Brievik questioned about 'Knights Templar' group

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Just when you thought it wasn't strange enough.

>>Prosecutors have said they believe Breivik's so-called "Knights Templar" group doesn't exist "in the way he describes it." Breivik insists it does, and said police just hadn't done a good enough job in uncovering it.

"Yes, there was a meeting in London," Breivik insisted.

I know many topics on ATS deal with "Secret Societies". This sounds like the KTs may be reforming. The article states-"Breivik claims to have carried out the attacks on behalf of the organization, which he described in a 1,500-page compendium he posted online before the attacks as a militant nationalist group fighting a Muslim colonization of Europe".

If it were England or France..I get the connection not so much Norway.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
wasn't they looking for the holy grail.

Watch out for that rabbit !
edit on 18/4/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

a guy who was part of a true secret society (in the sense that nobody knows about them) agrees to do a job in which he knows he will be caught. Then when he's caught, he starts talking about his hidden group? Smells a bit fishy. Either he was the wrong choice for this apparently important job, or he it a bit nuts and he has invented this group to deal with what he did. Or maybe it somewhere in the middle. Just smells wrong.
edit on 18-4-2012 by network dude because: why not.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
If it were England or France..I get the connection not so much Norway.

On the other hand, there's Bornholm Island in the Baltic. I've a little book titled The Templars' Secret Island by Erling Haagensen and Henry Lincoln which contains some intriguing clues to their activities there.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Okay.... I have a question...

Breivik also refused to give details on what he claims was the founding session of the "Knights Templar" in London in 2002. He conceded, however, that he embellished somewhat in the manifesto when he described the other three members at the founding session as "brilliant political and military tacticians of Europe."
(Source: OP Link)

Why on Earth is anyone taking this mass murdering fruit loop seriously in even a passing way?? There is the Knights Templar as described and recorded throughout the centuries and in many lands...........and there is what this friggen nut case founded in, umm, 2002? lol... Okay. He founded Psychos-R-Us and used a catchy name he read in a book.

Really.. We need to stop giving the animal the satisfaction of all this attention. The best punishment for a killer like this would be to see no cameras and no press at any of his future hearings. If the world just didn't care anymore, that would hurt him more than all the prison time anyone could dump on him. I'll bet on it.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Either he was the wrong choice for this apparently important job, or he it a bit nuts and he has invented this group to deal with what he did.

Brievik did not invent the Knights Templar (I know you know this, just for others).

They started hundreds of years ago.
edit on 18/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay.... I have a question...

Breivik also refused to give details on what he claims was the founding session of the "Knights Templar" in London in 2002. He conceded, however, that he embellished somewhat in the manifesto when he described the other three members at the founding session as "brilliant political and military tacticians of Europe."
(Source: OP Link)

Why on Earth is anyone taking this mass murdering fruit loop seriously in even a passing way??

Because he managed to build a massive car bomb, arm himself, plan and execute the biggest atrocity the country has seen since WW2, and no one knew what he was planning.

Forget whether their national intel was poor, for what he planned and the way he executed it, he should have been on the radar of every intelligence agency on Earth, and he wasn't.

How is it that some religious extremist in Uganda can be on the radar for building a pipe bomb, but a white nationalist can create the massive car bomb he created, plan the attack he planned, and kill 77 people without any blips or warnings anywhere in Europe or America?

If there had been warnings, or someone had been watching him, I would have more faith in their assertions that the group does not exist. But they missed him, European intel missed him, American intel missed him. This was not some crazy guy who one day decided to go nuts. He planned, and planned, and successful murdered 77 innocent people as a result.

I do not believe he is insane. I believe he is a religious/racial fanatic, just as Hitler was, just as so many of his cronies were. Would we seriously call Hitler "mentally ill"? No, he was just a very immoral, ignorant, dangerous and hateful man.

Do not confuse hatred, bigotry and extremism with insanity, they are not the same thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with you.

Brievik knew exactly what he was doing, planning out his attacks (the bombing and the massacre) with absolute care and timing. That, to me, indicates he may very well not have acted alone.

The references to the Templars are a complete red herring to me in that hoary old bunch were not as unfriendly to Islam as the mainstream would have you believe. During their heyday, being friendly with Muslims worked for them in their quest and I seriously doubt any modern vestige of them would have dropped that key to what for most Christians was a locked door.

Above, I mentioned Henry Lincoln and his studies about Bornholm Island in the Baltic Sea. The upshot of it all was a secret mapping system with which the Templars could navigate the land and water stretching from Jerusalem to the Baltic. Key locations, in that way, were safe from the harrassment by greedy kings hungry for Templar treasures. Remember that their entire treasury has been hidden now for many centuries ever since the Spanish King, Philip the Fair, successfully drove them underground.

For Brievik to tout Christianity and a hatred of all things Islam does NOT square with the Templar code whatsoever.

imho, of course.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well, I'd be equally confused and at a loss for how no one caught this guy as a threat except for a simple fact. No one really caught the Gifford shooter before he shot up a parking lot full of people either. You figure if you saw and chatted with a mass murderer you'd see the signs, right? Well.... That shooter was an ATS member in one part of his disturbed life.. No one saw him for the mass murderer he would become. He should have been caught too..in a perfect world, but there is the problem.

Until they actually load a weapon and leave their home for the final trip to whatever atrocity they are heading to commit, nothing they do is any different from people on sites like this talking every day. A rabid killer is just another disgruntled blogger...until they become more. I think that is precisely why the lone wolf scenario keeps our security people awake at night. There is no real way to pick the ONE out from the MANY...unless they tell someone all about things in advance...and there is no stopping them as a result of that real inconvenient truth.

I'm just glad more people who are as unstable as these people don't have the intelligence to go with it. The damage people like this are capable of with brains to go with it is enough to really catch one's breath over. Most criminals are idiots, and never is there a better example for why we should be very grateful for that,

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Brievik did not invent the Knights Templar (I know you know this, just for others).

They started hundreds of years ago.
They ended hundreds of years ago too. So Brievik's group is either imaginary or wannabes.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

They ended hundreds of years ago too. So Brievik's group is either imaginary or wannabes.

He has admitted that the founding of the group consisted of a meeting in 2002 of four people. This is likely to have occured, but of course, such a few guys plotting terrorist acts against Muslims and liberals have nothing to do with the Templars, historical, Masonic, or otherwise.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The Original "Knights Templar" order died out a long time ago. The only public knowledge per today having to do anything about templars or knights , are the order wich the queen of england can grant you access to.

These are standard"knight" settings practiced in newer age,and can not be compared with the original Knight Templars.

Among the knights are-
Bono from the band U2
Sean connery.

Still there is a huge but here. The knights templar main power came of their belief and ideology. It was at one time a secret order,without doubt,but even after their "death" the chance of their belief,knowledge and power being restored by others keeping their secrets safe is pretty big. The order had to much at stake,too much knowledge,so it being destroyed would be a historical disaster. Among the members were the amazing Leonardo Davinchi,and just by that fact, the chance of their existance per today is even greater if you understand the knowledge and information given away in his crypted paintings.

But after studying breiviks "templars" compared to the original ones, you can see that the similar threads are few.

If the real order still is out there,they work silently and holding their secrets close to their hand,away from public.

Short said,I doubt he has any contact with them, but there might be a new Templar group,with a bit different ideology wich he HAS contact with. If you want to know, you can find out,you got the biggest database out there
and its all connected.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I didn't think there was any doubt that they existed? Didn't the vatican have to issue an apology to them a few years back and pay out some compensation for what the pope and the king of france did to them?

www.theinsider.org...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

With you on this. Remember at the very beginning of the trial he said something to the effect that the worst thing that could happen would be if he was found insane by the courts? Well,...hello?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
I didn't think there was any doubt that they existed? Didn't the vatican have to issue an apology to them a few years back and pay out some compensation for what the pope and the king of france did to them?

Yes.

After the persecution, the Templars divided. The ones who were in Portugal simply changed theor name to the Order of Christ, and are still in existence today.

Other renegade Templars may have fled to Scotland, and may have had a hand in the evolution of Freemasonry.

top topics

join