It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1998 Armageddon 9/11 reference

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was watching Armageddon when i saw this sequence flash. The scene clocks in at under 1 second:

Better view:

WTC at 2:26

Even the guy in the taxi cap yells "Saddam Hussein is Bombing us"

9/11 reference? Possible Missile reference?

Even though the scene is short, someone spent time to create it. A "meteor" hitting the towers just like the planes did, in a movie backed by NASA, filmed on NASA locations. It made $553 million at the box office, equaling out to a lot of people seeing this 1 second clip. Could this and other subliminal scenes not yet found, made 9/11 easier to accept? Pre-programming tactic?

Many, many movies have been filmed in Manhattan, a random Tuesday in September would be no different. Could they get away with faking 2 Boeing plane crashes with either missile or hologram and simultaneous demolition efforts?

Or did flight-school flunk outs hit steel buildings with precision, melting them to rubble with jet fuel?

Grisly photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse will not be released because it would not advance America's interests here or overseas, an administration spokesman said Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

A movie depicting meteor showers that are bombarding many various areas around the globe. Of those thousands of meteors, there is one that slams into the tallest buildings, in one of the largest cities.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I doubt there is any real connection other than pure coincidence.

I will admit though, that is kinda creepy, it hit in pretty much the same spot the 'plane' did irl too...

Nice find.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

How many times does the WTC get hit in that spot.

Come on Boncho, you´re slippin homie, I´ve seen you come up with sarcasm that at least made sense.

So that scene in the movie Armageddon was solely created because someone (in Hollywood?) was planning to fly a plane into the trade towers 3 years later, having nothing to do with it being the most recognizable feature in the NY skyline at the time (and the most likely target for the backdrop in a disaster movie), and we should dismiss the previous attempt to destroy it as well, as it doesn't fit in with this hypothesis.

Oh and of course the motive for all this is... ....to not warn people by showing it in Hollywood movies, instead to leave a trail of evidence that could be easily linked back to people in the credits of the movie,

ah! but that is okay. Because the world will be dumbed down by fluoride so much in the future (Planned in 97ish?) that they will not investigate any further than a YouTube video which gives them a gut feeling, all kind of eerie-like, and that's all the evidence they need.

How's that for sarcasm?

edit on 18-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Honestly this is very interesting....even the way the buildings were blowing up and "dustified" reminds me of the twin towers on september eleventh...WTF I can't believe that taxi driver yells about Saddam Hussein....and that meteor strikes nearly the exact same spot as where one of the towers were being built....im sure Robert Anton Wilson would have something to say about all this....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

1 second clip. Could this and other subliminal scenes not yet found, made 9/11 easier to accept? Pre-programming tactic?

Mate, I think you are stretching it just a bit to far.

If it is as you claim to make it "easier to accept" or pre programming, why then such a short clip that is hardly going to be noticed?

Why not do it properly, and show some planes loose control and crash into the building, with people jumping out, and all the other horrors.

No, this theory of yours has no merit I fear.

vvv

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Could this and other subliminal scenes not yet found, made 9/11 easier to accept? Pre-programming tactic?

I really want to know what Zombieland is preparing us for....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

WTF I can't believe that taxi driver yells about Saddam Hussein

Yeah, that's crazy. Especially since the US put him in power during the beginning of his career and then invaded his country a few years before this movie was made. Who would have even known he existed at this time?

Oh, and don't forget the whole being not even remotely close to being responsible for 9/11 and everything... That seals the deal on this one...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, I responded to you talking about the quality of your sarcasm wich was below par this time.

I didn´t say anything about how correct the OP is.

I think he has a right to post this and I think it is kinda interesting to see and coincidental.

Wether it was done intentional or not.

Also, very perceptive by the OP.

edit on 18-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

If it is as you claim to make it "easier to accept" or pre programming, why then such a short clip that is hardly going to be noticed?

Conditioning is often done on a subconscious level. Just saying. Not that I think it would be useful in this case, since it seems to me the motive was to create the biggest shock possible.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I think my sarcasm has met the regulation requirements of quality control. But it's up to the readers to judge.

No offence to the OP if you are being sincere about this thread. I apologize for thinking it is absolutely absurd. I apologize having a few neurons firing that can distinguish fact from fiction.

Let me put it this way, there are millions of movies out there and for everyone that was spot on about something that happened in real life, there are thousands that didn't come close. The whole point, is that if you play the lottery eventually you will win.

It's all about odds.

In Hollywood's case, you actually have better odds of hitting on an event not happened because possibilities, throughout the world, are expressed in Hollywood. Which is taken from actual global intelligence, the global consciousness and the global psyche.

If you made a disaster movie, what building would you destroy? If you made a fictional war movie, what country would you base it on?

It is indicative of absolutely nothing....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Conditioning is often done on a subconscious level.

This I am aware of and do not dispute at all.

However, this scene was not subliminal conditioning. Merely a meteor hitting the tower, in a short scene to show the effect of the incoming meteors and the destruction.

vvv

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Conditioning is often done on a subconscious level. Just saying. Not that I think it would be useful in this case, since it seems to me the motive was to create the biggest shock possible.

If a meteor hit the towers, I guess this conditioning exercise would be a job well done...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

because it would be timed to play in the same period as a bunch of other short clips introducing new pre-programming? just a guess.

not to mention that these clips are easily memorable even though their duration is limited.

I mean the fact we can link them at all shows some sub-conscious curiosity on some level.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I think you misunderstood, I meant that conditioning in this case would not make sense, since the purpose of 911 was to create the biggest possible shock to people, they would want them surprised.

So I´m actually disagreeing with the OP there. Can you dig?

I think my sarcasm has met the regulation requirements of quality control. But it's up to the readers to judge.

Lol, no in this case it was sub par, cause the situation you used as example is a very common situation, both in real life as well as in the movies.The situation in the OP is not common in real life and it´s not common in the movies, therefore it didn´t make sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join