It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Cable Workers Strike 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I figured I'd give you all a heads up. I don't have any specific sources other than I'm a manager of a contracted call center who processes work for a large cable/internet company that went on strike last year around August.

Coming down the rumor mill, there could be another strike happening similar to what happened last year. There's been a lot of stuff flying around about the Union possibly gearing up for a strike. Our contract just got re-adjusted by our client to increase the amount of their work we take...which means they may be planning on the CWA striking again. Just thought I'd post this, not particularly amazing news but it could mean problems for those of you with this ISP.

Cheers,

- H

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
How about some more information on this and possibly a link. What part of the world, what ISP?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

The ISP in question is Verizon, based in the US, services most of the country. Main impacted areas are on the East Coast, from Mass to DC. Affecting Landline services, not wireless.

Verizon Strike 2011

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
cable?

Fiberoptic too, right?

so much for elaborate Verizon FIOS installations and hefty $100/mo subscription fees

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
reply to post by taccj9903

The ISP in question is Verizon, based in the US, services most of the country. Main impacted areas are on the East Coast, from Mass to DC. Affecting Landline services, not wireless.

Verizon Strike 2011

Thanks for the info, I work in the industry for one of Verizon's competitors.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yeah, they work fiber in those areas too. 99% of the impacted areas will be Fiber-capable, and probably NY/NE.

Maybe someone else will have some extra info, but this is all I have to go on for now.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Phew! Thank God for my satellite dish!!!

In other news, isn't it Frontier now? Not Verizon??

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Phew! Thank God for my satellite dish!!!

In other news, isn't it Frontier now? Not Verizon??

Frontier only bought certain territories Verizon owned, namely most of the states between Pennsylvania and Nevada, except for Texas.

top topics

join