It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want a Hot Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza....but Im too far away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Pizza Hut restaurants in the U.K. will now offer a "Hot Dog Stuffed Crust" pizza with a mustard drizzle. Sorry America, you won't see it on this side of the Atlantic any time soon.

"The Hot Dog Stuffed Crust pizza is only available in the UK and there are no plans to introduce this product in the U.S.," Lisa Beachy, a spokesperson for Pizza Hut, told HealthPop in an email.

I saw this mentioned on the Colbert Report tonight, and by golly, I really want one of these now. Pizza Hut is by far my favorite big pizza chain, but seriously...why wouldnt they release it here in the US? I would problably order one every night for a week the second it came out here.

Now if they add the Stuffed Crust Cheese to the Hot Dog Stuffed Crust....heaven

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That's surprising, that sounds like a really American food.

I don't understand why you would want this really, it's not that great. You could make it yourself if you really wanted to, pizza bases are easy to make (I used to work at a pizza shop), just wrap some hotdog sausages up in the crust.

You can have pizza, you can have hotdogs, I don't see the point of mashing them together.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
DAMN that looks soo good i wish i still worked at a pizza joint we made a lot of crazy ass pies but i dont think we ever consitered that

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Man that looks gross

Mustard drizzle doesn't sound very appetizing

edit on 18-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

want. one. of. these. now. This is amazing and heartbreaking at the same time!!! Isn't a hot dog a US thing? Why deprive us of this wonerousness??

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

want. one. of. these. now. This is amazing and heartbreaking at the same time!!! Isn't a hot dog a US thing? Why deprive us of this wonerousness??

Actually I think it was invented in Germany or Austria. Frankfurter and Wiener are German and Austrian words.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Ew.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

omg that sounds great... I want one. Wonder how long that will take to at Wendy's :O

Can't wait until the day I can buy a hot dog like that... hmm oh begeebus I am hungry now...
edit on 18/4/2012 by Thurisaz because: by = buy typo bah

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Yes, but wasn't "hot dog" from the US?? Honestly askin cause I don't know and don't feel like looking it up right now...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Maybe their going to pull a Mcrib style thing with this. By insinuating America won't get it, while dangling it in front of us, we will demand it. Conversations like this about it could be free publicity.

ETA: If you cannot rest until you have one, try to make your own. Use a homemade dough recipe (cheap and easy to make but there is pre-mixed stuff you can buy and add water) and roll hotdogs in the edge (if you want regular stuffed crust use string cheese) Remember to perforate the center of the dough a little bit. Add pizza toppings of choice and enjoy.

edit on 18-4-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: Can't talk about it...squirrels are watching

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Exactly. Besides, if other pizza companies see that this sells well in England, they will start selling them here in America anyway, so Pizza Hut would be nuts not to sell them here if they are profitable.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm normally right there with the idea of trying new foods but......
I'm gonna steer clear of this one I think.
Some hot dogs just outright suck, but even to use the good ones on this pizza just seems, how was it said,.... ewwwww.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

The name probably was, but I don't think the actual food originated there. America like to give everything their own name, so who knows.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That looks really gross....

If someone on this side of the pond was wanting to make their own like that, I think it would be much tastier if it was stuffed with those long skinny spicy pepperoni sticks......

Then it could be a pepperoni stuffed pepperoni pizza - much better

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Stomach needs to quit rumbling godamnit!
Really want one, but the old man isn't a pizza fan.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I love the cheese stuft crusts, but dogs?

I simply have to try this now. Looks easy to make.

First one to post pics wins.......

new topics

top topics

join