It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to strike North Korea if 3rd nuclear test occurs..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
NOT THE U.S's problem let them be stop saying oh theyll do this or that..

It isn't?

Spending hundreds of millions of dollars settling in South Korea, tens of thousands of lives fighting them in the 50's, bargaing with Massive food/aid and guarding the DMZ seems like a country who believes they have a problem/responsibility to me!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

www.ft.com...

"The United Nations Security Council has warned North Korea it will take action if it embarks on another missile or nuclear test"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

Originally posted by trollz

Maybe, but North Korea is a very real, very legitimate concern. The reasons for being in the middle east and other locations may be suspect, but NK is an evil place. The entire country is enslaved and faces brutality and horrible living conditions. NK needs to be brought under control, and an attempt at doing so would actually be a positive thing for the world.

Granted that NK is supposedly an evil place, but who decides that it "needs to be brought under control"?? The US could also be considered as being an "evil place"...with all that "we" do around the world...
edit on 18-4-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

We (the US) have our problems, but we don't have forced labor camps where people are dying of starvation, torture and disease. We don't have military leaders murdered with mortars just to clean house. We're not denied access to all knowledge of the outside world. We aren't forced into servitude of a single man under punishment of misery and death. If hells exist on Earth, one of them is North Korea.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
U.S. looking at 'all options' on North Korea as nuclear test looms
www.chicagotribune.com...

Commander of U.S. Pacific Command Admiral Samuel Locklear said Washington had a range of options to consider in response to any further provocation by the North.

"I don't think it would be appropriate to comment on how we would pursue any future military operation, but I can tell you that with the alliance, that we are continually looking at all options," he said when asked whether a surgical strike on the North's nuclear test site was being considered.
www.chicagotribune.com...

edit on 4/18/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: color

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Maybe, but North Korea is a very real, very legitimate concern. The reasons for being in the middle east and other locations may be suspect, but NK is an evil place. The entire country is enslaved and faces brutality and horrible living conditions. NK needs to be brought under control, and an attempt at doing so would actually be a positive thing for the world.

Granted that NK is supposedly an evil place, but who decides that it "needs to be brought under control"?? The US could also be considered as being an "evil place"...with all that "we" do around the world...

We (the US) have our problems, but we don't have forced labor camps where people are dying of starvation, torture and disease.

Not yet...give it time...

We don't have military leaders murdered with mortars just to clean house. We're not denied access to all knowledge of the outside world.

Not military leaders...just general population...remember 9/11??

We aren't forced into servitude of a single man under punishment of misery and death.

Really? NDAA ring any bells? Not misery and death, but we are potentially being forced into servitude by our government...

If hells exist on Earth, one of them is North Korea.

Who decides that??

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Let them test the nuke! If there nuclear technology is similar to their missile technology they might just blow themselves up and save the rest of the world the trouble. It would not surprise me to see NK develop a hydrogen bomb, completely under estimate the yield and cause massive devastation to their own country.

If we want to have some real fun with NK, the U.S. government should ask the Coachella producers to develop a hologram of Kim il Sung telling the people of NK to abandon communism and embrace a free market economy. Broadcast that across the DMZ and watch them go nuts.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The US launching a first strike against North Korea is pure saber rattling, other than signal intelligence and satellite intelligence since it's virtually impossible to get agents into North Korea. The US would have no idea if NK has nuclear missiles forward deployed for firing at SK.

There is also the real possibility that if attacked by the US the NK would launch an immediate attack on SK with everything in it's arsenal. Remember that there is no declared peace between NK and SK just a 59 year cease fire.

A very dumb statement by our government.
edit on 18-4-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ummm, no. Even if there is another nuke test from NK it doesn't give anybody the right to attack them and anyone who does will be condemned in the strongest of ways.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I would worry if NK was run by mooselims. But, that new leader kid did alot of studying outside the country and

ain't dumb. He's just trying to stay tuff so he can play his video games and live the good life.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
There is also the real possibility that if attacked by the US the NK would launch an immediate attack on SK with everything in it's arsenal.

The voice of reason.

Military action against North Korea is an absolutely unacceptable risk to the people of South Korea. It's not possible for me to imagine Seoul smashed up by artillery... but just try to consider what that would be like for just a moment.

It's a completely, absolutely unacceptable risk. Putting the people of South Korea in such an extremely dangerous position must never be allowed to happen. Never.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

At least someone is getting serious on this issue. If we continue to let N. Korea develop nucs through testing, the next conflict they're involved in will be 10 times worse.

Unfortunately, I think the Commander's comments are a little more bark than bite. I think China's opinion is a factor here.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Is America going ballistic lately? Lets just start a war every few months because we're in control. The world and the people of the United States need to demand peace and an end to all this saber rattling, occupations and wars.

Right.. Because the fanatics that run around screaming allah akbar and cutting off peoples heads are truly no threat to world peace right? It's not a big deal if it's muslims slaughtering other muslims to you, only if it's Americans doing it right? These people are animals.. Thank God America has the balls to stop the stupidity.
edit on 18-4-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recouper

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
There is also the real possibility that if attacked by the US the NK would launch an immediate attack on SK with everything in it's arsenal.

The voice of reason.

Military action against North Korea is an absolutely unacceptable risk to the people of South Korea. It's not possible for me to imagine Seoul smashed up by artillery... but just try to consider what that would be like for just a moment.

I think you are underestimating the abilities of the US military.

"In World War II, it could take up to 30,000 bombing runs over a period of weeks to destroy a thousand ground targets. On Monday in North Carolina, the U.S. Air Force’s 4th Fighter Wing hit 1,000 targets in a single sweep, using just 70 or so Boeing F-15E Strike Eagles capable of dropping large numbers of small, smart munitions. Estimated time of destruction: a couple hours."

It's a completely, absolutely unacceptable risk. Putting the people of South Korea in such an extremely dangerous position must never be allowed to happen. Never.

It happens to Israel all the time why no complaints there? If anything I think the US could surgically render 90+% of NK's artillery useless within 15-20 minutes of entering NK aerospace.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
To say that this is "interesting", would be an understatement of monumental proportions.

If the U.S. decides to prevent this next test by military means, it would:

1) Send a strong message to the young dictator that he cannot act with impunity
2) If, done in concert with China (their acquiescence), would send a clear message that North Korea is truly isolated, and their continuing political retardation will not be tolerated.
3) Suggest that Kim Jung Whatever ought to angle for a big monetary free pass, and a villa in some sunny place, in return for giving his blessings to a Korean re-unification.

At some point this silliness needs to end...and now is the perfect time...before the new kid gets too entrenched in the national leadership fairy tale.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't think this issue is as easy to understand as it seems. It's not that obvious that China will help the U.S. solving this issue.

It's almost in the best interest of China that North Korea has a nuclear weapon. North Korea is China's buffer zone. As long as they control it, they have some sort of fanatic shield between them and any US influence through South Korea.

So, if North Korea would achieve nuclear military power, provably everyone would calm down and keep some safe distance. If NK doesn't use their nukes, it's the best possible scenario for China. Like a body-guard at the front door.

However, China might actually help the U.S., if they negotiate conditions that make China feel comfortable about an intervention in NK territory. That will depend on the judgement that the chinese make out of the possibility of NK being an idiot and actually attacking someone with a nuke.

I just hope they are not stupid to the point of actually doing it. Let's just hope that they act like gorillas, punching the floor and kicking off dust.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
To say that this is "interesting", would be an understatement of monumental proportions.

Who the hell gave America the right to tell other countries what they can and can't do with respect to defense spending/tests? Are we the biggest hypocrites on Earth or what? How did we become the world courts jury and judge? Why doesn't the world call the US the craziest dictatorship on Earth? We work feverishly every day to find new ways to kill people in combat. Why should NK be restricted from advancing it's own defense capabilities? This is just asinine mental illness and straight up stupidity for people to listen to the medias big bad wolf scenario..

2) If, done in concert with China (their acquiescence), would send a clear message that North Korea is truly isolated, and their continuing political retardation will not be tolerated.

How the heck are you going to tell another country what they can and can't do to defend themselves? I wish every country on Earth had nuclear capability.. We would never see war again!

3) Suggest that Kim Jung Whatever ought to angle for a big monetary free pass, and a villa in some sunny place, in return for giving his blessings to a Korean re-unification.

Why? What's the purpose of that?

At some point this silliness needs to end...and now is the perfect time...before the new kid gets too entrenched in the national leadership fairy tale.

Exactly.. Please refrain from giving your illogical views any farther. The media sure has had an easy time brainwashing you!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's all propaganda, we cannot stop anything. I assume that there is already someone ahead of all the countries saying what to do to begin with. I have given up and just pray to God to keep me from as much stuff as possible lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

South Korea's problem.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep over an American-led bombing campaign on N. Korean targets. It's a long time coming, in fact.

As long as there were assurances from the Chinese that they wouldn't retaliate on behalf on the North Korean regime I think it might even go over pretty well.. or go over as well as any bombing campaign ever does. And at this point, I don't think those assurances would be terribly hard to get. Rhetoric out of China points to an increasing frustration with the North Korean situation.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Who the hell gave America the right to tell other countries what they can and can't do with respect to defense spending/tests? Are we the biggest hypocrites on Earth or what? How did we become the world courts jury and judge? Why doesn't the world call the US the craziest dictatorship on Earth? We work feverishly every day to find new ways to kill people in combat. Why should NK be restricted from advancing it's own defense capabilities? This is just asinine mental illness and straight up stupidity for people to listen to the medias big bad wolf scenario..

How the heck are you going to tell another country what they can and can't do to defend themselves? I wish every country on Earth had nuclear capability.. We would never see war again!

Why? What's the purpose of that?

Exactly.. Please refrain from giving your illogical views any farther. The media sure has had an easy time brainwashing you!

Nobody developes nukes to REALLY defend themselves,how many countries do you think are going to nuke their own land in the event of an invasion.

let's get real here... I don't care how you look at it, Nukes are only going to be used to do harm to other countries, with or without conflict.

Why should we allow other countries to have them, when we are actively working with Russia to get rid of them
edit on 18-4-2012 by Cdaddy1034 because: bad grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join