

How can anyone jump on the judgemental bandwagon, for or against their behavior, without investigating what led up to their behavior?

Here's a little analogy, you may not want to hear about. People who work in law enforcemnt or the medical profession. They see # EVERYDAY that would make most peoples heads spin. They get desensitized and hardened to it. They have to in order to maintain some sembelance of humanity. Are you going to judge an emergency room doctor or nurse because they have become hardened to the human condition because of what they have to see and do every day? Extend some sympathy man.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Stop sending kids to war and you wont have kids making poor judgement calls. They are kids. Some people die in war that have never known love or sex or I could continue... Young minds are bound to screw up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

People do the most horrible things to other human beings, regardless of what they did or did not do. Taliban are just mislead people that are told a story so realistic and convincing that they are willing to die for it! Same as soldiers, they hide behind the excuse "I was just following orders" what a bogus!

That's the problem with having 'leaders' people tend to follow them blindly! Use your brain, do you know how many soldiers come home from the battlefield mentally messed up beyond decent repair? Sure someone is missing a leg, but people flip out and get breakdowns more then people coming home with physical injuries.

I don't care WHY someone is trying to kill me. They can think up all the excuses they like, and it's not going to keep me from X-ing them out. It's enough for me that they ARE trying to ill me. The why of it matters nary a whit.

I went to help those people many moons ago, and we got 'er done. Now they repay me by walking in and killing off a few thousand of MINE?

Nossir, that sort of "gratitude" will bring hell down on their heads every time. Spin it any way you like, I have no problem with killing them and using the corpses for fish bait until they decide they've had enough of trying to kill me and mine.

There is no honour in taking a life, whether it's in a war, struggle or defence!

Keep your honor safe then, if you can find none in defending your own. For my part, I'll take 'em right on out for as long as they are trying to take me and mine out. Unlike you, I personally find no honor in feeding my children to the wolves. To each his own.

Whatever brand of "honor" you think there is in throwing your own under the bus, I want no part of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by redneck13

you see I am all for letting them win. I believe this is counterproductive. It sends the wrong message. I think war should be fought no holds bar or not at all.

I agree, wholeheartedly.

That said I don't think acting like immature dumbasses is acceptable behavior from people we try and bring a higher standard to.

The only standard I'm interested in having them internalize is that it is a bad idea to try to kill me or mine. Any other standards they want to apply to their own are fine by me. I'm not interested in raising their standards or making them more moral by MY standards. Whatever helps drive that point home, and convinces them that killing me or mine was a bad idea is fine with me.

These guys are lesser soldiers for being applauded for this type of behavior. They need help not praise. I do appreciate the sacrifice soldiers make everyday being over there I just don't accept anything less than civilized behavior from my people. We are not the cave men we are forced to face. I don't care what my enemy does, I will not become a lesser form him.

Civilized behavior is for civilized situations. War is not one of them. Some times, delivering the message in a language your opponent can understand has far more impact than speaking too far above his level. It's like teaching a ditch-digger rocket science. It can be done, but you have to use short words that he can understand.

edit on 2012/4/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

Where is the dignity?
Ah what about the fact you just KILLED someone . Anything past this fact just doesnt matter !

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1) The Afghans fight out of necessity. We, however, fight out of choice. We picked the fight...somehow that fact always escapes us.

2) If we're so distraught over brutalized women, ethnic strife and childhood poverty, why do we keep financially and militarily supporting dictators who - at best - look the other way and - at worse - sanction the same kinds of actions in their nations. I guess we just didn't feel like invading the Dominican Republic under Trujillo, Haiti under Papa Doc and son, Pinochet, Egypt up until now, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Suharto in Indonesia, and so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

3) Violence only creates more violence. You cannot create peace through violence - you only create a false peace, or your violence eradicated any and all grieved parties who would otherwise continue to volley the violence (i.e., insurgency, retribution or revenge). The oppressed class who use violence against the oppressing class turn into the oppressors they sought to remove.

4) Oh how King George must have yawned at the grievances of the colonials who wanted to rule themselves at home without violence and oppression from abroad. Funny how those colonials have become the King they so despised.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join