It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genocide and past technologies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS. I wanted to put this in the science and technology forum but, I also wanted to put it in Ancient/Lost Civilizations. Then I realized I touched on secret societies and decided this was more of a 'general conspiracy' than anything else. My personal belief is this is a possibility and I'm not screaming conspiracy with this... but here we go. Mods if you feel this belongs elsewhere, I have no problem with it being moved.

P.S. I like to use ellipses in place of commas quote a bit and I'm ADHD so if my writing style bothers you... I'm sorry.

What if all the past genocides were not actually born of hate... but utilized as means to keep entire populations quiet about something?

I was reading something about how so much stuff happened way-back-when that is unexplainable. I.E. The Pyramids.

The fact that we have things that are completely unexplained going on got me thinking about how entire populations could have forgotten about possible technologies we used to have. Then, it hit me. Genocide. What if there is some higher power controlling major aspects of the world and don't want certain technology to be out there in the open? or thought "man... releasing that was a bad idea...." so decided to wipe out the entire population using that technology so they could remain superior....

What if the crusades wasn't just a crusade as we are told but, was meant to hide a technology that maybe the muslims discovered and quite hadn't figured out how to use (maybe alien artifact? Crap.. that's another subject I touched).

I realize in this day and age that would be really difficult seeing as how we have cameras and pretty much instant global communication but, way back when... when the internet wasn't around to convey the messages pretty much at the speed of light, genocide to hide a technology would have been pretty easy. That is, until a way to mute the net is born.

I feel there is more I should add to this but I'm not a fantastical writer and my mind keeps going in different directions. If I think of more to add I will add it.

Thanks for reading. =)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Welcome to the nut house.

Ill say this, humans as we are now, from the greatest of us to the least (Einstein, hawking, etc) have been around for some 250k years.

That means the humans of 250,000 years ago where no smarter brain power wise than we are now.

The leaps in technology over the past 300 years have been insane, but even before that say 10k years to start and evolve an advance society?

Seems to me that there is a lot more out there than we currently know, even all the "ancient" astronaut people could merely be earlier advanced human societal remnants etc.

I mean its not like most major mythologies involve myths of global disasters like a flood or something...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gabbermatt

Maybe you will like this
Vimanas of Ancient India

Interesting tech if its true.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabbermatt
What if all the past genocides were not actually born of hate... but utilized as means to keep entire populations quiet about something?

Welcome to ATS. I happen to think we're here doing great things like Jesus said...

John|14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John|14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John|14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Welcome to the nut house.

Ill say this, humans as we are now, from the greatest of us to the least (Einstein, hawking, etc) have been around for some 250k years.

That means the humans of 250,000 years ago where no smarter brain power wise than we are now.

The leaps in technology over the past 300 years have been insane, but even before that say 10k years to start and evolve an advance society?

Seems to me that there is a lot more out there than we currently know, even all the "ancient" astronaut people could merely be earlier advanced human societal remnants etc.

I mean its not like most major mythologies involve myths of global disasters like a flood or something...

I've always felt it was a bit off that we somehow became 'technologically advanced' only in the past 200-300 years when we've been around for much longer. There is evidence of some extremely intelligent people being born thousands of years ago and you mean to tell me "until now we've been in the dark". I doubt it.

With the end of your statement you bring me in to thinking about how maybe religion was developed by said leaders as a means to control (I'm sure i'm the first to think of this one...) and how the flood may have been true but, not in the sense that we think. Maybe it was used against a civilization that became too advanced and needed to be controlled. The bible states people lived for hundreds of years (Wasn't Moses like.... 600 years old? I don't read the bible...) I had a hypothesis about how these people could have been from another planet that had a much shorter year than us, but now I'm starting to think.. what if they just had the technology to extend their lives?

Bah, sorry I went off.... The more I think about this.. the more sense it makes to me heh.

reply to post by rangersdad

Oh nice, I'll have to check this out when I get home. =) Thanks for sharing.
edit on 18-4-2012 by gabbermatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think your hypothesis is quite possible, and easily illustrated in modern-day.

Just the other day, I read an opinion of someone who believed that a particular technology common to almost everyone was actually the mark of the beast, and that this person felt as if they were doing something wrong if they prayed while making bodily contact with this technology.

Fear is the most powerful motivator and weapon man has known so far. It's driven us to the edge of madness before, and it will again. With this in mind, I can easily envision a culture discovering a new technology which causes some members of another culture to question their own system of beliefs, particularly religion. Once the idea is spread throughout that culture, and the system of beliefs is threatened, I can see how the fear of that culture's deteriorating belief system could inspire genocide. It would either be genocide to maintain control of these ideas and beliefs, and consequently the people, or someone would need to be strong enough to throw in the towel and concede defeat of their belief system. And we all know how likely that scenario has established itself to be.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I do think fear is the most powerful tool to be used. If you can keep the masses afraid then, you have nothing to really worry about... That is, until they start calling your bluff. That is the stage I believe America is in right now so, TPTB have resorted to a new tactic. Ignorance. Keep the population ignorant and keep the left hand flashing shiny objects while the right hand steals your wallet. If this fails... well... Those FEMA camps may not be built for nothing.

This leads me to believe that the west may be systematically trying to destroy the middle east under claims of "terror prevention". If you think someone can be a threat you don't sit around and wait for it to happen... you take em out while it's easy. All the countries in the ME are starting to become more and more technologically advanced... I kind of wonder if someone is getting worried and is trying to prevent something. This something could be good or bad. -We- will probably never know anyways and even if someone did tell us the truth... we'd still be skeptical. If the genocide of the ME does happen, we won't be told and if we are.... it would be watered down.

Would be a much better place for everyone if everyone just shut up and let people be themselves without being harassed by people who shouldn't even really matter. Sadly, in the end, I don't see towels being thrown... only large metal objects...

Sorry.. I know this post wasn't entirely on point with my OP but I do think it's relevant. I have thought about this idea since I wrote this and am going to probably do some research on past genocides and see what kind of stuff I can dig up... if I find anything interesting i'll be sure to post it here.

new topics

top topics

join