It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site with information about vegetarianism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Beyond Vegetarianism

I'd also recommend googling for The Vegetarian Myth, by Lierre Keith. Probably the single best book I've ever read on the subject.

Before you ask, no, I'm not advocating that people go back to eating meat. I'm advocating that people make informed choices, and do what works for them on an individual basis. For some of you, that will mean vegetarianism. For others, it will mean meat.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'll take a look thatks! My wife has been vegetarian for years, most of her life in fact. She has nothing against meat eating and isn't bothered about the killing animals for food thing, she just doesn't like the taste/texture of meat. It's hard to find new things for her to try and I'm always trying to think of new ways for her to get more protein but it's easy to run out of ideas.

Me on the other hand. If it's meat, put it on a plate and I'll eat it
. Although because of my wife and the desire to just make one family meal we find ourselves eating more vegetables. Which in my book is always a good thing.
edit on 18/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the links!

It will be interesting to read the many perspectives offered. I was vegan for six years before discovering that the joint-swelling I had been treated for by my chiropractor was actually an allergic reaction to soy. Thankfully, I had refused the drug my doctor wanted to prescribe for my "very rare early-onset of arthritis". This experience made me hyper-aware of the fact that, despite my feelings on the ethics of meat (which I still struggle with), more conventional diets may be conventional for a good reason. As with most learning we do, I was again reminded to stop being so judgemental of others - something veganism and vegan literature seemed to facilitate.

new topics

join