It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killuminati removed from the Tupac song at Coachella! Hail Mary Lyrics Analyzed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
every generation blames the most popular music for the downfall of the current youth. Its getting really corny.

Why they removed his lyrics i dont know maybe just straight up asking them will be the better bet.
Not that i think tupcs lyrics are important in anyway but censoring them for no reason seems odd.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"Dear Mama"

You are appreciated

[Verse One: 2Pac]

When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school; and scared to go home, I was a fool
with the big boys, breakin all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminice on the stress I caused, it was hell
Huggin on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?
Heeey! I see the penitentiary, one day
And runnin from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whoopin to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
for a woman it ain't easy tryin to raise a man
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

[Chorus: Reggie Green & "Sweet Franklin" w/ 2Pac]

Lady...
Don't cha know we love ya? Sweet lady
Dear mama
Place no one above ya, sweet lady
You are appreciated
Don't cha know we love ya?

[second and third chorus, "And dear mama" instead of "Dear mama"]

[Verse Two: 2Pac]

Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my anger
wouldn't let me feel for a stranger
They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was lookin for a father he was gone
I hung around with the Thugs, and even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hangin
I needed money of my own so I started slangin
I ain't guilty cause, even though I sell rocks
It feels good puttin money in your mailbox
I love payin rent when the rent's due
I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone because you cared for me
And I could see you comin home after work late
You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate
Ya just workin with the scraps you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

[Chorus]

[Verse Three: 2Pac]

Pour out some liquor and I reminsce, cause through the drama
I can always depend on my mama
And when it seems that I'm hopeless
You say the words that can get me back in focus
When I was sick as a little kid
To keep me happy there's no limit to the things you did
And all my childhood memories
Are full of all the sweet things you did for me
And even though I act craaazy
I gotta thank the Lord that you made me
There are no words that can express how I feel
You never kept a secret, always stayed real
And I appreciate, how you raised me
And all the extra love that you gave me
I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if ya hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

[Chorus]

Sweet lady
And dear mama

Dear mama
Lady [3X]

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocman
I really can't figure out a reason why they would remove it...I wonder if its a trademark or something. Maybe they can't play the word because then they would have to pay someone every time they did. Kinda like "lets get ready to rumble"

(edited for typo)
edit on 18-4-2012 by Ocman because: (no reason given)

Tupac Invented Killuminati.
Kill Illuminati...

It should be obvious to you why they did not play it...

It is not copyrighted. Not compared to his music and image which IS copyrighted, and they used that now didn't they. You think that one word could even be worth as much as a Song??

Come on now guys. Read some of the lyrics.

He hinted at it sooooo many times. And there are soooo many threads on ATS.

"It's just another way to keep you un-confident. That's why I put the K to it. Because I'm killing that Illuminati sh**. "

"You know how far I'll be in 20 years, God willing I'm alive? We are going to start our own political party."

~Tupac quotes

Do you guys Even know the history of the Black Panthers? Know who his mom was? Know what the FBI did to the black panthers? What the CIA did to John Lennon? What the FBI did to Malcom X, and Martin Luther King Jr?

Tupac (like the above mentioned people)was trying to break the Mind Control, that seems to be still working sadly..

2 + 2 does = 4

Here... Don't believe this, but at least please hear it out.

edit on 4/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

I'm curious why this song was removed. I have to say, i'd never listened to that much Tupac before, and just reading these lyrics i have a new found appreciation. I want to go look up some of his songs now. Also this hologram thing that coachella is now doing- i think is reeeeallly #ing weird. That's just my opinion, though.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Tupac was murdered by people he called "friends". He never had ANYONE on his side, even within his camp. Badboy tried to kill him the first time (2nd if you count the off duty cops), Puff went on Yo MTV Raps and completely lied about it the next day. Looking back and knowing what I do now, I could sense the fear that pac must have felt when puff did this interview. Why? It sealed the deal and allowed pac to put everything together to see that his friends were trying to kill him. Then when he got with the west coast people, they eventually got him. Suge was right next to him and didnt have anything happen that close to gunfire. Pac never had any allies, he just had the people. And they had to be scared and quiet about their support of him. Very very sad.

Funny I cant find the clip. It was an interview about the 1994 shooting but its in some of the documentary movies about him for sure. You can see on puffs face how guilty he was and how he had to lie. I never really liked any of that crew at all. Jay Z was the only thing that saved junior mafia. But puff, mase, bad boy ent, etc were always artists I didnt care for.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
its sad how even right after his departure people tried to compare dmx,jarule etc... to tupac. its not surprising that they removed parts of his lyrics to his own song to perpetuate the image that "he lived like a thug and died like a thug".hail mary has some of the deepest lyrics in a rap song if u listen to it attentively; very positive to his audience and people were jealous.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nkultra
I agree but..... Tupac started out like every other punk ass gangsta rapper. His lyrics took on a positive form towards the end of his life. Scope the lyrics for...

Brenda's got a baby
Dear Mama
Do For Love
Unconditional Love
Letter To My Unborn
Better Dayz
Don't You Trust Me
Ghetto Gospel
Keep Ya Head Up
Changes

These songs are about respecting women, improving the ghetto, love and abolishing racism.

Brenda's Got a Baby is from his first album.

Then there's Part Time Mutha, Words of Wisdom and Rebel of the Underground, his first album was his most political work.

The Thug Life thing came into being on the Thug Life album, a group effort.

Even though the later albums are more 'thugged out' I like them better, they're still conscious and if you're living a hard life and can relate somewhat they're more than golden.

"I ain't a bad boy, just a boy who had it bad"

It's not all about glorifying the thug lifestyle either, to me it's more about struggling against the thug lifestyle but still getting bogged down, a feeling of being torn between two personalities, fighting it for years almost giving up in time, wanting to just not give a # anymore, cause what's the use when it feels like everything is stacked against you?

"It's like the twilight zone. It's like some evil, unstoppable # that won't let me go.
It's got it's hands on me and it wants to see me fail."

Suffering from bipolar disorder I feel like I can relate, I believe he suffered too, I can recognise the symptoms, also, it's hereditary and apparently his sister suffers from the disease, making it more than likely.
That's also why I feel people compare 2pac to DMX, DMX has that same tormented spirit, the age old battle of light vs darkness, trying to deal with the demons and the cards we're dealt.

I think DMX is one of the last real rappers, even though Hip Hop changed a little bit for the worse during his prime, I like the darkness in his music and believe it or not he's a real poet:

edit on 19-4-2012 by TheLaughingGod because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

And basically every generation has been right.

It has been a downward spiral getting worse all the time. Like it or not, music is very influential. I spent my teen years listening to hard rock like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and so on. In fact I still like it.

Now that I have gotten older I look back and realize the influence it had on me as a person.

Teenagers have it tough already. They are looking for someone or something that explains how they feel, and all too often "artists" take that need and they exploit it to make money, or possibly even push their underlying agenda.

I am all for positive influences in peoples lives. The problem is you are rarely going to find that in an entertainer of any kind. That includes music, movies, sports, etc.

Truth is no one at a young age is going to look up to a real positive influence because those people are not "cool".

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Yeah but... You can't really compare Black Sabbath (the name alone reeks of satanic evil) to Tupac. Ozzy ripped the heads off of bats onstage. Tupac grew up in a terrible environment and still managed to make a positive impact. He talked about his life. Sorry if life isn't all peachy all the time for everybody. But despite that, he also knew how to look at the hopeful side of things. There have been a bunch of songs posted here that show that. He was killed for a reason... Think about it. The killers were never caught. Dumb gangbangers would've been caught. And they're not known for having great accuracy, yet Pac was the only one hit in a car full of people? Yeah and middle eastern terrorists the likes of the taliban "commander" who turned himself in for $100 did 911.

Man just imagine if pac would've been here for that! That's reason alone to get rid of him beforehand! He was simply starting to have too much influence over the upcoming generation and the masses in general. He's well known for having plenty of white fans because of his ability to transcend race in his songs. We could ALL feel his message. Me and my friends STILL honor his memory and talk about him all the time. I grew up listening to his music during the prime of my teens. I feel so sorry for all the people who discovered him after he died... At least his music still lives and is still finding passionate listeners! But there's just something to be saod about "being there" like with woodstock... I wouldn't trade it for anything. I remember after he died his popularity skyrocketed... And none of my close friends believed he died. I still wonder if he faked his death. There's some compelling evidence out there. When he didn't come back 7 years later, as per the proposed "7 day theory", it started to sink in that, maybe he is dead, or maybe he just isn't coming back. If I had the ability to exit society, I don't know if I would want to, either.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Yeah but... You can't really compare Black Sabbath (the name alone reeks of satanic evil) to Tupac. Ozzy ripped the heads off of bats onstage. Tupac grew up in a terrible environment and still managed to make a positive impact.

Because Ozzy didn't grow up in a bad environment, or have a difficult childhood?
The Bat thing wasn't planned as it was thrown on stage by a fan and thought to be rubber at the time, it happened previously with a Dove because Ozzy was intoxicated at the time.
Positive impact; because you've obviously never actually listened to Ozzy songs like War Pigs or Dreamer.

Obviously Ozzy is a bad man because of the satanic facade, which always was a facade; but Tupac is an artist because he really was at one point, a thug.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

i listen to even more evil # than that, from bone thugs and cannibal corpse and i still do and ive been told to my face on many occasions that im the most chill mofo theyve ever met and always gone out of my way to help people rather than harm.

And ive been to many metal concerts and the amount of cool people vastly over whelms the knuckle heads.

i dont know its just hasnt been my life experience.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
its sad how even right after his departure people tried to compare dmx,jarule etc... to tupac. its not surprising that they removed parts of his lyrics to his own song to perpetuate the image that "he lived like a thug and died like a thug".hail mary has some of the deepest lyrics in a rap song if u listen to it attentively; very positive to his audience and people were jealous.

DMX is like Tupac. He is just less focused. He falls more into fantasy then ends up getting arrested for impersonating a cop in his fantasy world. Hes still good peeps though. His struggle is REAL and he is REAL.

Jarule not so much.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Nothing truly insightful or relevent emerges from msm, and this is no exception.
Another fool with a microphone and attitude that learned how to rhyme in kindergarden, yahoo.
You're all deluded.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
God you americans are religious nuts
What i was expecting before opening this thread: sensible discussion on the illumanti and the music industry
What i got in this thread: jeeebus waz hur

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
2Pac took an oath and broke it, that's why he is no longer with us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Amen my man. One of the greatest things ever is that ability of music to reach across the boundaries of color to let us know we are all human

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yes really. He was murdered on the strip in Las Vegas. A lot of strange circumstances that night put 2pac in a bad position; unarmed with no vest(advised by his boss at the time Suge Knight), his bodyguard was told to go to a different car, he was stopped by the police and issued a ticket for loud music a few minutes before he was shot.
One of the main reasons he carried a gun and wore a vest was because he was shot previously in NY in a robbery attempt. While he was supposedly "safe" at P.Diddy's and Notorious B.I.G.'s recording studio.
If you were a celebrity, who had been shot previously, trust me, you would take precautions to protect yourself. Perhaps you should know what you are talking about next time instead of being so quick with the sarcasm guns. His music and message was not the crap that's out today.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nkultra
2Pac took an oath and broke it, that's why he is no longer with us.

What oath did he break? And how do you know this? Patiently waiting for this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Maybe they don't want the new generation to know about Killuminati.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join