It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one creeped out by this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Celebrities having conversations with their iPhones.......

This ones sad.... funny though

but really.... how lonely are you to be having conversations with your phone.....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

mwah now I feel like I might be creepy...

what about dear diary recorded on my cam pc everyday? is that creepy?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
when they take away your phone you will feel like you lost a friend

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I recently took a long road trip and used my phone gps.
My wife constantly kept saying, "she said".
I would say it is not a she, and she would reply well it is not a mans voice.
I'd reply nope, that either, it is a device, a machine, not a he or she.
By the end of the trip she was saying, "it said".

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

mwah now I feel like I might be creepy...

what about dear diary recorded on my cam pc everyday? is that creepy?

LOL only if ye webcam starts talking back - I've talked to inanimate objects - but like... I've never had a conversation with webbot (also creepy, but I did ask it a few questions after reading some ATS threads - for the lulz, I posted them somewhere)

Originally posted by angrymob
when they take away your phone you will feel like you lost a friend

haha I gave up my cell years ago - I don't miss it in the slightest

reply to post by g146541
I'm guilty of that too

most of the GPS I've encountered had a female voice, and I would get hung up on the "she" - but if I asked it a question it never answered

I don't know what it is or how to explain it - but it doesn't sit right with me - everytime one of those commercials comes on I get chills. Maybe if it had a face...... cause that guy with the look-a-like robot (who's name escapes me) doesn't creep me out...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Cellphones are like cigarettes; some people can't do anything without them.

Then there's the people who can't do anything without both a cellphone and a cigarette in their mouth.

What an era we live in.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Zooey one more than the others - she seems to need a phone to tell her its raining and she's going to have a bowl of tomato soup delivered.

That's..ummm..pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Interesting.... I can agree with that, though nicotine would be an actual physical addiction (along with the mental) whereas the phone would be (purely) a mental/emotional one yes? I'm no psychologist though. And who knows, AT&T could very well be slipping something physically addicting into the mouthpieces. Breathe in, breathe out...

reply to post by Frogs

Maybe if they portray it more realistically, like literally show some lonely person with no one else to talk to - I cannot even begin to believe SLJ and ZD would prefer to discuss the weather and meal with their phone over their millions of adoring fans.

Thats probably what it is. Its the LIES the commercial is telling, rather than the phone itself.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The most realistic one I've seen is the teen kid learning guitar, putting together a garage band and telling the phone to call him "Rock God". Thinking back I could picture a ton of kids I used to know back in the day doing that if they'd had the phones then.

..as for Zooey.. I'll admit I'm woefully out of touch with the current crop of starlets. I honestly thought she was just a pretty but ditzy girl. She did seem vaguely familiar. She's famous for something or other I take it?

edit on 18-4-2012 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

yeah she's done quite a few movies - I mostly made note of her cause she's sisters with Emily Deschanel, the Actress who plays "Bones" - haven't watched the show since first season, but I have seen Z show up more and more often (I'm a movie freak)

I remember her specifically as the roommate in Failure to Launch and as the female friend in The New Guy and the mental girl in Manic - she was also in the Happening.... somehow I don't remember that.... but yeah I guess she could've been - going back a few years on those - after peeking the wiki, she has an actual TV show now called "The New Girl" - haven't noticed that one.

I sometimes confuse her movies with Shannyn Sossamon - best known probably as the girlfriend in Knight's Tale - Wristcutters: A Love Story - and what I most remember her for - The Rules of Attraction

Shannyn - www.imdb.com...
Zooey - www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't have that "Siri" on my phone. But the people that I know who do are pretty dissapointed with the idea that you could ever hold a conversation with it.

Response #1: "I do not understand _______________ . "

Response #2. "Now running a websearch for ______________."

Response #3: "There are 11 locations near you featuring ___________."

A parrot has more interesting dialogue.

top topics

join